• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV Lottery 2017 - Questions

In 9 FAM 502.6 (Diversity immigrant visas) 9 FAM 502.6-4 section d it stated the following “A principal registrant born in a country, which is among those for which Diversity Visas are available, may derive a more favorable foreign state of chargeability from an accompanying alien spouse. For example, a principal applicant from a DV eligible country from a high-admission region may claim a more favorable chargeability from a spouse, who is from a DV eligible country from a lowadmission region, provided the relationship was established prior to submitting the DV entry. In such instances, however, both applicants are considered principal applicants for the purpose of cross-chargeability and must be issued visas and apply for admission to the United States simultaneously”
Is this mean if I born in Saudi, I can cross chargeability to Egypt from spouse given the relation before apply to get more benefit? Thank you!

In 9 FAM 502.6 (Diversity immigrant visas) 9 FAM 502.6-4 section d it stated the following “A principal registrant born in a country, which is among those for which Diversity Visas are available, may derive a more favorable foreign state of chargeability from an accompanying alien spouse. For example, a principal applicant from a DV eligible country from a high-admission region may claim a more favorable chargeability from a spouse, who is from a DV eligible country from a lowadmission region, provided the relationship was established prior to submitting the DV entry. In such instances, however, both applicants are considered principal applicants for the purpose of cross-chargeability and must be issued visas and apply for admission to the United States simultaneously”
Is this mean if I born in Saudi, I can cross chargeability to Egypt from spouse given the relation before apply to get more benefit? Thank you!

The guidance was updated last year to allow elective cross charging to a spouse's country IF that marriage pre-dated the eDV entry.

http://britsimonsays.com/country-of-chargeability-for-dv-lottery/

Theoretically, but why do you think you'll get more benefit from being charged to Egypt?

Also if you entered as chargeable to an Asian county, you can't change it during the process to Africa. You have to select that before entry - otherwise you will have been selected from the wrong region - so I'm confused about you asking it being applicable to DV2016.

Theoretically, but why do you think you'll get more benefit from being charged to Egypt?

Also if you entered as chargeable to an Asian county, you can't change it during the process to Africa. You have to select that before entry - otherwise you will have been selected from the wrong region - so I'm confused about you asking it being applicable to DV2016.
I entered DV2016 born in Saoudi and charged Egypt based on my wife, I got AF case number not AS, so this why I m asking since my interview is next month and I can print the 9 FAM and show it to the CO as a support document. Any advice?

I entered DV2016 born in Saoudi and charged Egypt based on my wife, I got AF case number not AS, so this why I m asking since my interview is next month and I can print the 9 FAM and show it to the CO as a support document. Any advice?

You already have the right plan.

Ah I see. Yes that's fine.

Hello,

I've entered the DV2017 (for the first time!) and I have a small question: in the very, very small chance that I win, do I have to translate all my documents to English? They are in my official native language, and the travel.state.gov website says not (if they are in your official native language), but i'd just like to be extra-extra sure so I won't make any mistake

Hello,

I've entered the DV2017 (for the first time!) and I have a small question: in the very, very small chance that I win, do I have to translate all my documents to English? They are in my official native language, and the travel.state.gov website says not (if they are in your official native language), but i'd just like to be extra-extra sure so I won't make any mistake

If you get selected and will be interviewed in your home country, follow the instructions on the travel.state website in addition to whatever else your applicable US home embassy says.

If you get selected and will be interviewed in your home country, follow the instructions on the travel.state website in addition to whatever else your applicable US home embassy says.

Thanks for the fast respons! Unfortunately, i've searched every inch/centimeter of the US embassy website in my country and could not find an answer. I'll probably call them to ask (if I get selected of course, no use in bothering them already) and I'll post the answer here somewhere so other people will know :)

Thanks for the fast respons! Unfortunately, i've searched every inch/centimeter of the US embassy website in my country and could not find an answer. I'll probably call them to ask (if I get selected of course, no use in bothering them already) and I'll post the answer here somewhere so other people will know :)

What country?
It's very rare that documents have to be translated from a native language into English - I believe it is required in Venezuela; it is required in South Africa for non-English documents, and I think there may be another country. It's extremely unusual and if the embassy website doesn't specifically say it then it's unlikely to be required. Good luck for selection day!

What country?
It's very rare that documents have to be translated from a native language into English - I believe it is required in Venezuela; it is required in South Africa for non-English documents, and I think there may be another country. It's extremely unusual and if the embassy website doesn't specifically say it then it's unlikely to be required. Good luck for selection day!

The country is Belgium, and that's what I think too, that I don't have to translate them.

We know already. The point Mom was making was that there will be plenty of time for you to understand the instructions IF you win.

So I applied first time in 2014 after I got to know that I became eligible after marrying a Kenyan girl, when I applied for 2014 I got selected but unfortunately my CN was more then 99k and I was locked out then I tried in 2015, 2016, couldn't get selected, now I have applied another time in 2017 and waiting for May 2016 to see what happens, I wish everyone best luck, see you in the States God willing

Another thing I'd like to ask, if my wife get selected, my qualifications matters? Do I need to be eligible? Is that possible that my wide denies visa bescause I'm not eligible?

Only the principal winner has to prove they meet the requirements.

Now, general advice. The results are out in May. You have a low chance of being selected. Some people try for many years and never get selected - so, win - and then there will be plenty of time for the questions...

Only the principal winner has to prove they meet the requirements.

Now, general advice. The results are out in May. You have a low chance of being selected. Some people try for many years and never get selected - so, win - and then there will be plenty of time for the questions...
Low chances? Why?