• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv lottery 2011 from ethiopia

Hi Labora,
thank you,i have got some more questions regarding my case:
1.can we start the medical test and police certificate with out the 2NL,with email confirmation of KCC of our interview date.
2.i am the Primary applicant and it is necessary that authenticating my high school transcript and national exam certificates but how about my wife's academic certificates?
3.i have heard that marriage certificate and birth certificate must be authenticated too,is that true,shall i authenticate them if it is necessary?

Hi Fikaleb, as Helen correctly put it:
1) You need your second letter to do the police and medical certificates. If KCC has sent you the PDF format of your 2nd NL, then you can print that and use it. It serves the same purpose as the one sent via postal mail.
2) Your wife's educational documents are not needed at the interview and don't worry about that. No need to authenticate them.
3) Only educational documents are authenticated. No need to authenticate your birth and marriage certificates. You can get all these specific instructions by going to the US embassy in Ethiopia and asking the security guards at the gate. They will give you a one page sheet which contains all the details about the needed documents.
Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Fikaleb, as Helen correctly put it:
1) You need your second letter to do the police and medical certificates. If KCC has sent you the PDF format of your 2nd NL, then you can print that and use it. It serves the same purpose as the one sent via postal mail.
2) Your wife's educational documents are not needed at the interview and don't worry about that. No need to authenticate them.
3) Only educational documents are authenticated. No need to authenticate your birth and marriage certificates. You can get all these specific instructions by going to the US embassy in Ethiopia and asking the security guards at the gate. They will give you a one page sheet which contains all the details about the needed documents.
Good luck.
Thank you Labora2,i will go to the embassy gate and pick the letter.

Dear Friends,

the specified allocation cut off number for month of August is 32400 for Ethiopia, ginger now are you in the range? if not there is also one month is remaining for sure you will be current on September. Good luck!

For August, immigrant numbers in the DV category are available to qualified DV-2011 applicants chargeable to all regions/eligible countries as follows. When an allocation cut-off number is shown, visas are available only for applicants with DV regional lottery rank numbers BELOW the specified allocation cut-off number:

AFRICA:71,800;Except Ethiopia:32,400
ASIA:39,750
EUROPE:CURRENT;Except Uzbekistan:UNAVAILABLE
NORTH AMERICA(BAHAMAS):CURRENT
OCEANIA:CURRENT
SOUTH AMERICA,and the CARIBBEAN:CURRENT

Hey Ginger,Congratulation if your case number is not below 32,400 and if not,for sure it will be for the month of September.
Just let us know whether u r current or not and let's rejoice with u.May God be with us all.

Dear Friends,

the specified allocation cut off number for month of August is 32400 for Ethiopia, ginger now are you in the range? if not there is also one month is remaining for sure you will be current on September. Good luck!

Hi Helen,how is your interview preparation going?

Thanks friends I am finally Current

Dear Friends,

Thanks Fikaleb,
I am finally Current

For August, immigrant numbers in the DV category are available to qualified DV-2011 applicants chargeable to all regions/eligible countries as follows. When an allocation cut-off number is shown, visas are available only for applicants with DV regional lottery rank numbers BELOW the specified allocation cut-off number:

AFRICA:71,800;Except Ethiopia:32,400
ASIA:39,750
EUROPE:CURRENT;Except Uzbekistan:UNAVAILABLE
NORTH AMERICA(BAHAMAS):CURRENT
OCEANIA:CURRENT
SOUTH AMERICA,and the CARIBBEAN:CURRENT

Hey Ginger,Congratulation if your case number is not below 32,400 and if not,for sure it will be for the month of September.
Just let us know whether u r current or not and let's rejoice with u.May God be with us all.

Hi Helen,how is your interview preparation going?

Dear Fikalab,

I am waiting the medical result (now it is on 4 weeks of investigation) and I expect the result after 2 weeks. and I am preparing and thinking for the interview. Do you get your 2NL? Please try to finalize everything on hand early.

Thanks

Dear Fikalab,

I am waiting the medical result (now it is on 4 weeks of investigation) and I expect the result after 2 weeks. and I am preparing and thinking for the interview. Do you get your 2NL? Please try to finalize everything on hand early.

Thanks

Hi Helen
i have almost finished gathering all my documents but as u told me,to do the medical test i need my 2NL but i have not got it yet.
how many days did it take to deliver to your mail box in your case?as for me it has been more than 16 days since KCC dispatched it? May God be with us all.

Hi Helen
i have almost finished gathering all my documents but as u told me,to do the medical test i need my 2NL but i have not got it yet.
how many days did it take to deliver to your mail box in your case?as for me it has been more than 16 days since KCC dispatched it? May God be with us all.

Dear Fikalab,

On my case, I received the 2nd from post office exactly 17 days after I saw my CN is current on the Visa bulletin. if it is like me, now it is time to get your 2nd letter. In post office, U can give your mobile no. to the concerned officer to call to you whenever the mail reaches in U'r mail box. I gave my tel. no.,the officer called to me to pick the 2nd letter. May God be with us!

