• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV Lottery 2017 - Questions

My honest advice to you right now would be to forget about the DV lottery, and for you and your mom to continue living your lives as "normal" - whatever you consider normal to be. The overall chance of being selected is about 1/2 to 1%, plus the fact that selection does not guarantee one would get a visa at the end of the day. It's okay that you guys are making plans for the possibility of how to proceed should either of you get selected, but I think you're focusing too much on it for now. Remember, it's a lottery, it's a random selection!

Yes mom I agree, feel like you and body are coming down my throat a bit, feeling a little discouraged by these comments, whether we get selected is not the goal here but making sure we a set for success where ever we are, and honestly I have never felt so empowered before, we have a plan for dv should we win it, and a plan for our normal lives, we have family in california, and florida who are going to support us wif accommodation and food if we get our visas, I know poorer people than us who are doing well, took them a few years but they have done really well. And I will not forget about dv, I can wait for years, as the monkey man said,5% chance and with my mum 10 % chances it's is looking good, I haven't seen the world like most of you but I have one thing and the is hope

@Shekina - I think what @Sm1smom was saying is now that you've applied (and well done for taking the first step to a potential better life), take a step back from the whole process and keep living your life as best you can. Mark your calendar for May, then put it to the back of your mind. There plenty of time after results are posted in May to worry about paperwork and future plans.

She's not saying to forget about entering the DV lottery (I know she would never tell anyone that).

Trust me - I've been in your shoes for many years - applying and waiting - and have ended up being very disappointed at the end.

Look, no disrespect, I wasn't talking about from now until may, I know that the chances are slim, I was just pointing out that the visa fee has gone up in fiji, we have the money to sustain us if we were to move in 2 something years. A little misunderstanding.

the photo tool couldn't crop my pic when applying for the dv lottery, but I submitted it with my head slightly above the required head position. It had all the required dimension and size that's 600*600 and less than 240 kb. The problem now is the head slightly above the head position. Will I be disqualified?
It will be quite difficult to give you a concrete answer without having a look at your photo. Since you have already submitted your entry, quit worrying as its beyond your control now, and hope for the best!

@jahswill , I don't recommend you to upload your photo on public forums. There could be some evil people who already submitted applications on behalf of you. They don't need to know your real name, birthday or country. Submitting the same photo will automatically disqualify you. Please be careful next year !

@Shekina - I think what @Sm1smom was saying is now that you've applied (and well done for taking the first step to a potential better life), take a step back from the whole process and keep living your life as best you can. Mark your calendar for May, then put it to the back of your mind. There plenty of time after results are posted in May to worry about paperwork and future plans.

She's not saying to forget about entering the DV lottery (I know she would never tell anyone that).

Trust me - I've been in your shoes for many years - applying and waiting - and have ended up being very disappointed at the end.
Don't be disappointed MattWatt, you will get there, I re- read moms post and I know she means well. She has looked out for me here, and I have loads of respect for her just like I have for my mum.

Hi everyone,

I'm another restless competitor, who just submitted his entry and is now having backward doubts about his photo. I found, after i've already submitted and received my confirmation number, that the flash of my camera left a couple of glares on my skin and shadows on my fridge (which was the background). All in total those artifacts cover about 0.1% of the picture, you really need to examine it closely to see.

Also, i noticed the words "must not be digitally enhanced" in the instructions, and i have auto-adjusted the colors and it made them a little brighter. You are going to need a photograph expert to determine that, yet you can determine that.

How bad am i standing?

Thanks

Hi everyone,

I'm another restless competitor, who just submitted his entry and is now having backward doubts about his photo. I found, after i've already submitted and received my confirmation number, that the flash of my camera left a couple of glares on my skin and shadows on my fridge (which was the background). All in total those artifacts cover about 0.1% of the picture, you really need to examine it closely to see.

Also, i noticed the words "must not be digitally enhanced" in the instructions, and i have auto-adjusted the colors and it made them a little brighter. You are going to need a photograph expert to determine that, yet you can determine that.

How bad am i standing?

Thanks

People are getting FAR too woorked up about these photos. For goodness sake relax!

Good morning, I have submitted my entry, 5 people in total, my hubby, his 2 kids- teenagers now, my 23 month old n me. this could be the year. What are the chances of getting 5 visas? or selection for a family of 5.

Good morning, I have submitted my entry, 5 people in total, my hubby, his 2 kids- teenagers now, my 23 month old n me. this could be the year. What are the chances of getting 5 visas? or selection for a family of 5.

Each entry has the same chance as every other entry in the region. I assume you and your husband both entered - so you have two chances. If either is chosen, all 5 are in (assuming you don't mess it up somehow!).

Indeed! Especially after the eDV registration has already been submitted.
I just went to the camera house here in Henderson, Auckland, paid $115 total, gave them the specifications and then they sent the photos via email. No sweat. Took us 20 mins to fill out the forms, this year my husband applied as well.

Each entry has the same chance as every other entry in the region. I assume you and your husband both entered - so you have two chances. If either is chosen, all 5 are in (assuming you don't mess it up somehow!).
Correct Simon, we both entred this time. :)

Hello community,

Look I have a slight query. I did the visa lottery in a rush and I think I made a mistake. I checked my photo on the photo validator and it passed. The thing is in the picture my face is in the middle but I have so much hair that a tiny bit of it is cut of in the frame of the photo. This means that there is no separation on the top of the photo. Is that sufficient for being disqualified? Can I apply again fixing the photo?

Hello community,

Look I have a slight query. I did the visa lottery in a rush and I think I made a mistake. I checked my photo on the photo validator and it passed. The thing is in the picture my face is in the middle but I have so much hair that a tiny bit of it is cut of in the frame of the photo. This means that there is no separation on the top of the photo. Is that sufficient for being disqualified? Can I apply again fixing the photo?
You can only apply once. Relax regarding the photo.

Simon, my hubby is nz European so his application chargability is Nz and mine Fiji since I was born there.