• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV2008--AOS only

I'm so sorry you're enduring this. I tried to schedule the infopass through the washington office, and you're right, same thing, they don't have any appointments available.
I don't know how much this will help since your file is in your field office but i contacted uscis on Friday and spoke to a nice gentleman who gave me several numbers:
DOS: 202-663-1225 (I tried this number, kept ringing endlessly...)
DOS Switchboard: 202-647-4000
some other number 202-282-8000

I didn't try the others but he said that if I wanted to find out about my case or name check status, I could try those numbers (the last number was specifically for the name check). I don't know if this will help but it's better to have other numbers than that useless uscis number.
good luck,

Hi Maconcita,

I tried the first number and luckily I got to speak to someone but they are the State Dept and said have no info for my issues and I should call USCIS at the same 1-800 number....

It seems there is nothing we can do!!!

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Hi Maconcita,

I tried the first number and luckily I got to speak to someone but they are the State Dept and said have no info for my issues and I should call USCIS at the same 1-800 number....

It seems there is nothing we can do!!!

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

I'm sorry about that! I don't have any other numbers unfortunately. :(

Thanks, guys!

23 Jul - 1 day before I received "Card Production Ordered" mail

Hi,

Congrats .....I see you also have been waiting for a long time for the cards after the interview....
We are also waiting for the same..... we had our interview on 6/26 and to date have not received nothing (40 days) when checking status online shows the only "Fingerprint Fees accepted on March 11"!

Is there any thing you advise we do?

Thanks

Scopt

badluck2 that is wonderful news. Thank you for the detailed conversation, it helps a lot. Your interview is scheduled a day after mine :D, i will be sure to share as much details with you as I possibly can. Well, Congratulations on your interview; it will all go well and we'll soon celebrate our GC receipt.
by the way, which field office did you go to? My experience didn't go as smoothly as yours did. My field office is Baltimore:)

Thanks, please share your interview experience. My field office is in Chicago, IL.:)

Hi,

Congrats .....I see you also have been waiting for a long time for the cards after the interview....
We are also waiting for the same..... we had our interview on 6/26 and to date have not received nothing (40 days) when checking status online shows the only "Fingerprint Fees accepted on March 11"!

Thanks

Scopt

Scopt,
I haven't been waiting for cards, I been waiting for namecheck clearence - on interview officer said he could not approve case without FBI namecheck results.

In your case I do recommend to do infopass to clear up status then go to local congressman and senator office, explain your situation and ask to make official request to USCIS. Usually it helps to speed up processing.
Hurry up, don't wait too much, you need approve till Sep 30.

Hi,

Thanks

Scopt

Scopt,

If it is of any help, we are also in the similar situation. But from what I've learned from my experience and in my opinion, you cannot infer anything from somebody else's case - no two cases are identical. Having said that, we had our interview on 6/24 and my spouse's got approved/stamped in passport, mine was awaiting some files. We are yet to receive our welcome email/cards and status still shows the same "finger print fee received...". Upon making a few phone calls to the local office where we had our interviews, I learned that because we had prior AOS applications through employment pending, they had to deny/close out our prior employment based AOS application, wait for atleast 6 weeks for any rebuttal and only then can the cards be ordered. Hence nothing has come through for my spouse yet. As for me when I mentioned that the case is DV based, they put me on hold and mentioned that they've notified their supervisor and they will have somebody work on my case soon. Also, they mentioned that if you have filed several applications for various reasons to different offices, which was true in my case, each office might have opened a temporary file for you and they need to get all those files to the officer who is adjudicating the case before a case can be adjudicated. Another reason might be pending security check - again you should mention about the memo (that was posted on this thread a while back)...that mention about expediated namecheck for DV based cases (and/or mention the recent 180 day wait period for name check if your case has been pending for more than 180 days).

So in your case, if you know the number of your local office where the cases are pending, I would try and call their number directly. You might even be able to find the number from the web - I have seen some phone numbers floating around online. If not I would try scheduling an infopass appointment and see if the officer is any helpful. Do not forget to mention the Sept 30th deadline for DV based cases. If you were stamped in your passports then I wouldn't worry too much. But if not I would try and find out what it is waiting for.

My interview letter arrived.:)
I hope my name check gets cleared before my interview.

That is awesome!!! :D
so GlistenPearls is leading with an interview tomorrow then dv2008gh with one next week (8/12), then me (8/18) then you...
I hope we'll all have our Cards in September! :D
We're getting there my friends

Its over for me guys!!!! I went for interview this morning at 9am, but arrived at 8.30am.
The officer called my name at 8.50am and my husband and I went upstairs to his office then we have to take oath.
Once we sit down, the office explained the fact that I have AOS pending for employment based too. He said if we get approved for DV, the employment based AOS need to be canceled and we both have to sign a statement that explaining the cancellation.

I asked him, how will I know for sure I will get approved for DV (*I was just being cheeky*)..then he said "I'm going to request a visa based on your case number now". I was surprised, because I thought he need to make sure our paperwork in order before he requested the numbers-but what the heck..by then I was so curious to see if there are numbers for both of us.

He moved the monitor screen so that both of us can see (this I think was pretty unusual too), he entered my country of chargeability, my case number and A number then just click "submit". The next screen shows bold letters that says " APPROVED" I was so excited!!

Then he do another request (for my husband) based on the same criteria above (my country of chargeability, my case and A number), and again "APPROVED" was shown.

The officer then smiled and said, you both have visa numbers now, so can you sign this cancellation letter then? We immediately sign.

Then that's when he's checking my documentations, to make sure my name, date of birth, parents' name are correct. Once he finished, he took both of our passport and he stamped it with I-551 (evidence of permanent resident) that valid as a 'green card' until we receive the real thing.

He told us, we should receive our cards within 2/3 weeks :D and that's it really! It was so easy and no complication at all. And ooh..we asked about our name check and he said our name checked came out clear few weeks ago--so that was a big relieved.

Maconcita, it will be a breeze for you in a week time--you will get it no worry!! I was extremely calm this morning (compare to yesterday or the day before), I was really letting it go and just have more faith really.

Last edited by a moderator:
Its over for me guys!!!! I went for interview this morning at 9am, but arrived at 8.30am.
The officer called my name at 8.50am and my husband and I went upstairs to his office then we have to take oath.
Once we sit down, the office explained the fact that I have AOS pending for employment based too. He said if we get approved for DV, the employment based AOS need to be canceled and we both have to sign a statement that explaining the cancellation.

I asked him, how will I know for sure I will get approved for DV (*I was just being cheeky*)..then he said "I'm going to request a visa based on your case number now". I was surprised, because I thought he need to make sure our paperwork in order before he requested the numbers-but what the heck..by then I was so curious to see if there are numbers for both of us.

He moved the monitor screen so that both of us can see (this I think was pretty unusual too), he entered my country of chargeability, my case number and A number then just click "submit". The next screen shows bold letters that says " APPROVED" I was so excited!!

Then he do another request (for my husband) based on the same criteria above (my country of chargeability, my case and A number), and again "APPROVED" was shown.

The officer then smiled and said, you both have visa numbers now, so can you sign this cancellation letter then? We immediately sign.

Then that's when he's checking my documentations, to make sure my name, date of birth, parents' name are correct. Once he finished, he took both of our passport and he stamped it with I-551 (evidence of permanent resident) that valid as a 'green card' until we receive the real thing.

He told us, we should receive our cards within 2/3 weeks :D and that's it really! It was so easy and no complication at all. And ooh..we asked about our name check and he said our name checked came out clear few weeks ago--so that was a big relieved.

Maconcita, it will be a breeze for you in 5 days time--you will get it no worry!! I was extremely calm this morning (compare to yesterday or the day before), I was really letting it go and just have more faith really.

Wow....that's good news. Congrats!

Maconcita, it will be a breeze for you in a week time--you will get it no worry!! I was extremely calm this morning (compare to yesterday or the day before), I was really letting it go and just have more faith really.

:D CONGRATULATIONS :D I'm so happy for you! It is over for you finally. We're next soon. I hope we'll all have an easy experience as you did. Wish us luck and THANK you for taking the time to share your experience with us.

Congratulations and wish you happy time after all stressful times.:)

Thanks everyone!! I wish you all the very best of lucks too!!!
Rightttt...I guess my 'stress' is not over yet. I just checked my online status, and I got this (updated at 11am today):

Current Status: Interview completed, but case under review

Your case is currently undergoing a required review by an immigration officer. We will notify you by mail as soon as the review is completed and a decision is made.

Ehhhm...what is that mean?? I thought the officer told me I got approved hence the stamp in my passport? And I kinda expecting the status to be something along "application approved" and so forth.

I'm a little bit worry now...anyone who already receive green cards got this message before?