• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV2008--AOS only

Hi people,
the day has finally arrived!!

can anyone please give me a link to or a list of the forms and papers that i am to send. do i send them to local uscis address or the chicago box? am i suppose to send any thing to the chicago box at all? i am in NC and doing aos. my number is current from today so i need help asap!! I have filled some forms and made some copies.

do i need to fill a work authorization form I765? i am a student and not working yet. thank you
God help us all.

Check this out http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=251543&page=3
PTA posted a message about it, also on page 2 of this topic I posted something like this. You need to send the package to Chicago, read the notification letter, it's written there. This link might be helpful also http://www.immihelp.com/greencard/adjustmentofstatus/application.html
Good luck and keep us posted,

hi,
can anyone please tell me the school documents that i need to includ in my package that i'll send to chicago? my number is due this month, F1 student doing a masters.
thanks.

Osaa - you are only required to submit your high school diploma, however I am also submitting my degrees because they evidence that I will be unlikely to become a public charge (because of post-secondary education etc), as well as affirm that I do indeed reach the minimum educational standards.

HI Stressedstudent,
thanks, i will submitt my BSc certificate and....well, i was thinking my I20 was enough to show that i am a master's student. help me out

HI Stressedstudent,
thanks, i will submitt my BSc certificate and....well, i was thinking my I20 was enough to show that i am a master's student. help me out

yes, the i20 should be enough. you can also ask the department or your adviser to write a letter for you about your masters program: how much money you make, if you teach or do research, etc.

hi,
can anyone please tell me the school documents that i need to includ in my package that i'll send to chicago? my number is due this month, F1 student doing a masters.
thanks.

I also included my college degree and an enrollment letter(that you can get from registration office). It shows that you are enrolled for the current semester.

yup - I am submitting (re school anyway):
- I-20
- certified copies of degrees
- a resume (probably - just a thought, could be an extra good thing to show I will never become a public charge)
- enrollment certification certificate
- letter from school stating in good status and how much stipend and tution support and well as TA/RA money

hey thanks.
I got my enrollment certification from my school today and will send my package tomorrow. you have been so helpful.

one last thing, I send a money order of $1010 to US department of state for aos and there is no fee for my I765 because i am filing it concurrently with form I485....right?? I just checked on the uscis.gov website and that was what it said.

ok, so i send all the forms to the chicago box? and I should expect to hear from my local uscis?

thanks and please wish me luck!

hey thanks.
I got my enrollment certification from my school today and will send my package tomorrow. you have been so helpful.

one last thing, I send a money order of $1010 to US department of state for aos and there is no fee for my I765 because i am filing it concurrently with form I485....right?? I just checked on the uscis.gov website and that was
what it said.

ok, so i send all the forms to the chicago box? and I should expect to hear from my local uscis?

thanks and please wish me luck!

I sent a money order for $1,010 since on the I-485 instructions page it says that EAD and AP are also included. I believe this is the right fee. I haven't received anything back from USCIS yet.
Good Luck!!!

Osaa and PTA, did you put your DV case number on money order? And which adress (for department of state) did you use on money order?

Thank you

2 or 4 pics?

For those of you who already sent the AOS, how many photos did you include? I only sent 2 and I believe I should've sent 4 because I'm applying for EAD also. Any advice:confused:

Osaa and PTA, did you put your DV case number on money order? And which adress (for department of state) did you use on money order?

Thank you

You should include your DV # on the money order and sent it to the DOS address that is on your notification letter. Don't forget to include a self addressed stamped envelope and the little slip.

I thought that we should send 1010$ to Chicago together with application because they mention in I-485 ''Any application that is not signed or is not accompanied by the correct application fee will be rejected''

I thought that we should send 1010$ to Chicago together with application because they mention in I-485 ''Any application that is not signed or is not accompanied by the correct application fee will be rejected''

I thought you were talking about the 375$ DV fee that we need to send to Dep.of State. The AOS fee is $1,010( I included my DV # on the money order) and you need to send together with your package to: P.O box 805887
Chicogo, IL 60680-4120

Last edited by a moderator:
Received NOA yet?

Has anyone received NOA yet? USCIS received my package on the 3rd. I'm checking my mailbox anxiously everyday and there's no NOA :(

How to make sure I filled the forms correctly?

Everything is (almost) ready and I am wandering if there are filled copies of the forms we are suppose to submit (485, EAD, AP, etc) somewhere in this forum.

Also, if we file for four, do I need 1 money order for the sum of $4040 or four money orders, each $1010?

AP while on L1/L2 visa

We are on L1/ L2 visas.
Do I have to submit AP or can I leave and return safely base on the visa I have?

What does everyone think about this for demonstrating no public charge:

Husband (winner):
- bank statment (joint account) with $35,000
- letter from PhD program stating stipend support of $31,000 per year for four years (from 2006-2010)
- letter from professor stating there is a shortage of professors in his discipline and there is a 100% employment rate of graduates from his school with an average salary of $X

Me:
- job offer for August 2008 (after finished studying for US degree) with salary stated

Do you think that we need:
(1) to do anything more for my finances??
(2) put a tax return for my husband in from 2006-2007 (remembering it is only a half year of money so doesn't look as good).

Any advice is greatly appreciated!