• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV Lottery 2017 - Questions

Hello community,

Look I have a slight query. I did the visa lottery in a rush and I think I made a mistake. I checked my photo on the photo validator and it passed. The thing is in the picture my face is in the middle but I have so much hair that a tiny bit of it is cut of in the frame of the photo. This means that there is no separation on the top of the photo. Is that sufficient for being disqualified? Can I apply again fixing the photo?

Read previous responses on this Thread. If your application has already been selected, there's nothing else you can do about it. Simply move on with your current/normal life, wait until May 2016 to see if you've been selected or not.

I just went to the camera house here in Henderson, Auckland, paid $115 total, gave them the specifications and then they sent the photos via email. No sweat. Took us 20 mins to fill out the forms, this year my husband applied as well.

Good for you, I suppose you didn't want to take any chance with your pictures, hence the use of a professional. There are others who got selected in the past with none professional pictures too.

Good for you, I suppose you didn't want to take any chance with your pictures, hence the use of a professional. There are others who got selected in the past with none professional pictures too.
Yeah, we just happened to be all in the mall at the time and we didn't want to take any chances, it was easier asking for professional help. peace of mind. In the entry application Last year there was a question asking if you were divorced or remarried, this year they didn't ask that question. It was pretty straight forward. Just the applicant details and derivatives information, etc- no questions about divorce or remarriage or name change.

This is not aimed a
What is nz European. New Zealand - right? So in that case you both are in the same region and have identical chances.

Gee, that sounds suspiciously like a Sierra Leone birth certificate, better hope someone else doesn't start ranting about use of that term :D

Hello community,

Look I have a slight query. I did the visa lottery in a rush and I think I made a mistake. I checked my photo on the photo validator and it passed. The thing is in the picture my face is in the middle but I have so much hair that a tiny bit of it is cut of in the frame of the photo. This means that there is no separation on the top of the photo. Is that sufficient for being disqualified? Can I apply again fixing the photo?

You can't enter again. The system will pick it up as a duplicate entry and disqualify both the original and the new entry.

Good morning, I have submitted my entry, 5 people in total, my hubby, his 2 kids- teenagers now, my 23 month old n me. this could be the year. What are the chances of getting 5 visas? or selection for a family of 5.

Good luck (again) @Maisy . Your chances are as good as anyone else's - regardless of how many derivatives.

The examples of incorrect photos on the DV site crack me up. How do I get a job as a DV photo model? Or even the person who manipulates the pics to show what not to do? I love that there was, once at some stage, some guy at DoS diligently scribbling a beard on this man in MS Paint.

help_bad_retouched.jpg

Hi everyone,

I have been reading the forums non stop everyday trying to understand the process, and of course its not easy to understand everything right away :D. Anyways, my question: If I graduated from a university in the States, do I need to include my high school diploma as well or I will only need my provide one thing which is university degree.

Thanx in advance

hi

1st question: is my picture ryt?

144524937511.jpg

2nd question:

my name is " alaa kamal mohammed aiash"

and my name in passport is written like this " alaa k m aiash"

so my 1st name is "alaa"
last name is " aiash"
so the middle name should be " k m" as written in my passport or i should write " kamal mohammed"

hi

1st question: is my picture ryt?

2nd question:

my name is " alaa kamal mohammed aiash"

and my name in passport is written like this " alaa k m aiash"

so my 1st name is "alaa"
last name is " aiash"
so the middle name should be " k m" as written in my passport or i should write " kamal mohammed"

Picture looks fine.

Write out the middle names in full, don't use the initials.

Picture looks fine.

Write out the middle names in full, don't use the initials.

what do u mean by "Write out the middle names in full, don't use the initials." i didn't understand it

if u mean that i should write " kamal mohammed" in middle name..it's okay

but don't forget that my middle name in passport written like this " K.M"

so it will not make sense ryt?? during the interview if i won in dv lottery

Last edited:
what do u mean by "Write out the middle names in full, don't use the initials." i didn't understand it

if u mean that i should write " kamal mohammed" in middle name..it's okay

but don't forget that my middle name in passport written like this " K.M"

so it will not make sense ryt?? during the interview if i won in dv lottery

K.M is used as initials on your passport, the K stands for Kamal, and the M stands for Mohammed. So you should go ahead and write out your full middle names, Kamal Mohammed, on the eDV registration. It will make sense during your interview, if you get selected.

K.M is used as initials on your passport, the K stands for Kamal, and the M stands for Mohammed. So you should go ahead and write out your full middle names, Kamal Mohammed, on the eDV registration. It will make sense during your interview, if you get selected.
i saw video in youtube about how to register to dv lottery
and the youtuber said that about "name" part he said let's write the name as it's written in the PASSPORT

and in my passport my name is written like this "alaa k m aiash"

and u said that i shall write the full name in "middle name"

so i'm confused know!!

and the youtuber said that about "name" part he said let's write the name as it's written in the PASSPORT

so i'm confused know!!

The expectation is that you fill in your legal name. They assume that your passport has your legal name, but as Mom pointed out, yours only has initials. You should write the full version of the 4 names.

so i'm confused know!!

For sheez! That's not what I said!! I never said write your full name as middle name. You asked if you should write K.M. as you middle name and I said write out the full middle for the middle name section and not the initial initial as listed on your passport. You should obviously still put the first name and last name in their respective places on the registration form. It's not rocket scienc, for goodness sake.

This is question from my friend can u answer it please

I was born in gaza
in ELECTRONIC DIVERSITY VISA ENTRY FORM
in Question number 4 I must write gaza because it is the city where I was born
and in Question number 5 about Country Where You Were Born I must Chose gaza strip Because Palestine is not recognizing of America
But my problem with Question Number 6
What should I chose ,, yes or no
and which country i must chose

This is not aimed a

Gee, that sounds suspiciously like a Sierra Leone birth certificate, better hope someone else doesn't start ranting about use of that term :D
Who's is Sierra leone? Sorry, I am a little blond at times (figuratively speaking)

Last edited: