• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV Lottery 2017 - Questions

Hi Sm1smom,

I have a question. My passport only display my given name (xxx), no middle and no last name. In my country, it's common to have only one name without surname.

On the instruction video posted by @Werewolf (around 12:01), it mentioned something about entering FNU and selecting the box "No First/Last/Middle name" that apply to you.
I'm kinda confused about that part. Does that mean I should not enter my Given Name in the First Name textbox?

Can I just enter my Given Name in the First Name textbox, then check "No Last name" and "No Middle name"? And if I've already checked "No Last name" and "No Middle name", do I still need to type LNU and MNU?

Thanks.

Successfully completed DV-2017 entry for F-1 student and took the opportunity to re-read instructions which really could not be much clearer as they are. Only potential complexities, if any, may be related to cross-chargeability rules for those which decide to base their DV submission on those - better understand those in full detail before you submit. Otherwise submission is a breeze, difficult to see why so many unprovoked errors seem to occur every year... Best of luck to All!

Successfully completed DV-2017 entry for F-1 student and took the opportunity to re-read instructions which really could not be much clearer as they are. Only potential complexities, if any, may be related to cross-chargeability rules for those which decide to base their DV submission on those - better understand those in full detail before submitting. Otherwise submission is a breeze, difficult to see why so many unprovoked errors seem to occur every year... Best of luck to All!

Hi Sm1smom,

I have a question. My passport only display my given name (xxx), no middle and no last name. In my country, it's common to have only one name without surname.

On the instruction video posted by @Werewolf (around 12:01), it mentioned something about entering FNU and selecting the box "No First/Last/Middle name" that apply to you.
I'm kinda confused about that part. Does that mean I should not enter my Given Name in the First Name textbox?

Can I just enter my Given Name in the First Name textbox, then check "No Last name" and "No Middle name"? And if I've already checked "No Last name" and "No Middle name", do I still need to type LNU and MNU?

Thanks.

The name is supposed to be as on your passport.
You know what - you have time. It may be worth contacting the US embassy in your country for advice on what they see as normal for there, before you submit.

Hi Sm1smom,

Thanks.
Just wondering, what did you do in DV-2015 and 2016 when submitting your information?

Hi Sm1smom,

Thanks.

I know the instruction is a bit garbled regarding that issue. But the question you really ought to answer first of all is where is this name listed on your passport? Is it listed as your last name/surname or given name/first name?

So, this was my second time getting my photo taken and I think it might be too close to the camera. What do you guys think?

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 19
So, this was my second time getting my photo taken and I think it might be too close to the camera. What do you guys think?

Strange glasses you are wearing. :p

Looks fine. Press crop (that causes a validation) if that works (or does after using the size slider or moving the photo) then you are good to go.

Just wondering, what did you do in DV-2015 and 2016 when submitting your information?

I just entered my Given Name in the First Name textbox, then checked "No Last name" and "No Middle name". Not until recently I realized there're some conflicting opinion regarding this matter.

I dont have a passport yet. Do I need a passport number now for applying or have time for it until May?
thanks for helping!

I know the instruction is a bit garbled regarding that issue. But the question you really ought to answer first of all is where is this name listed on your passport? Is it listed as your last name/surname or given name/first name?

My country's passport only has one field that says "Full Name" :)

Hi Sm1smom,

Thanks.

What country is that????