• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV2008--AOS only

Thank you all so much for your posts! I’m sure most of us were assisted in the journey by the experiences posted here.

My journey was long and thanks to this blog helped me to orient myself and not to lose my patience in the long waiting period.

I wish you all the best in the future.

2008EU00019XXX
April, 07: NL received
June, 07: Mailed forms to KCC
July, 07 Mailed Dv fee to Dept of State
March 12:08 Mailed AOS package To Lockbox
April 29:Check Cashed
April 30:NOA's received.
May, 3:Biometric Appointment letter received.
May 16:Biometric done
August 5: Successful Interview and Card production

Thank you all so much for your posts! I’m sure most of us were assisted in the journey by the experiences posted here.

My journey was long and thanks to this blog helped me to orient myself and not to lose my patience in the long waiting period.

I wish you all the best in the future.

2008EU00019XXX
April, 07: NL received
June, 07: Mailed forms to KCC
July, 07 Mailed Dv fee to Dept of State
March 12:08 Mailed AOS package To Lockbox
April 29:Check Cashed
April 30:NOA's received.
May, 3:Biometric Appointment letter received.
May 16:Biometric done
August 5: Successful Interview and Card production

Congratulations. Enjoy your celebration for your new green card.

Card Production ordered!

Finally we got our card production ordered email from USCIS - some 48 days after interview! So hopefully our journey is over as well! I hope they don't change the status back to something else :) U never know with USCIS!

Also, got a question to people who already got their cards - how do they mail the card out? Does it require our signature on delivery? We are going to be out for a week or so and the mail will be on hold. Not sure if the US postal service would hold these mails.

Again, thanks to all those people on these forums who posts their experience and tips/links/etc. They were all very helpful! And good luck to all those people are are still waiting.

Thanks,

Finally we got our card production ordered email from USCIS - some 48 days after interview! So hopefully our journey is over as well! I hope they don't change the status back to something else :) U never know with USCIS!

Also, got a question to people who already got their cards - how do they mail the card out? Does it require our signature on delivery? We are going to be out for a week or so and the mail will be on hold. Not sure if the US postal service would hold these mails.

Again, thanks to all those people on these forums who posts their experience and tips/links/etc. They were all very helpful! And good luck to all those people are are still waiting.

Thanks,

Hi tp2007-
Congrats first of all. May I ask you a question? I just had my interview last thursday and I was wondering what did they put as your case status (online) after your interview? I got my passport stamped and the officer approved our DV however the case status online still says "interview completed, but case under review"?

Hi tp2007-
Congrats first of all. May I ask you a question? I just had my interview last thursday and I was wondering what did they put as your case status (online) after your interview? I got my passport stamped and the officer approved our DV however the case status online still says "interview completed, but case under review"?

In our case there was no change in online status till today - it was something like finger print fee accepted...If you are in doubt, I would try and call the office that you went for interview. If you don't have their ph #, try searching this forum for Field office phone numbers and see if you can talk to somebody to find out about your 485 status. In my case we could only call them on Wednesdays between a certain time, but every time we called they would give us good information (like whether name check was cleared, what exactly they are waiting for, etc. ) unlike their general customer service 800 number. But if your passports are stamped I wouldn't worry about it anymore.

Thanks,

In our case there was no change in online status till today - it was something like finger print fee accepted...If you are in doubt, I would try and call the office that you went for interview. If you don't have their ph #, try searching this forum for Field office phone numbers and see if you can talk to somebody to find out about your 485 status. In my case we could only call them on Wednesdays between a certain time, but every time we called they would give us good information (like whether name check was cleared, what exactly they are waiting for, etc. ) unlike their general customer service 800 number. But if your passports are stamped I wouldn't worry about it anymore.

Thanks,

Thanks for that! Yeah, I tried the 1800 number but as you know is just BS :( with them.
I will search for the field office telephone number...
I know the stamp should be good enough for now, but to me case under review makes me uncomfortable....its like...I did something wrong!

Hello

I was wondering if I can get some feedback from the forum, since my case is a little bit complicated

I won the DV-2008, send back the forms (DS 230 etc) back to the KCC and got the second letter from them, I'm currently living in the US from Venezuela

I'm under AoS under my wife's process (H1 -> Labor Cert -> AoS) we filed in July 2007, we already have working permits, we send the medical examinations, we already did the biometrics and we already got the paroles (under HER process), however based in her category there are no more visas for this fiscal year.

The DV-2008 will expire soon, should I file for AoS under my DV-2008 ? If so, do you think I have the time to do it ? I have everything ready to go, payment, forms, new medical examination, etc.

Should I apply for myself or both me and my wife ? ( I could apply myself and my wife can continue with her process ?)

Everybody I have ask (my lawyer, an information appointment on the local USCIS office) told me that I should apply, but after reading this forums looks like the process is going to take more than 6 weeks

Any feedback is welcome

Thanks

JAZ

Hi

Not sure what your DV case # is and why you had to wait this long. But if money for fees is not an issue, you could probably send it for AOS ASAP and hope for the best. If you are lucky and if your name check is cleared as per your previous pending AOS, you might be ok. But it all depends on your local office and how soon the files move through their system. If you do mail your app, make sure you put in bold regarding the Sept 30th deadline for DV. You could also possibly check about your namecheck status from your previous pending AOS and make a decision based on that.

Also, whether to apply for you and/or your wife - again no difference other than the fees. I don't think applying again in DV category is going to affect your other pending AOS - or so we were told. Anyways, all these are my opnion.

Good Luck!

Hello

I was wondering if I can get some feedback from the forum, since my case is a little bit complicated

I won the DV-2008, send back the forms (DS 230 etc) back to the KCC and got the second letter from them, I'm currently living in the US from Venezuela

I'm under AoS under my wife's process (H1 -> Labor Cert -> AoS) we filed in July 2007, we already have working permits, we send the medical examinations, we already did the biometrics and we already got the paroles (under HER process), however based in her category there are no more visas for this fiscal year.

The DV-2008 will expire soon, should I file for AoS under my DV-2008 ? If so, do you think I have the time to do it ? I have everything ready to go, payment, forms, new medical examination, etc.

Should I apply for myself or both me and my wife ? ( I could apply myself and my wife can continue with her process ?)

Everybody I have ask (my lawyer, an information appointment on the local USCIS office) told me that I should apply, but after reading this forums looks like the process is going to take more than 6 weeks

Any feedback is welcome

Thanks

JAZ

Hi

Not sure what your DV case # is and why you had to wait this long. But if money for fees is not an issue, you could probably send it for AOS ASAP and hope for the best. If you are lucky and if your name check is cleared as per your previous pending AOS, you might be ok. But it all depends on your local office and how soon the files move through their system. If you do mail your app, make sure you put in bold regarding the Sept 30th deadline for DV. You could also possibly check about your namecheck status from your previous pending AOS and make a decision based on that.

Also, whether to apply for you and/or your wife - again no difference other than the fees. I don't think applying again in DV category is going to affect your other pending AOS - or so we were told. Anyways, all these are my opnion.

Good Luck!

Thanks for your reply

Mi Case Number is 755 from SA

I wait so long because "technically" by this time we where supposed to have my wife's process green cards, we are still waiting ... :(

Some questions.

I'm planning to mail the app (with my wifes info to) no later than this Friday you mention to put in bold the Sept 30th deadline, where should I put this ? In a cover letter ?

Another question, should I mail all the forms again (besides de I-485)? Do I need again another biometrics, another parole and another work permit ? Can they use the data from my current process (I have an A#)

How can I check the namecheck status ?

Again thanks

JAZ

Thanks for your reply

Mi Case Number is 755 from SA

I wait so long because "technically" by this time we where supposed to have my wife's process green cards, we are still waiting ... :(

Tell me about it..our employment based cases are still pending and would probably have taken a few years to clear if we had waited for that..

Some questions.

