• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV Lottery 2017 - Questions

Sm1smon, SusieQQQ, Is this the same (home country address instead of US college address) for an F-1 student? Thanks in advance, appreciated.

A. B1/B2 is a visitor visa. You could get into trouble saying you "live" in the US on a visitor visa. By contrast a student will normally be studying minimum a year and sometimes 6 or so years so it is quite normal to say you are "living" somewhere then.

So I have a question, when giving your address in the DV entry and it asks for state, province and all that, do I provide all the information in English? Like the English name for the state or do I put it in the native language?

So I have a question, when giving your address in the DV entry and it asks for state, province and all that, do I provide all the information in English? Like the English name for the state or do I put it in the native language?

Give an example please

Well the German name for my state is Niedersachsen, however we do have English names as well, which would be Lower Saxony. Just trying to avoid any possible mistakes. Thanks for helping!

Yes, use the English equivalents.

Hello everyone, I was going through the instruction document and I came across this:
Mailing Address – In Care Of _________________
Address Line 1___________________
Address Line 2___________________
City/Town________________________
District/Country/Province/State___________________
Postal Code/Zip Code____________________________
Country____________________
What are my suppose to fill here? appreciate help

i wanted to verify something. Iam a widower but i have a stepdaughter from my late wife who is 17 and i have a son who is 2 years but iam not married just yet to the mother.How do i include them in my initial application. my second question is im born in country A while my parents are both in country B. I live in country C where my children live. Can i use the country of my parents as the country of eligibilty especially if you consider the 3 options available on point number 1 of the frequently asked questions

Well the German name for my state is Niedersachsen, however we do have English names as well, which would be Lower Saxony. Just trying to avoid any possible mistakes. Thanks for helping!

My take on this would be to use the German name itself.

Hello everyone, I was going through the instruction document and I came across this:

Example:

Mailing Address – In Care Of: --> leave empty of no c/o recipient, otherwise fill in here
Address Line 1: Rue St. Nom-la-Breteche 37
Address Line 2: --> leave empty of you do not have second address line, otherwise fill in here
City/Town: St.Nom-la-Breteche
District/Country/Province/State: Yvelines
Postal Code/Zip Code: 07624

Voila!

Your address as applicable to you :rolleyes:

Just to clarify, for those who are new to this:
There is no need to rush with completing the entry form!
You do not stand a better chance for entering early!
It is a random draw next year from all entries received between now and Nov 3.
All you are receiving at this stage is a confirmation number! (not to be confused with a case number).
On or after 3 May, 2016 you can enter that number in the status check box to see IF you were drawn. In that case, you will be getting your case number.

So don't stress ... you have a full month to enter! :D

i wanted to verify something. Iam a widower but i have a stepdaughter from my late wife who is 17 and i have a son who is 2 years but iam not married just yet to the mother.How do i include them in my initial application. my second question is im born in country A while my parents are both in country B. I live in country C where my children live. Can i use the country of my parents as the country of eligibilty especially if you consider the 3 options available on point number 1 of the frequently asked questions

You must list your step daughter and your son. You must select "widower" as your marital status. You CANNOT list/include the mother of your son on your application since you're not yet married to her. If you later on get married and you happen to get selected, you will be able to add her as a derivative only at that stage.

You should use your own country of birth, if the country is eligible regardless of where you currently live now. You should only charge to your parents country of birth if your own country of birth is not eligible.

Hi Sm1smom

My husband was selected for further processing for 2016 lottery, but have not yet received any notifications on interviews. Can we still enter the 2017 lottery?

Hi Sm1smom

My husband was selected for further processing for 2016 lottery, but have not yet received any notifications on interviews. Can we still enter the 2017 lottery?

Yes you both can. As a matter of fact, it's a good idea to do so.

On a completely unrelated point other than the naming, a suburb of a town I used to live in was originally called Sachsenwald and then in WW1 it got anglicized to Saxonwold.

I don't think it really makes a difference whether your street address is in English or German, as long as all the answers they need to understand are in English (I can't even remember if there are any of those that you write out on the entry form).

Further to what sm1smom answered, you can only charge to your parents' country if you can prove that they were only temporarily in your country of birth when you were born. Please ensure that you properly understand the chargeability rules, every year we seem to get people who didn't read them properly and get disqualified as a result.