• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV Lottery 2017 - Questions

3.1 Mononymic name, only single word.
"In the U.S., there are generally three ways to deal with person with only single-word name.
  1. Use his/her name as his/her surname, then the official records (ID or Driving Licenses or school records) added FNU (or Fnu) as their first name. This can lead to a false belief that Fnu is a common Indonesian first name.
  2. Use his/her name as his/her first name, then the official records (ID or Driving Licenses or school records) added LNU (or Lnu) as their surname. This can also lead to another false belief that Lnu is a common Indonesian surname. In some cases "FNU" will be added after the name, then standing for "Family Name Unknown".[1]
  3. Use his/her name as his/her first name and surname, such as Gema Gema."
From this I would conclude for the purpose of eDV entry that with Mononymic name you could either include it as family or as first name and then indicate that you don't hold any of the other two, both should be ok. Other than that you might want to follow SusieQQQ's suggestion earlier and get in touch with the US Consulate in Jakarta for advice on the matter, to be 100% sure. Good luck, no hard feelings concerning folks from Indonesia whatsoever :)

Strange, the DV lottery website was working last night for me but this morning the DV 2017 option has disappeared and has gone back to only displaying 2015/2016. I'm not worried as I wasn't even entering today just checking it out

Indonesia.

I'm kinda hesitate to say it, because I know there's a person who keeps complaining about Nepalese in this forum (if you know what I mean). He's also from Indonesia. :oops:

LOL! Indonesians are not tarnished by one person, any more than Nepalese should be blamed for "taking all the visas"

He actually has two names in real life I believe.

First of all Thank You all and Britsimon, Sm1smom for the great source of info and help on this forum

I have a doubt, the educational requirements are clear, but suppose I win the lottery and have my wife to apply with me(or she wins), can my wife get the green card if she doesn't have the high school diploma(left a year before finishing) nor she has the two years of specific work experience, but she is financially well and most importantly we stress that she will not be working in America at all?

First of all Thank You all and Sm1smom for the great source of info and help on this forum

I have a doubt, the educational requirements are clear, but suppose I win the lottery and have my wife to apply with me(or she wins), can my wife get the green card if she doesn't have the high school diploma(left a year before finishing) nor she has the two years of specific work experience, but she is financially well and most importantly we stress that she will not be working in America at all?
Your wife will be able to receive a DV-2 Green Card as dependent, presuming you are the (qualified) winner and have not used the country of your wife for the purpose of DV cross-chargeability. She will be able to work in the US thereafter without any problem.

First of all Thank You all and Britsimon, Sm1smom for the great source of info and help on this forum

If you win, only you have to demonstrate the education/work experience requirement, and your wife can get a green card as your derivative.
If your wife is unable to meet either of the education or work experience requirements, there is no point in her entering as a principal applicant, because this is one of the two key eligibility requirements (the other is country chargeability). Doesn't matter how rich she is, she isn't eligible and will be denied a visa if selected if she cannot meet either the education or work experience criterion.

Your wife will be able to receive a DV-2 Green Card as dependent, presuming you are the (qualified) winner and have not used the country of your wife for the purpose of DV cross-chargeability. She will be able to work in the US thereafter without any problem.

I agree with Euro - but to be clear it sounds like she could not qualify as a winner herself - only as your derivative.

Thank You guys

Got it, so I have to be the winner and my wife as my derivative should be fine, unless she wants to travel back in time to high school for unfinished business which is unlikely

If you win, only you have to demonstrate the education/work experience requirement, and your wife can get a green card as your derivative.
If your wife is unable to meet either of the education or work experience requirements, there is no point in her entering as a principal applicant, because this is one of the two key eligibility requirements (the other is country chargeability). Doesn't matter how rich she is, she isn't eligible and will be denied a visa if selected if she cannot meet either the education or work experience criterion.

And THIS is why qualifying people get annoyed when they either don't get selected, or do get selected by get a high CN. Let's face it, the qualifying criteria isn't particularly complicated

If you don't qualify, then don't apply

I need some help. I was born in Macau but the system kept showing my country of birth not eligible as the picture below. However, it is not true and the instructions for DV 2017 showing that Macau is eligible. Can somebody tell me what I can do to fix it? Thank you.

Attachments

• DV2017.jpg
    DV2017.jpg
    141.6 KB · Views: 20