I'm planning to mail the app (with my wifes info to) no later than this Friday you mention to put in bold the Sept 30th deadline, where should I put this ? In a cover letter ?

I would put it in the cover letter on the first page - something they would see as soon as they open the document. Again, you are really up against time here so if I were you I wouldn't even wait till Friday. But if you are luckly you might still make it. I would even put it on the envelope if that is possible. I have seen in some cases USCIS asking people to put "EXPEDIATE" on the envelope for quick processing. You can even try that.

Another question, should I mail all the forms again (besides de I-485)? Do I need again another biometrics, another parole and another work permit ? Can they use the data from my current process (I have an A#)

How can I check the namecheck status ?

I would put all the necessary documents for I485. Don't assume that they would have your previous file to adjudicate this application - in our case waiting for them to get our previous file delayed the whole process after interview. I wouldn't apply for I131(AP) and 765(EAD) as your previous petitions through employment will still hold good for AP and EAD. Put your A# on the spaces provided on the 485 and G325A. You will need to go for another Biometrics appt for this application.

Again, these are all my own opinion...and am not an attorney!

Again thanks

JAZ

Hi Folks,

Thank you all for your support and information. Had my interview today and the IO told me that the case has been approved and I shd receive the GC in abt month. The interview lasted for about 5 mins and only my passport and driving license were

My passport wasn't stamped though and my online status hasn't changed.

^^^^ Congratulations dv2008gh!
Did they tell you why there's no stamp? In my case they give me stamp because they took my EAD and I-94 away..I wouldnt be able to proof to my employer that I'm authorized to work without that stamp.

Thanks,

Congratulations!!! :) :) :)
It is good to see that after 48 days you finally got the cards...in our simialar situation after the interview, we are still waiting and waiting, status online does not change " fingerprint fee accepted in March .."
They stamp the passports or nothing and today it is 46 days from interview date.
There is no phone numbers for our local office "Wash DC" and infopass is granted after many failed trials... nothing earlier than 8/20...

:confused::confused::confused:

It is good to see that after 48 days you finally got the cards...in our simialar situation after the interview, we are still waiting and waiting, status online does not change " fingerprint fee accepted in March .."
They stamp the passports or nothing and today it is 46 days from interview date.
There is no phone numbers for our local office "Wash DC" and infopass is granted after many failed trials... nothing earlier than 8/20...

Sorry I meant they did not stamp the passports!

Searching for USCIS field office found me this link
http://www.immigrationportal.com/archive/index.php/t-201370.html

Not sure how current the numbers are or whether this would help. But my field office's number from the above page was current and they were extremely helpful! Good Luck!

Another option is to talk to your local representative/senator's office. They might also be able to trigger something. Chances are it is sitting on an officers work pile without getting noticed. You have to mention the Sept 30th deadline for DV cases no matter whom you speak to.

^^^^ Congratulations dv2008gh!
Did they tell you why there's no stamp? In my case they give me stamp because they took my EAD and I-94 away..I wouldnt be able to proof to my employer that I'm authorized to work without that stamp.

I feel so left out now :( I still have a few days until my interview. I'm glad badluck is on the same path as me. By next week, we'll both post that we got approved as well. right badluck ;)

Hey Maconcita,

I havent forgotten about you :p I know your interview is coming up in less than a week! So dont feel left out--if anything...as you know I'm still kinda worry about my online case status...gosh I hate that website! :cool:

^^ LOL I just complained about USCIS website 20 mins ago, and like few secs ago I received CRIS email that says "Card Production Ordered" ----thats it now I'm truly happy!!

^^ LOL I just complained about USCIS website 20 mins ago, and like few secs ago I received CRIS email that says "Card Production Ordered" ----thats it now I'm truly happy!!

YEAH!!!! :D CONGRATULATIONS MY FRIEND. It is finally over for you, I'm so happy for you, really. We'll all be on that boat soon! Congratulations again.
By the way, is there anyway we can get a "GC receipt party" online ;)
Best of Luck to all, we deserve it right :cool:

Last edited by a moderator: