• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV2008--AOS only

ok thanks a lot,

another thing is, I am a nigerian but,we are living in the EU. How much are we going to pay on the appointment day?

ok thanks a lot,

another thing is, I am a nigerian but,we are living in the EU. How much are we going to pay on the appointment day?

Am sorry, don't know anythin about CP. U might wanna e-mail the embassy or something. I think all that info was on the NL

PTA, how did you pay the DV fee? Did you use a personal check?Thanks,

Ruxy,
I had sent a postal money order because that's what the instructions said. I think you would be o.k by sending a personal check also; many people from this forum did it.

PTA - what does the receipt looks like?
I got a copy of the page I sent them (my contact info and case number) with a stamp saying - Paid / date.
Did you get something else in addition to that?

That's how my receipt looks like.

hi PTA,
thanks for the info. i am so confused now, i just realized there is no number to call them on i checked the web and there is no link to that address.

did anyone send their $375 to
US department of state,
Diversity visa program.
p.o. box 371989,
pittsburgh, pa 15262
???

as stated on page 6 of the letter to dv applicants -2008?
who can i call now? please help!!

You could try calling KCC. They are always very helpful.

On Monday, I plan to send my payment to US Depart of State, but I want to be sure that what I plan to do is right. So...for those that already had paid and got the receipt, please let me know if my understanding is correct:
1. I fill out the form from the notification letter
2. For my husband and I, I pay $750
3. I can use either a money order or a personal check
4. I include a self-addressed envelope
5. I write my case number on the check
I hope this is all. Please let me know if you did the same things or if something is missing. Thanks!!

Ruxy - although some people here sucessfully used personal checks, KCC told me it had to be a cahsier's check or postal money order. I used a cashier's check and had them put the case number and case name on the check. I also sent it UPS express so I could track it and have a send receipt. Also, I took copies of the check and form and scanned them into my computer so if there was any issue I could email them as an attachment to KCC.

Hope this helps!

We've just posted our AOS package to the Chigaco via Fedex. Expected to arrive Monday 1st October by noon. Now we just have to wait again!

Ruxy
How do you figure out it is time to take the medical exam? Did someone notify you or you just pretty much looking at your case number and calculate approximately when your number is up? Sorry if the question sounds dumb :)

3 months ago, I had the medical exam for my husband's green card (sponsored by his company), I guess i have to take it again with my dv (minus the vaccines because we have the vaccines card now)...sigh

TIA

TIA, no one tells me when to take the medical exam, I know it's valid for 1 year and I also know that my number will be current in December, so I decided to have it at the end of October.

Thanks! I guess I have to keep a note in my diary :)
In the meantime I should just really gather all my docs, based on dv 2007, my number seems up around May.

I sent the payment for the Depart of State today. I'm kind of nervous now, I feel that the process started for me even if my number is not current yet.
Good luck to everyone!!

I know exactly how you feel. I made payment mid last month and I was nervous too. I kept thinking that there's no turn back now he..he..

Lets keep posted on how we goes..ruxy, especially since your number will be up before me ;-)

I sent the payment for the Depart of State today. I'm kind of nervous now, I feel that the process started for me even if my number is not current yet.
Good luck to everyone!!

Good luck! I sent my AOS package to Chicago p.o box today. From now on, I'm waiting...

How exciting for all those who have sent their packages! I am starting to prepare mine to send on November 1. Spent 2 houtsd last night looking for our high school diplomas and found them in very strange places!

Hi people,
the day has finally arrived!!

can anyone please give me a link to or a list of the forms and papers that i am to send. do i send them to local uscis address or the chicago box? am i suppose to send any thing to the chicago box at all? i am in NC and doing aos. my number is current from today so i need help asap!! I have filled some forms and made some copies.

do i need to fill a work authorization form I765? i am a student and not working yet. thank you
God help us all.

Ruxy - although some people here sucessfully used personal checks, KCC told me it had to be a cahsier's check or postal money order. I used a cashier's check and had them put the case number and case name on the check. I also sent it UPS express so I could track it and have a send receipt. Also, I took copies of the check and form and scanned them into my computer so if there was any issue I could email them as an attachment to KCC.

Hope this helps!

Are you Australian stressedstudent? Whereabout do you reside at the moment? Your case number is extremely low!