• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV2008--AOS only

still didn't get receipt from DoS:(
do you think I should call them?it's almost a month now :(:(

got the NOA

Hi:

I got the NOA today (22nd of Oct). I sent the 485 at Chicago on the 3rd, got there on the 6th. The Notice Date on NOA is 18th.

Dan

Mine was delivered to them on 1st Oct, and I received the NOA the other day. Also, according to the USCIS website there are big delays (up to several weeks for certain NOAs) due to sudden increased workload.

The quote below is from USCIS, posted a few days ago:

"Typically, customers should receive receipt notices within 2 weeks of USCIS receiving their applications. The receipt delay may cause this to take up to 15 weeks for customers to receive receipt notices. USCIS continues to monitor the current intake of applications and will identify application processing dates on its website. "

Thanks orlandovillas

I got my NOA yesterday (oct 22), and was dated Oct. 18th. I noticed that on the NOA my middle name is not included and also there is no mentioning of DV number ( is it supposed to be there?). I received 1 NOA for the I-485 and 1 for EAD.

Thanks orlandovillas

I got my NOA yesterday (oct 22), and was dated Oct. 18th. I noticed that on the NOA my middle name is not included and also there is no mentioning of DV number ( is it supposed to be there?). I received 1 NOA for the I-485 and 1 for EAD.

I don't think your case number should be on the NOA (ours wasnt anyhow).

Do you have a spouse? If so, I'm interested to know when your biometrics come through whether your spouse is mentioned. My wife (the winner) has a biometrics appointment but I have not received one, and wonder if I should.

I have decided to go for COS. What do I do now?

Hi everyone,

My number is under 600, it becomes active this Nov 1st 2007
I am with a F1 (OPT) right now and dont want to go back to my country and apply from there.

1. Do I have to send my 2 forms to Kentucky?
2. How do I tell them that I am choosing to go for COS?
3. Do I need to go to the USCIS office if I am sending the forms to Kentucky?
4. I understand that I need to send only copies of my documents, right?
5. How long would it take to have a response from Kentucky?
6. Do I send my forms to Kentucky via DHL/UPS? Does it matter?
7. Am I forgetting to do something else besides sending the forms?

Thanks in advance for your help.

------------------------------------
Received Letter - Mar2007 :D
Went to USCIS - Mar2007/they dont know anything :(
Went again to USCIS - Sept2007 nothing :(
Dont know what to do - Oct2007 :confused:

Hi:

I had the same issue. This is what you have to do:

1. Send the forms back to the KCC (actually you have to send them only the dsp122 - last page) and a cover letter saying that you want to do the AOS (adjustment of status) from US. They should send you a second letter saying that you are eligible, since you have high school done, college etc.

2. Send the 375$ per person certified check or money order to the Pittsburg, Pensylvania address on page 6 with page 7 from the English form that you got (it is at the chapter if you do the Change of Status within US). Mention the DV case number on the check!!! They should send you a receipt about that.

3. Complete the forms I485, I765 (employment authorization) and I131 (travel documents) and send them in an envelope with a red dot on it (on the corner of the envelope) to the Chicago office. Besides these forms, you have to put a 1010$ ceck which is the processing fee and other documents particular for each form. In about 2-3 weeks since you sent this you should receive a Notice of Action, case number and Fingerprint & Photo appointment at the closest USCIS office.

4. Do the medical check I693.

I went thru the same think, it took me like 2 weeks to figure out what to send where...

All the info above I got by calling the KCC number (606-xxxxxxxxx) from the letter. They explained me what to do. If you have further questions, ask me or call the KCC consulate.

Hope this helps,
Dan

PS At this point, send only copies, not the originals at all the documents. You will bring the originals at the Interview you will go at the USCIS office.

Hi everyone,

My number is under 600, it becomes active this Nov 1st 2007
I am with a F1 (OPT) right now and dont want to go back to my country and apply from there.

1. Do I have to send my 2 forms to Kentucky?
2. How do I tell them that I am choosing to go for COS?
3. Do I need to go to the USCIS office if I am sending the forms to Kentucky?
4. I understand that I need to send only copies of my documents, right?
5. How long would it take to have a response from Kentucky?
6. Do I send my forms to Kentucky via DHL/UPS? Does it matter?
7. Am I forgetting to do something else besides sending the forms?

Thanks in advance for your help.

------------------------------------
Received Letter - Mar2007 :D
Went to USCIS - Mar2007/they dont know anything :(
Went again to USCIS - Sept2007 nothing :(
Dont know what to do - Oct2007 :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you have a spouse? If so, I'm interested to know when your biometrics come through whether your spouse is mentioned. My wife (the winner) has a biometrics appointment but I have not received one, and wonder if I should.[/QUOTE]

I'm single, and I haven't received the biometrics appointment yet. Just the NOA. I assume that you have to do the biometrics at the same time with your wife. If I were you I'd call USCIS to clarify the situation. I just talked to them regarding my middle name and they made the change over the phone. They can probably add your name to the NOA.

