• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV2008--AOS only

Thank you guys.
I'm going to get records from US police only, we'll see how it works. If during the interview officer will ask for my home country records, well then I'm in trouble. Hopefully I'd be able to get them till Sep 30 in that case.

Fjelltronen, I don't think my namecheck had been completed when USCIS sent me interview invitation. Interview invitation from Feb 29 and exactly that day I had infopass where officer said me my case is namecheck pending.
I'm really hope it would be completed till the inteview, but who knows.

My Update!

Situation: Waiting for my interview to be scheduled. I had called USCIS few weeks earlier and they had verified that by background check was clear.

I had an infopass appointment last friday. To summarize, I think the outcome wasn't as productive as I hoped it would be, but I think it did put my mind to rest a little.

First the local office (Milwaukee, WI) was well aware of the fact that the decision has to be made by Sept 30th 2008 for DV cases. Just hearing that was a huge relief for me. The offier there wasn't able to give me much info other than that our case was being 'Reviewed' and that it was being handled by the DV Officer (someone who apparently has handled DV cases before). Another sigh of relief! For some reason I am beginning to think that 'under review' translates to 'we have no clue really' in the system but that is another story.

When I asked when is the likelihood of the interview being scheduled and she said she could not say. She also did not see any RFEs. She went on to say that because of the 15 min time limitation of the infopass, she could not do the research properly in the system. I could sense that she was trying to help but for some reason she wan't able to pull the info out of the system. Anyways she suggested that if we dont hear from them soon, make another infopass (for me & my wife so that the person has at least half an hour to research the issue).

I will make an infopass if I dont hear from USCIS in a few weeks time. Its a 5 hour drive :(

I will keep you updated of any progress.

MikeM, my friend also received his interview letter with similar box checked off for arrest records, no he does not have criminal history before either. But he already has police certificates obtained from previous countries of residence. They make it seem like more 'optional' for AOS but it seems many people are asked for it, personally I think they should be more honest in instructions that it is better to get these early in case. I think you should consider to try now to get those documents - can the embassy here help you at all? Even something faxed or emailed?

thank you all for your answers :)

The money is a problem, but if I cant get my fee back from the DS, well so be it... :( I am more concerned by the time constraint to conclude the adjustment.... I contacted the KCC, they said I can still change my decision & send back the DS 230 & DSP 122 to say that this time I want to go to an embassy instead of adjusting status. So I think Ill do that since it is faster (and m y visa number is already current...).
--> If I do that, will I have to deal again with USCIS ? will I have to send them any documents or the next step will only be the interview in my embassy ?
--> How long does it typically take between the answer of KCC and the day they call to schedule the interview ?

Tahnk you again !...

MikeM, my friend also received his interview letter with similar box checked off for arrest records, no he does not have criminal history before either. But he already has police certificates obtained from previous countries of residence. They make it seem like more 'optional' for AOS but it seems many people are asked for it, personally I think they should be more honest in instructions that it is better to get these early in case. I think you should consider to try now to get those documents - can the embassy here help you at all? Even something faxed or emailed?

I'm going to try with US certificate only, anyway it's unrealistic to get one from the embassy during next 2 weeks till interview. If I would be unlucky, then of course I'll request certificate via embassy, but it require up to 6 months :(

Hello,
I sw on other threads of this forum that you should send your application for I 485 only once your visa number is current, otherwise you are disqualified, can you pls confirm ?
Thank you !

Hello,
I sw on other threads of this forum that you should send your application for I 485 only once your visa number is current, otherwise you are disqualified, can you pls confirm ?
Thank you !

We've had someone on this forum who sent his forms when his number wasn't even current but his application was approved. i've been to my local USCIS office and i was told that to be on a safe side, u need to send in the forms when ur number becomes current. Say visa bulletin comes out today and u are current in May, u can practically send in ur forms today and you will not be denied as they can see that your number will be current in May but should u send in ur form now when u have a very high number that probably won't be current until august or september, it would probably be denied.

AOS for F-1 visa in the United States

Hi everyone,
I'm one of the new members with many questions. I was wonderig if any of you could help me. My # has been current since Feb. I sent my I-485 and other documents that they need to USCIS almost 3 weeks ago. I haven't recieved any thing from them yet about my interview or........
Can you guys tell me how long I should wait? Or can any of you estimate when my interview is gonna be/
Thank you very much.
Pegah

Hi everyone,
I'm one of the new members with many questions. I was wonderig if any of you could help me. My # has been current since Feb. I sent my I-485 and other documents that they need to USCIS almost 3 weeks ago. I haven't recieved any thing from them yet about my interview or........
Can you guys tell me how long I should wait? Or can any of you estimate when my interview is gonna be/
Thank you very much.
Pegah

You should be receiving NC from USCIS in the next wk or so. Has ur check been cashed?

Hi everyone,
Thank you very much.
Pegah
Mine was the same situation, check was cashed yesterday after 35 days.
Hope yours will be soon.
When they received it? Mine was received on the 1st Feb.

interview letter

I gotta go to the bank and see if they cashed it or not....but they recieved my documents on Feb 23rd.
Did you get your interview letter since your check is cashed?
Pegah

Interview letter

Is there anybody whoes # has been current since Feb. , and has recieved his/her interview letter?
Thanks,
Pegah

hey guys,how do u know whether your check is chashed or not?I had send money order not personal check?Is there any way to find it?

Dv CP but filing I-485

Here is my case:I filled DV from Nepal and i got first letter when I was in Nepal.At the mean time I apply for Student visa.Nobody beleive that i would get student visa at that time but I got it.The first question for me was,"why don't you wait for DV?".I was nervous when she asked me this question.I didn't know that they have record of my Dv lottery.Then I came to US in August 2007.As i filled DSP 122 when I was in Nepal I should go for Consular process so I write CP in that form.But after comming to US I decided to change my decision and wanna go for AOS but when i called KCC they told me that the already release my second letter and then I request them to send it to my address and they send to my US address.But in the second letter I got,they mention that I have an ineterview in US embassy of Nepal in March 18.Then I was confused and went to a lawer.He told me that even I have interview in Nepal I can go for Adjustment as I am psysically present here and I am legal.Then on March 02 my document reached to Chicago lockbox and now I am waiting for NOA,I don't kno what will happen to my case.So if you guys have any idea about my case please directly mail me to lamsal_56@yahoo.com

Here is my case:I filled DV from Nepal and i got first letter when I was in Nepal.At the mean time I apply for Student visa.Nobody beleive that i would get student visa at that time but I got it.The first question for me was,"why don't you wait for DV?".I was nervous when she asked me this question.I didn't know that they have record of my Dv lottery.Then I came to US in August 2007.As i filled DSP 122 when I was in Nepal I should go for Consular process so I write CP in that form.But after comming to US I decided to change my decision and wanna go for AOS but when i called KCC they told me that the already release my second letter and then I request them to send it to my address and they send to my US address.But in the second letter I got,they mention that I have an ineterview in US embassy of Nepal in March 18.Then I was confused and went to a lawer.He told me that even I have interview in Nepal I can go for Adjustment as I am psysically present here and I am legal.Then on March 02 my document reached to Chicago lockbox and now I am waiting for NOA,I don't kno what will happen to my case.So if you guys have any idea about my case please directly mail me to lamsal_56@yahoo.com

Well, i guess KCC has sent already sent ur documents to Nepal already but just sit tight and see what happens.

update

I went yesterday to the local uscis office to see if my background check is complet. It isn't :(. She couldn't tell when it was submitted (i was hoping she'll tell me that it was sent two weeks ago when i went to ask about it the first time and they didn't find it, but she didn't give me any details :(). She suggested that i should go back in 2 and a half months if i don't hear anything in the meantime and they'll put my name again on the spreadsheet that they send to FBI. :confused: I really hope that won't have to be the case. I'm going to make another appointment in another 2-3 weeks and check again.

In the meantime, I can only wait :(

I gotta go to the bank and see if they cashed it or not....but they recieved my documents on Feb 23rd.
Did you get your interview letter since your check is cashed?
Pegah

Pegah61, the AOS processing is different than CP. It takes more time. If you look at the signatures of some of the users that post in this DV2008--AOS only thread, you'll see the AOS processing steps that everybody went through and the general timeline of all these events.

Paulcase's application arrived around 20 days before yours did, so you can use his case to estimate the timings of your processing steps. No two cases are identical, but just to approximate.

I know you're excited about being selected and the number being current, but you'll need a lot of patience to get this thing done.

Hope this helps,

Last edited by a moderator:
Interview letter

hi Paulcase,
I was wondering if you have recieved an interview letter since your check has been checked?
Pegah

Hi everybody,
Is there any body here whose name has been current since Feb., and has recieved his/her interview letter?
Thanks,
Pegah

Fjelltronen,
What do you mean here by background check ? What i did is submit police records from USA & FRance with my I485 aplication. Is there something else to do , as your message leads me to believe ?? if so, when does it need t obe done ?
thx