• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV2008--AOS only

Interview App.

Yesterday I got the interview appointment letter for Dec. 5th. Very interesting since I haven't done my Biometrics yet. :confused: The letter says that I have to bring my passport, birth certificate, and I-94. I'll take all the documents with me, just in case.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yesterday I got the interview appointment letter for Dec. 5th. Very interesting since I haven't done my Biometrics yet. :confused: The letter says that I have to bring my passport, birth certificate, and I-94. I'll take all the documents with me, just in case. Anybody had their interview yet? How did it go?

That was quick. When I went to our Infopass appointment the other day (in Orlando) they commented that Interviews are coming through very quickly this year as it is quiet, with not many people yet having submitted their AOS requests. Odd that it has been arranged prior to your Biometrics though.

That was quick. When I went to our Infopass appointment the other day (in Orlando) they commented that Interviews are coming through very quickly this year as it is quiet, with not many people yet having submitted their AOS requests. Odd that it has been arranged prior to your Biometrics though.

It seems like they are much faster than last year. It's surprising that your wife's name check was cleared in only 3 days. I'm worried that my backround and name check won't be cleared by the time of the interview.

Does anybody know if KCC is going to send any forms to USCIS? I want to make sure that USCIS has everything at the time of my interview.

The Infopass guy told me our forms etc are in Missouri now (MSC), but will be routed to USCIS a few days before the interview date.

It seems like they are much faster than last year. It's surprising that your wife's name check was cleared in only 3 days. I'm worried that my backround and name check won't be cleared by the time of the interview.

Does anybody know if KCC is going to send any forms to USCIS? I want to make sure that USCIS has everything at the time of my interview.

Congratulation PTA. All the best.
I am still waiting for my interview. I can't make a infopass appointment and visit the local USCIS office for inquiry as it is 4.5 hours drive from where I am. So have no idea whether name check has been completed or not yet. I am just waiting for the interview letter to arrive.

10/1/07 - USPS AOS package to Chicago
10/3/07 - Delivered AOS package
10/10/07 - Check cashed
10/13/07 - NOA Received (Dated Oct 10th)
10/17/07 - Biometrics Letter - Appointment 11/02
10/24/07 - Biometrics done
10/24/07 - EAD card proceesing started
11/2/07 - EAD card approved
11/8/07 - Received EAD card in mail
- Waiting for Interview call

Hello guys,
My number is EU 12XXX. I figure it will be current in January or Feb the latest. I have some issues I am not sure about. Any suggestions?
I guess I should send that $375 check ASAP. What is the final verdict: is money order better than personal check, or is cashier check the bestest?
I went to the local USCIS office in May and they gave me the list of physicians who are suggested for medical exam. Do I just call and schedule myself? I guess I tell them it is about DV and they will know what to do?
Finger prints....I think after I send stuff to Chicago, they will let me know where and when to go for biometrics. Is this correct?
I am a ph.d. student, about to graduate in May. The local office is Newark, NJ. I am not sure what to do about OPT and all that stuff. I am not sure how fast Newark office is as far as scheduling interviews goes (anyone has any idea?), but if I become current in Jan-Feb, it can happen that I won't get interviewed or won't receive GC before May. I don't want to loose legal status here, so is it better to apply for OPT just in case? Would me applying for OPT cause some problems/complications as far as DV GC process goes?
Thanks a million, and good luck to all.
Cheers
Nebo

My number is EU 12XXX. I figure it will be current in January or Feb the latest. I have some issues I am not sure about. Any suggestions?

Mine is EU 97XX and it will be current in December, I think yours will be in January.

I guess I should send that $375 check ASAP. What is the final verdict: is money order better than personal check, or is cashier check the bestest?

I sent a cashier check, also money order will work.

I went to the local USCIS office in May and they gave me the list of physicians who are suggested for medical exam. Do I just call and schedule myself? I guess I tell them it is about DV and they will know what to do?

Yes, you need to call and make an appointment for an USCIS exam. They know what this is about.

Finger prints....I think after I send stuff to Chicago, they will let me know where and when to go for biometrics. Is this correct?

Yes, it's correct.

I don't want to loose legal status here, so is it better to apply for OPT just in case? Would me applying for OPT cause some problems/complications as far as DV GC process goes?

I'm not sure about this part, but there are people here that can help you.

Good luck and let us know how the things are going for you,

Thanks a bunch Ruxy.
Can anyone tell me about OPT issue? I guess it is not that urgent, but I would still like to know ahead of time so that I can prepare. Thanks in advance.
Yes I will keep you guys updated on how things are developing (if I manage to figure out how to set that timeline footer you all have when you post stuff).

Hello all,
I am about to send the 375$ to PA this week. I just have couple of more questions. Whoever knows, please help with your advice/experience.
I have never used cashier checks, but now I read a bit about it.... It seems that all I need to do is go to my bank and get one, is this correct? And then I fill it out indicating somehow my DV number? If I use cashier check will I be able to see that they cashed it (like I would normally be able to do with personal checks)?
Sending: UPS, or USPS? I want to track the package. With UPS, I guess the receiver needs to sign, same for USPS with Express Mail option. Is there anyone to sign there? Or am I just worrying too much and these are nonimportant details? I just want it to arrive and in shortest time possible....
Thanks!
Cheers
Nebo

Hello all,
I am about to send the 375$ to PA this week. I just have couple of more questions. Whoever knows, please help with your advice/experience.
I have never used cashier checks, but now I read a bit about it.... It seems that all I need to do is go to my bank and get one, is this correct? And then I fill it out indicating somehow my DV number? If I use cashier check will I be able to see that they cashed it (like I would normally be able to do with personal checks)?
Sending: UPS, or USPS? I want to track the package. With UPS, I guess the receiver needs to sign, same for USPS with Express Mail option. Is there anyone to sign there? Or am I just worrying too much and these are nonimportant details? I just want it to arrive and in shortest time possible....
Thanks!
Cheers
Nebo

So...you go to your bank and ask for a cashier check (my bank charged me 5$ for it). You make it payable to the Department of State as it's written on the notification letter and ASK your bank to type your DV number on the check. You cannot see if the check was cashed, that's the downside. I sent it using USPS, it arrived in 2 days, then it took 3 weeks for me to receive the receipt. For other people it took less, I guess it depends on how busy they are. Also read this topic, I guess page 6 or 7 where people discussed about this subject. Hope this helps...

hi,
can any of the early lucky birds tell me how long it takes to get the biometric appointment letter? it has been 2 weeks since i got my NOA and i still haven't help from them concerning my appointment for the fingerprinting etc. am i to call and make the appointment or will they give me a date and place to go for it?
thanks.

Hi My appointment letter for finger print was issue 4 days after my first notice of action. So i am sure, yours is on the way. just keep cool for some take longer and some shorter depending on who is processing your case file. Have a great day and good lock. Now waiting for my interview letter sometime next year.

I have a few questions about the I485 form:
1.at part 2, the winner should choose option h and his/her spouse option b? Is this correct?
2.part 1, address C/O: it means current address, right?
3.if I want to fill out the application for traveling outside, the I131 form, at part 3 I am asked about the intended date of traveling. I don't have an exact plan about traveling outside in the near future, but I want to fill the form out just in case. What do you think I should write in those boxes in this case?
Thank you,

Interview date scheduled

We have our Intervew date as 17th Dec, so not long to go!

On the letter it lists the documents to take as follows:

- This Letter
- Passports, birth certificates, original winning notification
- Plus if arrested (anywhere in the world) officers reports etc (doesnt apply)

We will take originals of High Scool Diploma, Financial information etc, but don't they normally ask for these too on the interview letter? Following others advice, we will take more than we need anyhow.

Interview

Congrats, Orlando!

Now that two people have their interview appointments, I'm feeling confident that mine is not too far off as well.

We have our Intervew date as 17th Dec, so not long to go!

On the letter it lists the documents to take as follows:

- This Letter
- Passports, birth certificates, original winning notification
- Plus if arrested (anywhere in the world) officers reports etc (doesnt apply)

We will take originals of High Scool Diploma, Financial information etc, but don't they normally ask for these too on the interview letter? Following others advice, we will take more than we need anyhow.

Congratulations and GOOD LUCK! I will also take with me to the interview all the original documents. When I was checking my case status online yesterday, I saw that my EAD card was ordered and should arrive within 30 days( the status online was updated 1 day after my biometrics). Yay! My I-485 status didn't change ( shows pending).

Advice needed - is this normal, I have recieved our NOA's, but three is nothing about bimetrics or an interview appointment or anything, its just like a reciept. Is this right??