• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV2008--AOS only

What does everyone think about this for demonstrating no public charge:

Husband (winner):
- bank statment (joint account) with $35,000
- letter from PhD program stating stipend support of $31,000 per year for four years (from 2006-2010)
- letter from professor stating there is a shortage of professors in his discipline and there is a 100% employment rate of graduates from his school with an average salary of $X

Me:
- job offer for August 2008 (after finished studying for US degree) with salary stated

Do you think that we need:
(1) to do anything more for my finances??
(2) put a tax return for my husband in from 2006-2007 (remembering it is only a half year of money so doesn't look as good).

Any advice is greatly appreciated!
Damn, what's your degree, that's quite impressive to have offer letter a year ahead. :)

Hi Everyone
Could you please tell me how much money I should show to the embassy if I show only my own funds.(For myself,wife and my 4months old son)
Thanks in advance for the reply.

stressedstudent, we have a half of your money in the bank, no job offers and we're working hard to finish our PhDs next year. after I read your post, I got worried that we might not get the green card because of money issues. but if I think again, I realize that is impossible for a PhD student that is paid with $30,000/year, who pays rent and food with no help from outside, who teaches and do research 24/7 to have a lot of money and also have time to apply for jobs. So I don't think the expectations are so high for us as grad students. In conclusion, I'll say you're perfectly fine, above the average and you should not be worried about money issues at all :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone received NOA yet? USCIS received my package on the 3rd. I'm checking my mailbox anxiously everyday and there's no NOA :(

Looking at other posts on here it seems to take around 3 weeks from receipt of your application to banking of the checks, then a few more days for the NOA letter to arrive. My 485 form arrived at Chicago on 1st Oct, so another week or so for me I expect until my checks are banked. I'll update my sig on here once checks are banked.

Checks cashed!

-------
April received NL
April sent dsp122
June received reply from KCC
September Medicals done
September DV fee to DOS
October 1 AOS to chicago lockbox
October 13 checks cashed! :)

EU200800007XX

If you do AOS from US, do you have to send the dsp122 form to the visa lottery from Kentucky back? I am on F1 status, send the AOS with 1010$ cashier check to Chicago 2 weeks ago and also the $375 cashier check to pittsburg, PA.
I did not sent the dsp122 for to Kentucky. Was that mandatory? I called the Kentucky office with my case no and they told me just to send the 375$ to pittsburg + 1010$ with AOS to Chicago. What is the dsp122 needed for in this case, if you do AOS from US?

Thanks,
Dan

dsp122

I sent it to KCC because I was following the instructions in their notification letter. However, after reading some posts in this forum, I think it's not necessary.

Congratulations on your NOA! :)

Odd that checks not cashed yet though, especially since my payments to them for my L1 Extension showed up well before NOA received.

Next wait now is for the Biometrics appointment letter.

I sent it to KCC because I was following the instructions in their notification letter. However, after reading some posts in this forum, I think it's not necessary.

Congratulations on your NOA! :)

I sent the fee to DoS on the first of the month and didn't get the receipt yet. Even though I know they got the envelope on Oct 3. Do you think it can be a problem? How long did it take for you? I'm so worried...

Just checked my mailbox and got my NOA!

Does your receipt number start with MSC? I went to https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/jsps/index.jsp and typed in my receipt number without the dashes and it couldn't find my case. hmm....

And that number that starts with "A", next to applicant. Is that my new Alien number?

What's ASC Code: 3?

Yes, mine starts MSC and also can not be found on the USCIS site (whether you enter the dashes or not) so I'm sure it's OK. Not sure about the "A" number.

I sent the fee to DoS on the first of the month and didn't get the receipt yet. Even though I know they got the envelope on Oct 3. Do you think it can be a problem? How long did it take for you? I'm so worried...

From when they received my payment to the checks being cashed was around 18 days, then the receipt arrived around 3 days after that, so I'm sure it's fine.

NOA Receipt number not found on USCIS site

Has anyone else got a NOA yet, and tried to enter their receipt number (starting 'msc') on to the USCIS website?

Mine still comes up with 'case number not found'. I've entered it in the correct format without the dashes.

Carolyn received her Biometrics appointment letter today (for 3rd November in Orlando). As I am her spouse I assume I am to go with her to have mine done as well (the kids are all under 14 so they dont need biometrics).

Nowhere on the letter does it state that anyone other that Carolyn should attend (no-one elses name apprears on the letter). Does anyone know if this is this correct?

Appointment Notice: Biometrics

Received biometrics appointment letter today!! It is scheduled for November 1st at San Jose service center.

I'm getting a little worried because I haven't receveid the NOA yet. My package was delivered on Oct. 6th :confused: Good luck with your biometrics.

Mine was delivered to them on 1st Oct, and I received the NOA the other day. Also, according to the USCIS website there are big delays (up to several weeks for certain NOAs) due to sudden increased workload.

The quote below is from USCIS, posted a few days ago:

"Typically, customers should receive receipt notices within 2 weeks of USCIS receiving their applications. The receipt delay may cause this to take up to 15 weeks for customers to receive receipt notices. USCIS continues to monitor the current intake of applications and will identify application processing dates on its website. "

I'm getting a little worried because I haven't receveid the NOA yet. My package was delivered on Oct. 6th :confused: Good luck with your biometrics.