Thanks - I did call USCIS the other day, but they just said I should have to do biometrics, but would usually get my own letter. They said if not then to go with my wife and see if they let me in (as my name is not on the appointment). I'm more concerned that they also returned my $80 biometrics payment I included with my form, saying this is not necessary. On the phone they were unable to explain why the fee was not necessary.

Do you have a spouse? If so, I'm interested to know when your biometrics come through whether your spouse is mentioned. My wife (the winner) has a biometrics appointment but I have not received one, and wonder if I should.

I'm single, and I haven't received the biometrics appointment yet. Just the NOA. I assume that you have to do the biometrics at the same time with your wife. If I were you I'd call USCIS to clarify the situation. I just talked to them regarding my middle name and they made the change over the phone. They can probably add your name to the NOA.[/QUOTE]

10/1/07 - USPS AOS package to Chicago
10/3/07 - Delivered AOS package
10/10/07 - Check cashed
10/13/07 - NOA Received (Dated Oct 10th)
10/17/07 - Biometrics Letter - Appointment 11/02
10/24/07 - Biometrics done

Waiting for interview..

Does anyone have idea what type of questions do they ask in interview? Or do they always call for interview if you are doing AOS through DV or they may also approve AOS without calling for interview ?

Hi all,

I mailed my AOS package via FedEx on Oct. 3rd and it was received on Oct. 4th. My number is EU3XXX.
I have not received NOA and the checks have not been cashed as of Friday, Oct. 26th.

Any similar experiences? I am getting worried.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
10/1/07 - USPS AOS package to Chicago
10/3/07 - Delivered AOS package
10/10/07 - Check cashed
10/13/07 - NOA Received (Dated Oct 10th)
10/17/07 - Biometrics Letter - Appointment 11/02
10/24/07 - Biometrics done

Waiting for interview..

Does anyone have idea what type of questions do they ask in interview? Or do they always call for interview if you are doing AOS through DV or they may also approve AOS without calling for interview ?

I got my Biometrics app. for Nov. 14th. Did you reschedule your app., or you just walked in? I was wondering if I can do my Biometrics earlier, since I have to take an exam on the 14th.

Carolyn received her biometrics appointment on 18th Oct (for 3rd Nov - this Saturday). yesterday she received a second appointment, on a different letterhead, for fingerprints on 8th November.

I thought the biomentrics included the fingerprints, so confused as to why the second letter.

And I (as spouse) still have not received an appointment letter for my biometrics.

Carolyn received her biometrics appointment on 18th Oct (for 3rd Nov - this Saturday). yesterday she received a second appointment, on a different letterhead, for fingerprints on 8th November.

I thought the biomentrics included the fingerprints, so confused as to why the second letter.

And I (as spouse) still have not received an appointment letter for my biometrics.

:confused: Maybe 1 is for I-485 and the other for I-765. I have to do both on Nov.14th. You might want to call them soon.

osaa and the others, how long did it take for you to receive the receipt from DoS? I didn't get anything from them yet after 25 days :(

For those of you who have submitted your docs, can you outline what you included, the way you put the packet together (esp for marrieds) and what your cover letter said? So many documents!!

I got my Biometrics app. for Nov. 14th. Did you reschedule your app., or you just walked in? I was wondering if I can do my Biometrics earlier, since I have to take an exam on the 14th.

I didn't reschedule but I just walked in and requested them with a valid reason. They told me that "normally we don't agree but with your case, we will do that". So we did our biometrics on that day..

For those of you who have submitted your docs, can you outline what you included, the way you put the packet together (esp for marrieds) and what your cover letter said? So many documents!!

I received a checklist for I-485 Adjustment of Status Package for DV-Lottery Winner when I went to the local USCIS office. I am copying the same here so that it will be easy for all those who have not sent their document yet.

1. I-485 fee
2. I-765 (Optional)
3. 2 Photos if no temporary resident card needed at time of approval or 4 photos if temporary resident card needed at time of approval

ATTACH TO I-485 IN THE FOLLOWING ORDER:

1. I-693, Medical Examination of Aliens seeking AOS
2. Photocopy of your govt. issued birth certificate. If in foreign language, include full english translation
3. Photocopy of your govt. issued marraige certificate. If in foreign language, include full english translation
4. Evidence of required education or work experience. If in foreign language, include full english translation
5. Letter of employment or evidence of financial support or I-864, Affidavit of Support (eg. letter from employer and last year income tax return)
6. Photocopy of your entire passport and documentation showing current status in US
7. Proof of maintaining valid status while in US. (eg. I-797, I-20A/B or I-20M/N, I-94 etc)
8. If applicable, certified copies of police certificates, court or prison records and military records from your home country. If in foreign language, include full english translation
9. A completed and signed Form G-325 A (Not required for those age 14 and under or those over age 79)
10. Photocopy of diversity-immigrant visa approval notice from National Visa Center
11. A photocopy of receipt showing payment of Department of State Diversity Immigration processing fee must be submitted at time of interview
12. I-765, Applicaton for Employment Authorization - Fill out and submit this form only if applying for employment.

This is checklist that I followed when I submitted the document for myself and my wife. Hope this will help others. In my case, I made two separate files one for myself and one for my wife and kept both the files in the same envelope and sent to Chicago address. I havent made any cover letter.