• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV2008--AOS only

interview

I did the biometrics on the 23rd Nov. Still did not get anything from the USCIS. Online it says the my I765 was approved, card ordered.

For the interview, did you receive something like NOA, or a phone call? Are they flexible with the dates? (I got my travel documents and want to go for 2 weeks on New Year to see my family).

Thanks,
Dan

The interview letter is from your local service office, but gives you the date of interview plus a list of things to take with you (that I assume varies from person to person).

It also says that the only way of changing the interview date for an emergency, and you must provide them with evidence of the emergency to avoid your case being denied, so I don't think you can use a trip to see your family as good reason.

Thank you ... another quick question. How did you know the background check stuff? I saw that you have a date about it.

Thanks,
Dan
-----

2 hours later called the 304 number from FBI and they told me they sent the answer on the 24th of Nov.

Last edited by a moderator:
We booked an Infopass appointment at our local USCIS office to ask another question, and they told us at that time. Others on here have done the same or called the appropriate department (FBI?) who told them over the phone. I'm sure someone here will have the number to call.

Thank you ... another quick question. How did you know the background check stuff? I saw that you have a date about it.

Thanks,
Dan
-----

2 hours later called the 304 number from FBI and they told me they sent the answer on the 24th of Nov.

We booked an Infopass appointment at our local USCIS office to ask another question, and they told us at that time. Others on here have done the same or called the appropriate department (FBI?) who told them over the phone. I'm sure someone here will have the number to call.

I had an Infopass today and the officer told me that my name and backround checks are cleared. Now, I'm just getting nervous about the interview...

hi guys i really need help deciding on whether i should do AOS or CP. my number is really high (AS00011XXX) and i dont expect it to be current till august 2008. I've been looking at people's time line and have seen that it normally takes more than just 2 months to get ur status adjusted since submitting forms to the chicago lock box. I'm currently an undergraduate student and i graduate in May 2008, I could apply for OPT and stay here till august and submit my AOS files. but if going back home and doing CP is faster i would much rather do it. does anyone know is number's being current around august 2008 still has a chance of getting status adjusted within 2 months (since DV expires on 30th September 2008).
Please advice!

Hello Usstudent,

I am neither a lawyer nor an immigration expert; I just read like you this board and learn new things everyday. So please do not use my advice as a rule. Please consult with a Lawyer for the final answer to your questions.

Here are my questions to you:

1. Which country are you from in Asia, remember that administrative processing might take some time?

2. You are on F1 visa here in the USA and your intention is to study not to immigrate. I read somewhere on this site this might be an issue if your DV2008 is not approved in the interview since you show an intention to immigrate. Please do not rely on my answer and try to search it more and consult an immigration lawyer to be sure.

3. As for the CP or AOS, I think CP is faster if and only if your country and name is not flagged in the US Embassy database for further processing (Sent to DC FBI name check).

Good luck,
RMS2003
CN:AS12xxx

Help me out!

I sent my forms back to KCC on Nov 5 and have not heard anything since.
My number is 5XX and it was available on Nov 1,2007

Where do I send my fees? in the letter said $350 but in the form I-485 says $1010. Which one is right?

What Do I need to send in the package to Chicago? Do I send it right away? or wait for something else first?

What basically says in the letter that I would receive from KCC? Are those the instructions to send the fees and package to Chicago?

When Do I need to go to the USCIS office?

After sending Fees and Package, what is next?

Please little help,

Lucky2008Winner :(

thanks RMS for ur advice. im from Nepal. i just had one more question.. do they do the FBI check based on what country u are from? i just have to find out if i can get everything done (starting from submitting forms for AOS to receiving the green card) in two months. 2 months because my number will only become current in august 2008 and DV expires on 30th sept 2008.

and lucky.. i think u need to pay both the amount. $375 is for KCC and $1010 is for the USCIS.

good luck!

lucky .. some more advice..
u should first pay the $375 to PA office .. they will send u the receipt. which you will send to the USCIS office along with ur other documents for AOS. and from what i understand so far, the USCIS will then send u Notice of action and after which u will pay the $1010 amount to them.
you will need to send the forms of AOS to the chicago lock box. look up online for their mailing address.
check out this thread .. its REALLY helpful. u'll see all the info u need.
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=229911

DV fee receipt does not have to be sent to Chicago with AOS. I asked for this to KCC twice, and they made it clear to me that I have to show the original receipt during the AOS interview.

DV fee receipt does not have to be sent to Chicago with AOS. I asked for this to KCC twice, and they made it clear to me that I have to show the original receipt during the AOS interview.

That is true. u don't have to send the Dv receipt with ur AOS forms if you don't have it yet.

So I am off to the biometrics place in the hope they will do me as a walk in - my actual appointment is scheduled during an exam, so fingers crossed!

Hello to all,
I sent 375$ to PA 2 weeks ago. I was worried at first since 3 days later I got info that my envelope was delivered, but to certain PNC bank instead to Department of State. It turned out at least one more person had same experience (he/she also had all kinds of problems with US Mail failing to deliver the package on several occasions). Now I am worried again, since I haven't received the receipt of payment yet. I hope it won't take 3-4 weeks....
Cheers
Nebo

Green card approved!

I went to the service center in San Jose this morning.

The officer asked to see my passport, birth certificate, bsc, ms, and payment to department of state.

He asked me a couple of simple questions like my address, phone number, when I entered the country, how long I had worked for my company and country of citizenship.

And then my green card was approved! I can't believe this has finally happened. Thank you all for your help.

Congratulations, I'm really pleased for you. Out of interest, on your interview letter, did it ask for all those documents that you say they requested at interview?

I went to the service center in San Jose this morning.

The officer asked to see my passport, birth certificate, bsc, ms, and payment to department of state.

He asked me a couple of simple questions like my address, phone number, when I entered the country, how long I had worked for my company and country of citizenship.

And then my green card was approved! I can't believe this has finally happened. Thank you all for your help.

Yes. The letter asked for the passport, birth certificate and dv fee payment. They also asked for originals of all the copies I sent with the application, which includes my bsc and ms.

m_power2002,

It took more than 5 weeks to receive the receipt from them. You need the receipt for your interview; if it gets two weeks close to your interview and you haven't received your receipt, I'd suggest you to call KCC and ask their help. They have direct control on this process, and I believe they would help you.

m_power2002,
it took 4 weeks for me to receive the receipt. at one point i sent an email to kcc asking about the receipt and the answer came very fast --the next day--they told me i'll get my receipt in x days. maybe you should do the same :)

MalaysiaDV2008,
congrats!! we're sending our package tomorrow, hope everything will go smooth for us also.