• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv lottery 2011 from ethiopia

Hi Fikalab,

i don't have any knowledge about the new system of education, but what i did is i authenticated all my educational documents (ESLCE with Transcript , college diploma with transcript/grade report) i suggust, it might be good to authenticate from your maximum (in your case your degree with transcript) to the minimum requirement of Education for DV (complition of high school with transcript). I thought, when we fill EDV we tick univeristy degree/high school diploma or college/no degree and others and also on Form DSP 122 we already mentioned the details of our educational background i.e the embassy might need the proof of the education by supporting documents. this is just my suggestion. May God be with us!
Thank you,Helen.
I agree with u,u need to authenticate all your documents to be on the safe side.However i cant authenticate my BSc degree with the Grade report(Transcript) in MoFA(Ministry of Foreign Affairs) at this time since i have not finished paying my cost sharing,which is 2 be paid on the monthly basis and it is on the process,but i did get true copy of my degree certificate and grade report from the university where i graduated years before,and i also have the temporary degree certificate and student copy of the transcript.i have heard from colleagues that had interview at addis ababa us embassy that they dont need an authenticated certificate of higher education but sometimes they request to see the unauthenticated certificate,i will take all my genuine certificates with me to the interview just in case if they ask for them but i dont think i need to certify them except all the High school certificates and transcripts.as for the 2nd letter,2day i went to ask the 4killo branch about the delivery of it and they advised me to go to head office no.34 and i did but the officer in head office told me that it takes some more time to deliver to Ethiopia,his reason was the 2NL addressed to applicants who are to be interviewed for the month of June arrived at their office after more than 25 days so i decided to email to KCC next week asking for the copy of it just in case if it become delayed.May God be with us.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear all
It has been 27 days since KCC has sent my 2NL but not arrived to Ethiopia yet.how many days does it take to finish Medical test?

Hi gus,

Anyone can tell if the reasons of denial for medical purposes are include loss of sight in only one eye or not

Dear all
It has been 27 days since KCC has sent my 2NL but not arrived to Ethiopia yet.how many days does it take to finish Medical test?

Hi Fikalab,
i think your 2NL is late, better to continue u'r followup in post office and contact KCC if there is other option to get the letter, but the medical test needs 10 - 15 days according to our case. Try to contact the clinics the minimum days they need to accomplish the test. Good luck!

Hi Fikalab,
i think your 2NL is late, better to continue u'r followup in post office and contact KCC if there is other option to get the letter, but the medical test needs 10 - 15 days according to our case. Try to contact the clinics the minimum days they need to accomplish the test. Good luck!

Hi Helen,
Thanks for your response.Glory to the almighty God,I got my second letter right now which is addressed on May 17,2011.how about your case? I hope you will hear something good by next week.May God be with us.

Hi Guys,i have some questions to ask:
1.Is it normal that listing of beneficiary in the Ethiopian way,i.e.First-Name Middle-Name Last-Name,but my name is listed as the American way,
i.e. Last-name,First-name Middle-Name.
2.Which of the listed four Clinics is the best for medical test regarding;time,handling,....

Hi Helen,
we are in the month of July and i hope your case is up to something and i am expecting a good news this week from you.May God be with you and your Family in your interview.

Hi Labora,
How are things going in states,hope things are going well.do u remember my wife's passport case,i hope u do,now they have accepted her 2NL and corrected the error,thanks to God.

Hi Ginger,
how is the Preparation and i hope you got your interview date by this time.Good Luck

Hi Ginger,
how is the Preparation and i hope you got your interview date by this time.Good Luck

Hi fikalab,
yes I got my 2NL, as you can see from my signiture, I have almost everything .....
I wasn't even required to have the 2NL to process the Medical
and police certificate.

How is your preparation going,with God you will be a sucess.

Hi fikalab,
yes I got my 2NL, as you can see from my signiture, I have almost everything .....
I wasn't even required to have the 2NL to process the Medical
and police certificate.

How is your preparation going,with God you will be a sucess.

I got my 2NL last Friday,June 24,and i do all the academic authentication starting from Monday and my wife got her passport on Thursday so we went for police certificate and medical on Friday but we are asked for the second letter in both places,actually one can get the police certificate with out 2NL but it will be delayed by a week or...for another appointment with out it.now we are waiting for our interview date and we anticipate a positive result with the help of God.

Hi Helen,
How is your case going,i think it is on the 8th week of the sputum culture test and i hope your husbands result will be negative with the help of God.

Hi Helen,
How is your case going,i think it is on the 8th week of the sputum culture test and i hope your husbands result will be negative with the help of God.

Hi Fikalab,

Yes it is now 8th week, we asked the laboratory to send the result to the Clinic, they will send the result on Friday next week to the clinic. I think u are now ready for interview, God be with us.

Hi gus,

Anyone can tell if the reasons of denial for medical purposes are include loss of sight in only one eye or not

Hi fifizain,
Loss of sight in one eye is not a reason to fail the medical screening. Medical reasons that need treatment before visa issuance are TB and sexually transmitted diseases like Syphilis. Good luck.

Hi Labora,
How are things going in states,hope things are going well.do u remember my wife's passport case,i hope u do,now they have accepted her 2NL and corrected the error,thanks to God.

That is so great, Fikaleb. It was the issue of the spelling of her place of birth, right? Good for both of you. I and my family are settling in the US, thank God. Thanks for asking and I wish you all the best.

Hi Fikalab,

Yes it is now 8th week, we asked the laboratory to send the result to the Clinic, they will send the result on Friday next week to the clinic. I think u are now ready for interview, God be with us.

That is good news, Helen. God be with you and your family.

Dear all,
We have finished our medical today including the vaccination but the vaccination is just MMR in one (Mumps,Measles,and Rubella).

Dear All,

My husband sputum culture test result is negative. God what can i say.... no word. Health is first. We will continue our process next week.

thanks