• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV2008--AOS only

Advice needed - is this normal, I have recieved our NOA's, but three is nothing about bimetrics or an interview appointment or anything, its just like a reciept. Is this right??

Well that's right. You will get NOA which is a receipt notice of your document. Next they will send you the biometrics date... In fact they might have mentioned that they will be sending the finger print notice next in the NOA that you have received.

We have our Intervew date as 17th Dec, so not long to go!

On the letter it lists the documents to take as follows:

- This Letter
- Passports, birth certificates, original winning notification
- Plus if arrested (anywhere in the world) officers reports etc (doesnt apply)

We will take originals of High Scool Diploma, Financial information etc, but don't they normally ask for these too on the interview letter? Following others advice, we will take more than we need anyhow.

Congrats Orlando... Please share your interview experience once you are done. I am still waiting for my interview letter.

By the way is there anyway to find out about whether the name check has been completed or not without taking infopass and visiting local USCIS office.
Actually my local office is 4 and half hours drive and I am not in a position to drive that much just to find out whether the name check has been completed or not. If there is any other way, please let me know

Hello to all.
I sent my 375$ (cashier check), a filled out sheet from the package we all received, and a self addressed envelope on Friday, bound for address listed (US DOS, P.O. box ...., Pittsburgh, PA 15219-0001; I don't have the P.O. box # handy right now). I sent it by US mail EXpress service and it arrived yesterday....I can track this sort of shipment, so I checked at usps.com and it says that it was delivered PITTSBURGH, PA 15219 to 5OO FIRST PNC BANK and signed on delivery by M BANK !? What in the world is going on here, I thought I was sending it to department of state, not to PNC bank. Can someone please help me with this, and tell me if this is regular procedure.
Thanks !
Cheers
Nebo

That is correct. M Bank is handling that for DoS. When I sent it via USPS Express mail, USPS officer called me and told me that they had not accepted my mail, and he asked me if the address were correct. I called KCC, they told me address was correct and they did not have any such complains before. I told this to USPS officer, and insisted that address were correct. Then he called me two more times. Finally, he said he had found the supervisor and then they accepted the mail. It was stupid and frustrating. Anyhow, because of all this headache, I know M Bank is where this is handled. Don't worry.

Question for those people who did biometrics as walk-in's: did you wait until you had your biometrics letter, or did you go before that when you just had your NOA?

Hey people,
someone should help me out too,
it has been 3 weeks since i got my NOA and still have not heard anything from them again, my numeber was current in october so i sent every thing in october!
should i continue waiting or do i have to book an appointment for my fbiometrics myself??

Hi!!!
My number was current in October and I sent my AOS package on November 15th. I hope everything goes well! Good luck to everyone!!!

Here is my chronological experience:
03/14/07 NL received 2008SA00000XXX
03/29/07 Forms sent to KCC
06/08/07 2nd. NL received
07/11/07 DV fee paid
07/17/07 Receipt DV fee
09/22/07 Medical examinations
OCTOBER Number current
11/15/07 AOS package sent to Chicago lockbox

Interview appointment received

It was dated November 16th. The interview will be on November 30th. They asked me to bring all originals + 3 years of tax returns.

Wish me luck! :)

missing NOA and case number at USCIS web site

Last week we got NOA for most of the forms we submitted, and with the case numbers I opened an account at USCIS to track out case.
I am worried about a few things and would like your guidance:
1. We did not recieve NOA letter for my daughters AP form (the rest of the family got it).
2. When entering our case numbers to USCIS site, the I-485 of the kids are failing with following message:
"Attempting to add a case that does not exist. Check the app receipt number."

Any idea what I should do next?

My youngest daughters NOA came around a week after the rest of us.

It can take 3-4 weeks for the online case status to be added after you receive your NOA's as they have a large backlog at present (although it's not usaully that long).

See http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/us...toid=82b06a9fec745110VgnVCM1000004718190aRCRD

Last week we got NOA for most of the forms we submitted, and with the case numbers I opened an account at USCIS to track out case.
I am worried about a few things and would like your guidance:
1. We did not recieve NOA letter for my daughters AP form (the rest of the family got it).
2. When entering our case numbers to USCIS site, the I-485 of the kids are failing with following message:
"Attempting to add a case that does not exist. Check the app receipt number."

Any idea what I should do next?

All: I need to do my fingerprint as a walk-in, our appointment letters came and its on a day when we have exams. Did you take an infopass for this? If so, what option did you select?

Bellabum: it took about 4 days for our case number to go up online.

Biometrics for under age 14?

For some reason we have just received Biometric appointments for our 4 kids who are all under age 14.

One has Code 3 (age 13) and the others have Code 2.

Is this normal, as I didn't think they needed biometrics. Or is it just that they don't pay for them?

I'll call the service center in the week to check, but just wondered if anyone else on here had received apointments for children.

Depending on whether I can get a response from the Orlando USCIS, I'll be taking my children in for a 'walk in' this Saturday coming rather than waiting for their scheduled biometrics appointment, sice the date they have been booked in is only just before our interview date.

I'll let you know how I get on. I'm just going to turn up with the kids, plus their appointment letters and explain that I would like to have them done sooner so as to have chance for them to be processed before the interview.

I'm sure I recall other threads on here from people who have done walk-ins like this with no Infopass booked. In my case, in Orlando, the biometrics are not even done at the service center - they have a seperate 'support unit' to do this, so an Infopass would probably not help.

orlando - no idea, sorry, I don't have kids.

does ANYONE have a response for the walk-in biometrics query I wrote above?

Stressedstudent - you were right. We got the missing NOA on Sat.
Now I am waiting for the website to update the missing applications.

All: I need to do my fingerprint as a walk-in, our appointment letters came and its on a day when we have exams. Did you take an infopass for this? If so, what option did you select?

Bellabum: it took about 4 days for our case number to go up online.

Case status online

For those who check your case status online: Did your I485 case status changed after the fingerprinting? Mine didn't. It still shows biometrics fee accepted and case pending. Is it supposed to change if the name check is cleared? :confused:

I don't think it will change from that until you have had your interview and been approved / denied / asked for more info.

For those who check your case status online: Did your I485 case status changed after the fingerprinting? Mine didn't. It still shows biometrics fee accepted and case pending. Is it supposed to change if the name check is cleared? :confused:

I don't think it will change from that until you have had your interview and been approved / denied / asked for more info.

Thank you, orlandovillas! I have an infopass tomorrow and hope to find out that my name +background checks are cleared:eek: