• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV2008--AOS only

Ours was received in Chicago on Dec 27 by Fedex, also no cheques cashed yet or receipt. I'm not convinced they are really current, what with the holidays.

Today my checks were cashed. 39 days since docs had been sent. Hopefully next steps will go faster and smoothly. Good lack to guys who still waiting.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello all,
Thanks to all for help.
Sent my package for AOS to Chicago Lockbox address using FedEx Express on December 31.
It was accepted on Jan 2nd in the morning.
Today is day six. Ceck not cashed yet.
Cheers
Nebo

How is everyone going? Any updates? This thread is very quiet!

Husband has taken an infopass for Friday to see whether his name check has cleared (it wil be about 60 days then). If not, we are putting together a petition for an expidited clearance based on the fact that I cannot take my job unless I am a PR (its a gov job).

I'm still waiting for my background check to complete too, but it's only been just over 30 days. If I recall correctly 90% of FBI checks are complete between 30-60 days, so hopefully I'm in that category.

I'm not in too much of a rush other than of course the end of September deadline. I do worry a little when I read other threads on this forum where people have been waiting several years!

How is everyone going? Any updates? This thread is very quiet!

Husband has taken an infopass for Friday to see whether his name check has cleared (it wil be about 60 days then). If not, we are putting together a petition for an expidited clearance based on the fact that I cannot take my job unless I am a PR (its a gov job).

I'm still waiting for my background check to complete too, but it's only been just over 30 days. If I recall correctly 90% of FBI checks are complete between 30-60 days, so hopefully I'm in that category.

I'm not in too much of a rush other than of course the end of September deadline. I do worry a little when I read other threads on this forum where people have been waiting several years!

it seems like it took approx. 3 months from the day u guys sent in ur AOS forms to the day ur received the GC except yours ofcourse.
Am really scared of doing AOS as my number will probably be current in April but definitely in May and i don't know if am going to have enough time for the whole process.
I will be so glad if my takes 3 months. I hope i don't get stuck in name check as i have a very unique last name. Its a name not even common in West Africa where am from.

Update: husband's name check is CLEAR! WOOHOOOO!

Now we just need to prepare for the interview.

Ruxy, I am getting concerned for you, is there anyone you can call to find out what is going on? Could you take an infopass just so that an officer can see how upset you are and maybe help you more in person?

That's great news. Did they tell you at the Infopass when it cleared (just wondered how long it actually took)?

Update: husband's name check is CLEAR! WOOHOOOO!

Now we just need to prepare for the interview.

Ruxy, I am getting concerned for you, is there anyone you can call to find out what is going on? Could you take an infopass just so that an officer can see how upset you are and maybe help you more in person?

Thanks. I'm planning on an Infopass maybe in a couple of weeks time. I'm assuming that once the check has cleared, the status (or at least the date of last update) online should change pretty quickly after that. Since I've already been interviewed I'm hoping once it does clear the CG will come through very shortly after.

My husband didn't ask, but by deduction, it took between 2 and 4 weeks (not very helpful, sorry). Have you taken an infopass to ask about your recently?

I'd say it's pretty normal for now. Looks like Chicago lockbox overloaded with I-130 cases that was moved from Vermont and California. Every time I called to USCIS recently they said that all service centers are extremely overloaded for now, and in spite of current receipting dates on USCIS page, huge delays (up to 90 days) quite possible. I've waited 39 days till checks were cashed. Today (42 days sinse docs sent) I still haven't received NOA. USCIS site not recognize my case numbers from check's back side.
So I really do recommend to everybody make CP if possible. Even not talking about name check, current delays could make you AOS quite nervous procedure and taking into account current AOS prices if compare with visa fees choise is obvious.

today it's the 34th day since they got my application and still no news...I don't even know what to do, I don't think an infopass can help (last time the officer that I spoke with knew less than I did), also I think it's too late to switch to CP:( I can't concentrate on anything, I only think about this, and what bothers me is that I can't do anything about it...

Hi Ruxy - take heart from MikeM's situation - his signature indicates that his package arrived 5 days before yours and his checks were cashed a couple of days ago. By the end of next week I bet you are in the system! I (and we all I think) understand your worry, you just got unlucky with timing and a number of events slowing processing down.

Keep positive and check your bank account at the end of next week!

today it's the 34th day since they got my application and still no news...I don't even know what to do, I don't think an infopass can help (last time the officer that I spoke with knew less than I did), also I think it's too late to switch to CP:( I can't concentrate on anything, I only think about this, and what bothers me is that I can't do anything about it...

I'm curious -- did you label the outside of your envelope as containing a Diversity I-485? Or was it unmarked?

USCIS says that Chicago is current for everything but I-130... I wonder how they are separating those out given that everything goes to the same address.

orangeandwhite, yes I did label the envelope
stressedstudent, thanks a lot for your replay...it's just hard to think positive at this point

Hello,

I did not label my package, and that is because it did not say in the istructions to do so. I think that for I-130, the details of the address are different. I also think that any other document to be sent to USCIS goes to its own designated mailbox. That is how they know which envelopes are I-485 and which are something else....

Today, it is day 9, and my check has not been cashed yest. I aleady prepared myself for worst case scenario and I do not expect to resolve this process before end of August. I do not need GC before then. Anything sooner will just be a wonderful surprise.

Cheers
Nebo

I'd say it's pretty normal for now. Looks like Chicago lockbox overloaded with I-130 cases that was moved from Vermont and California. Every time I called to USCIS recently they said that all service centers are extremely overloaded for now, and in spite of current receipting dates on USCIS page, huge delays (up to 90 days) quite possible. I've waited 39 days till checks were cashed. Today (42 days sinse docs sent) I still haven't received NOA. USCIS site not recognize my case numbers from check's back side.
So I really do recommend to everybody make CP if possible. Even not talking about name check, current delays could make you AOS quite nervous procedure and taking into account current AOS prices if compare with visa fees choise is obvious.

I got my NOA 2-3 weeks ago and the USCIS website still doesn't recognize my case number.

Hopefully, it won't take too much time for them to get back on track and process all the applications they receive in around 3 months.

Hello,

I did not label my package, and that is because it did not say in the istructions to do so. I think that for I-130, the details of the address are different. I also think that any other document to be sent to USCIS goes to its own designated mailbox. That is how they know which envelopes are I-485 and which are something else....

For what it's worth, the USCIS suggests you label the envelope with all sorts of stuff. They also have really particular suggestions on how to pack the envelope.