Dear Fikalab,

On my case, I received the 2nd from post office exactly 17 days after I saw my CN is current on the Visa bulletin. if it is like me, now it is time to get your 2nd letter. In post office, U can give your mobile no. to the concerned officer to call to you whenever the mail reaches in U'r mail box. I gave my tel. no.,the officer called to me to pick the 2nd letter. May God be with us!
My mail box is in the 4kilo branch and every morning when i go to office i always check my mail box along the way and i never got my 2nl yet and i think when they got the letter they will send it to EPS head office no.34 and that is even near to my office where i am working currently so as u suggest i will give my cell number to one of the officer in the no.34,thank you Helen.May god be with us.

Dear all
I have got two certificates,one is 10th Grade Leaving Certificate and the other is 12th Grade Entrance Certificate,on the paper that the embassy give says just authenticate your Academic certificate so am i expected to authenticate both or just the 12th Entrance Certificate.My other question is;it does not say anything about authentication of the high school transcript so am i also expected to authenticate that too? and as for the Medical and Police Certificate,what is the required picture sizes is it 5x5(American passport size) or 4x5 (Ethiopian passport size).Thank you

My mail box is in the 4kilo branch and every morning when i go to office i always check my mail box along the way and i never got my 2nl yet and i think when they got the letter they will send it to EPS head office no.34 and that is even near to my office where i am working currently so as u suggest i will give my cell number to one of the officer in the no.34,thank you Helen.May god be with us.

Hi Fikalab,

I received my 2nd letter from Gerji branch post office (my mail box is in Gerji). They will not send it to head office, you can receive your 2nd letter from 4 kilo branch. It is better to give your cell phone to 4 kilo branch Officers. May god be with us.

Dear all
I have got two certificates,one is 10th Grade Leaving Certificate and the other is 12th Grade Entrance Certificate,on the paper that the embassy give says just authenticate your Academic certificate so am i expected to authenticate both or just the 12th Entrance Certificate.My other question is;it does not say anything about authentication of the high school transcript so am i also expected to authenticate that too? and as for the Medical and Police Certificate,what is the required picture sizes is it 5x5(American passport size) or 4x5 (Ethiopian passport size).Thank you

Dear all

Hi Fikaleb,
1) I hope u r applying through your educational credentials. Are u going as a 10+3 or as a 12 complete student? What they need is a proof of either of the two and you need to authenticate the certificate which proves either of the two. What does a grade 12 entrance certificate mean? They need you to have completed grade 12 and taken the national exam.
2) I authenticated both the high school transcript and the ESLCE certificate but I think it suffices if you do it only for the grade 12 national certificate. The photo we used for medical and police was 5X5 cm.
Good luck.

Hi Fikaleb,
1) I hope u r applying through your educational credentials. Are u going as a 10+3 or as a 12 complete student? What they need is a proof of either of the two and you need to authenticate the certificate which proves either of the two. What does a grade 12 entrance certificate mean? They need you to have completed grade 12 and taken the national exam.
2) I authenticated both the high school transcript and the ESLCE certificate but I think it suffices if you do it only for the grade 12 national certificate. The photo we used for medical and police was 5X5 cm.
Good luck.
Hi Labora
Thanks for your prompt answer.Ya you r right i am qualified with education,i have got BSc degree,but i dont think they want us to authenticate our university degree which is not possible for the time being.but i have two national exam certificates one is the tenth Grade (EGSLCE=Ethiopian General School Leaving Certificate Examination) and the other is 12th Grade (EHEECE=Ethiopian Higher Education Entrance Certificate Examination) and i was wondering whether i should authenticate just the 12th one or both coz in the paper that i took from the embassy does not talk about the tenth one,it just says that we should authenticate our academic credentials,but a friend of mine was asked to show the tenth grade certificate and also his MSc degree when he had interview b4 the CO.so as u told me i think i need to authenticate my high school transcripts(one is 9th and 10th and the other is 11th and 12th) from my high school and Addis Ababa Education Bureau and i will authenticate my 12th grade certificate from MoE and MoFA and i think to be on the safer side i am should authenticate my 10th grade certificate atleat from MoE.May God be with us.

Hi Labora
Thanks for your prompt answer.Ya you r right i am qualified with education,i have got BSc degree,but i dont think they want us to authenticate our university degree which is not possible for the time being.but i have two national exam certificates one is the tenth Grade (EGSLCE=Ethiopian General School Leaving Certificate Examination) and the other is 12th Grade (EHEECE=Ethiopian Higher Education Entrance Certificate Examination) and i was wondering whether i should authenticate just the 12th one or both coz in the paper that i took from the embassy does not talk about the tenth one,it just says that we should authenticate our academic credentials,but a friend of mine was asked to show the tenth grade certificate and also his MSc degree when he had interview b4 the CO.so as u told me i think i need to authenticate my high school transcripts(one is 9th and 10th and the other is 11th and 12th) from my high school and Addis Ababa Education Bureau and i will authenticate my 12th grade certificate from MoE and MoFA and i think to be on the safer side i am should authenticate my 10th grade certificate atleat from MoE.May God be with us.

Hi Fikalab,

i don't have any knowledge about the new system of education, but what i did is i authenticated all my educational documents (ESLCE with Transcript , college diploma with transcript/grade report) i suggust, it might be good to authenticate from your maximum (in your case your degree with transcript) to the minimum requirement of Education for DV (complition of high school with transcript). I thought, when we fill EDV we tick univeristy degree/high school diploma or college/no degree and others and also on Form DSP 122 we already mentioned the details of our educational background i.e the embassy might need the proof of the education by supporting documents. this is just my suggestion. May God be with us!