• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV Lottery 2017 - Questions

Good luck (again) @Maisy . Your chances are as good as anyone else's - regardless of how many derivatives.
Thanks..... A REALLLLYYYYY LOOONNNGGG WAIT NOWWW. . I hope my (your) confirmation number gently smoothly... glides... slips... in the YOU HAVE BEEN SELECTED kitty . We need to send out positive vibes...

Last edited:
This is question from my friend can u answer it please

I was born in gaza
in ELECTRONIC DIVERSITY VISA ENTRY FORM
in Question number 4 I must write gaza because it is the city where I was born
and in Question number 5 about Country Where You Were Born I must Chose gaza strip Because Palestine is not recognizing of America
But my problem with Question Number 6
What should I chose ,, yes or no
and which country i must chose

This is question from my friend can u answer it please

I was born in gaza
in ELECTRONIC DIVERSITY VISA ENTRY FORM
in Question number 4 I must write gaza because it is the city where I was born
and in Question number 5 about Country Where You Were Born I must Chose gaza strip Because Palestine is not recognizing of America
But my problem with Question Number 6
What should I chose ,, yes or no
and which country i must chose

Your friend will need to select Egypt as his eligibility country for question 6. All persons born in the Gaza Strip are chargeable to Egypt according to the DV instructions:

*Persons born in the areas administered prior to June 1967 by Israel, Jordan, Syria, and Egypt are chargeable, respectively, to Israel, Jordan, Syria, and Egypt. Persons born in the Gaza Strip are chargeable to Egypt; persons born in the West Bank are chargeable to Jordan; persons born in the Golan Heights are chargeable to Syria.

http://travel.state.gov/content/dam...ions/DV-2017 Instructions and FAQs.pdf#page16

Gold morning to everybody. I'm a new comer in the forum even if i used to read your posts. First of all i will like to apoligize for my bad english since i'm a french speaking.
I'm confused by something. I'm married ans m'y husband's name appears in my id card ans passport. I don't know where i should write it. Can i pût it as m'y middle name? Thank you very much.

Gold morning to everybody. I'm a new comer in the forum even if i used to read your posts. First of all i will like to apoligize for my bad english since i'm a french speaking.
I'm confused by something. I'm married ans m'y husband's name appears in my id card ans passport. I don't know where i should write it. Can i pût it as m'y middle name? Thank you very much.

The simple rule of thumb is to put the name as it appears in your passport.

The simple rule of thumb is to put the name as it appears in your passport.
Thank you for your prompt réaction. My name is written like this: maiden name+Surname then spouse XXX at specific place. I'm asking myself if m'y husband's name is my mine. What do you of just writing my name and precise his at the place they ask it. Sorry tout bother you.

Hi

Well baby No 2 arrived rather u expectantly 3 weeks early so didn't get a chance to submit yet.

Quick question- does the baby have to have her eyes open in the photo?

Also- there is a local photo place that will do the visa photos for £6.99 each- they have done them before. I am tempted to just get them done there so I don't have to worry about them not being correct. On Monday and then submit during the week.... What do you all think? Remember we are sleep deprived at the moment....zzzzz ;-) so it might just be easier

And one more question please- do I need my husbands birth certificate to complete the form? We had to send it to the German embassy and it hasn't been returned yet. I am the one who was born in Germany so he will just be submitting through me.

Hi There, new to the forum
i am from Pakistan, i know i am not eligible to apply but my wife was born in Libiya which is an eligible country, so i guess i can apply.
my question is what country of birth should i put mine, whether it should be Libya as of my wife, since FAQs says 'However, you may choose your country of eligibility as the country of birth of your spouse'.
my second question: what should i understand by this '—provided that both you and your spouse are named on the selected entry'
my third question: what if my wife apply as prime and add me as her spouse what will happen then, will it work like that???

i am from Pakistan, i know i am not eligible to apply but my wife was born in Libiya which is an eligible country, so i guess i can apply.
my question is what country of birth should i put mine, whether it should be Libya as of my wife, since FAQs says 'However, you may choose your country of eligibility as the country of birth of your spouse'.
my second question: what should i understand by this '—provided that both you and your spouse are named on the selected entry'
my third question: what if my wife apply as prime and add me as her spouse what will happen then, will it work like that???

Your country of birth does not change, you must put Pakistan, but then list Libya as your country of eligibility/chargeability. You and your wife can both apply separately, with each other as derivatives. If your wife applies then she will put both birth country and country of eligibility as Libya.

OMG i have problem

i registered to dv lottery 2017.. my problem in question number "6" about
Country of Eligibility
well i'm from palestine but i was born in UAE.. i chose NO in this
"Are you claiming eligibility based on the country where you were born?"

and i chose UAE when they asked "
"If not, you must enter the country from which you are claiming eligibility"..

so i had chose yes instead of no ryt?? or what???
i'm really confused about this -.-

OMG i have problem

Country of Eligibility

I'm confused too, if I read what you said above you answered "no" to claiming your country of birth (UAE) but then you did actually choose UAE when they asked what country you were claiming??

Thank you for your prompt réaction. My name is written like this: maiden name+Surname then spouse XXX at specific place. I'm asking myself if m'y husband's name is my mine. What do you of just writing my name and precise his at the place they ask it. Sorry tout bother you.

@Brad2017 - so as I understand it, your full name (in your passport) is written as:

[Given Name] [Middle Name(s)] [Your Maiden Name] [Husband's Surname]​

If that is correct, I would suggest you put "[Your Maiden Name] [Husband's Surname]" in the SURNAME field of the application.

Your country of birth does not change, you must put Pakistan, but then list Libya as your country of eligibility/chargeability. You and your wife can both apply separately, with each other as derivatives. If your wife applies then she will put both birth country and country of eligibility as Libya.

But keep in mind that, if you are using your wife's country of birth for your chargeability, then your wife must also pass the eligibility requirements (education / work experience).

OMG i have problem

Country of Eligibility

So you were born in UAE, but live in Palestine - correct?

You should have stated UAE as the country you were born (question 5), and then YES for "Are you claiming eligibility based on the country where you were born?" (question 6).

What did you put for question 5?

But keep in mind that, if you are using your wife's country of birth for your chargeability, then your wife must also pass the eligibility requirements (education / work experience).

Indeed, but as he asked about her entering as principal as well I just assumed that she does.

Thanks Susie and Matt for quick response,
What if my wife apply and I don't, if by chance she is selected then can I go with her as her husband, I think lottery is for the entire family unit.
Will my applying affect her application as in my case as prime applicant, both have to be selected,
She is well qualified as well.

Thanks Susie and Matt for quick response,
What if my wife apply and I don't, if by chance she is selected then can I go with her as her husband, I think lottery is for the entire family unit.
Will my applying affect her application as in my case as prime applicant, both have to be selected,
She is well qualified as well.

You both apply will no affect either of your applications - in fact it's actually encouraged, to double your chances of winning.