• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV winners, please read this first ! General Info

Nices and Nephew can be included in your DV application If and only IF you have legally adopted documents. Showing you have custody over these kids

Hi,

I have some questions. My CN is 2008EUxx15xxx and I have not received the 2nd NL yet. What I am interested is:

When should I approximately expect the 2nd NL and the interview, and
about the police/court and prison records: how close should the issue date of those documents be to the date of the interview? Should I obtain those documents now, or is it too early? Will I have enough time to do that after I receive the 2nt letter?

Could anyone please help me with these questions?

Thanks in advance for the answer

Hi I have two questions:

1. I currently live in the US and my number is high (EU233XX) as a result, I will do CP. Can I compete the medical exams here in the US and give the envelope to the embassy or should I have the medical exams at the local office?

2. I lived in Canada for more than one year. Currently, I am not living there. I assume I should get a police certificate from them. If someone has been in the same situation before, can you please let me know how can I get Canadian police records?

Best regards,

1. I currently live in the US and my number is high (EU233XX) as a result, I will do CP. Can I compete the medical exams here in the US and give the envelope to the embassy or should I have the medical exams at the local office?
You MUST do the medical in your home country.

Any advice is appreciated.

I have recieved the first NL back in March08 as a DV2009 winner.
Now, I'm in US with non restricted J1 visa.

I have filled out the forms and sent it back to KCC.
Also, according to the package that i have recieved, it was mentioned I have to send the fees soon.
So I sent also the fees to the address mentioend in the form.
Then after visiting many forums about the DV lottery, I discovered that I made a mistake by sending the forms and the fees so early.
I should have waited.
Am I right?

Also, can I contact the USICS to adjust my status or do I have to wait till I recieve the 2nd NL?

How can I check that i'm on current status online?
Many of you guys that i can check my status online, but I don't know how.

Any advice will be appreciated.
By the way my number is the 19xx range.
Thanks.

I got my DV2009 package on April 28th :) 2009AF00016XXX. I'm not sure how to respond to 21a. or 21b. on Form DS-230. I've never been to the US, so I am not sure if I have to take my family with me or I can go to the US first and my family would come after me.

Now If I say that my family would come later, but then later on decide that we all go together or vice versa, will that present a problem?

While you are at it, any advice for a new US immigrant as to which cities/states I should consider settling in. I am an elementary school teacher by profession, although some people told me that it's unlikely for me to get a teaching job in the US. :mad:

DV2009 Ghanaian Winner

Hello All,

First and foremost thanks for this making this thread available, this is very informative I have a quick question. In Oct., I submitted for my friend's , who lives in Ghana, DV2009 application using my USA address. Yesterday, I came home and found that she was a winner, see below for her NL info.
1. In filling out the DSP-122 and DS-230 forms, can she continue to use my address as her current mailing address? By using my address I can make sure she recieves her mail in a timely fashion.
2. Any idea if and when she may be called for her interview. her CN: 2009AF00024XXX

Thanks in advance for all your responses.

----------------------------------------
May 5th, 2008: RECVD NL
CN: 2009AF00024XXX

Hello All,

First and foremost thanks for this making this thread available, this is very informative I have a quick question. In Oct., I submitted for my friend's , who lives in Ghana, DV2009 application using my USA address. Yesterday, I came home and found that she was a winner, see below for her NL info.
1. In filling out the DSP-122 and DS-230 forms, can she continue to use my address as her current mailing address? By using my address I can make sure she recieves her mail in a timely fashion.
2. Any idea if and when she may be called for her interview. her CN: 2009AF00024XXX

Thanks in advance for all your responses.

----------------------------------------
May 5th, 2008: RECVD NL
CN: 2009AF00024XXX

You would agree with me that the Ghanaian post is not very reliable. As such it will be a good idea to process every documentation from your address only if you have a reliable means of getting it to her.Looking at her case number, she's looking at an interview date in the 1st quarter of 2009 .If she has the requisite educational certificates or skilled work experience,she stands a good chance of getting an interview.All the best of luck!!!

You would agree with me that the Ghanaian post is not very reliable. As such it will be a good idea to process every documentation from your address only if you have a reliable means of getting it to her.Looking at her case number, she's looking at an interview date in the 1st quarter of 2009 .If she has the requisite educational certificates or skilled work experience,she stands a good chance of getting an interview.All the best of luck!!!

Abeku66, Thanks for the information and follow-up. She should not have any problems meeting the requirements. I will continue to process her application through my address, since I am able to easily FedEx any documents I received.

Dear Carsey please guide sa how I can get an advance job offer in US in support of my 2009 dv visa processes
NL: 18th April
Letter posted 5th -08
CN: Af00014XXX

Last edited by a moderator:
UP to page 1!
Million thanks to Catseyes, Tazmania and all others who helped many people in this forum.
Can someone estimate when Case # EU12*** will become current? I checked visa bulletin 05, 06, 07, they are all very different. We planned to start our study in US in May 09, if we don't get visa before that, we may loose the chance to go to school next year.

First post

This is such a great find!

I just got the news that I've been selected. I am currently in the us with an H-3 visa valid until June 30th 2008 and my training site has applied for an H1-B petition. My case number is EU00006***

I haven't had time to read all the posts but I wonder what I should do, an AOS or CP?? Furthermore, how will my application interfere with the H1B application???

Thank you for all your answers