• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv lottery 2011 from ethiopia

Hi all
Merry christmas and a happy new year to all of dv2011 winner. I wish the best for those who have interview date the last week of this year (labora2) and the fist week of the new year.
In the NAME OF THE GLORY JESUS
AMEN

Hi all
Merry christmas and a happy new year to all of dv2011 winner. I wish the best for those who have interview date the last week of this year (labora2) and the fist week of the new year.
In the NAME OF THE GLORY JESUS
AMEN
Thanks a lot, Okml. Your and my interview are only a few days apart. I trust God will lead us through the interview. I wish you and every other member of the DV forums a Merry X-Mass and a Happy New Year. I also wish you the very best interview experience and am sure you will come back to us with a broad smile. God help us all and good luck to all of us.

I got my Visa this week. I just want to know the job oportunities and other stuff I should do there. If by any chance anyone from the previous years dv winners read this please post your experience from there (USA).

Hi all,
Today was the interview date for me and my family. Beyond what I have ever imagined, my family was granted the visa without even a single question. My family has no words to thank God and dear forum members, please thank God for His deeds and unimaginable gifts. What is really amazing is that God just gives to everyone, good or bad. We are all His children and He loves us all despite our dirts. God, who has done for me and my family, will also do for you. Thanks God!!
Here is the story:
Our appointment was at the US embassy in Addis Ababa on December 27 at 8:00 am. Me, my wife and my two daughters (6 and 4 years old) reached at the embassy at 7:00 am when they just started to let people into the embassy's compound. They check the 2nd NL and passports of every family member at the gate.There is only one security check and after we passed that we gave our documents at a counter where they accept documents of DV winners (not other visa applicants.) We then sat at the waiting area and after about 20 minutes, DV applicants were told to come back in the afternoon at 1:00 pm for the interview. Before we left we were given a sheet of paper which serves as an ID for the afternoon session and also states that if for some reason the DV is denied, then we will not be given the application money back. We signed on that paper (a sort of consent paper) and went back home.
In the afternoon, we reached at the embassy at 12:30 pm and were admitted to the embassy. They checked the sheet of consent paper they gave us in the morning to let us in. We did that single security check and were given serial numbers and were made to sit at the waiting area. There were around 25-30 DV applicants for that afternoon. There are 15 windows where interviews are done but not all had consular officers. My family was called to one window at about 1:30 pm where we met a very nice Ethiopian gentleman who took our finger prints. He told us to pay $819 USD (13,550 Birr) for the primary applicant (my wife.) We did that, gave him the receipt and sat back at our chairs with our kids. Thirty minutes later, we were called to another window where there was an American gentleman. He saluted us and told my wife to sign at her DS 230 part II. He then asked her if she is ready to pay for all the family. She said 'yes.' He then gave her a sheet of paper with the amount of the money written on it and she went to pay at the cashier. I stayed with him. He then told me to sign my DS 230 part II and the DS 230 part II of my two daughters. He then just kept on arranging documnets separating the originals from the photocopies. He then told me that (even before my wife returned from the cashier) we will be collecting our visas from Abyssinia Bank in a week. He told me to pay 200 Birr for the agent of the bank at the gate of the embassy (50 Birr per head.) While returning our original documnets to me, he casually asked me where we will be going in the US and I told him the answer. That was it folks!! We just got our visas like that. When my wife got back from the cashier, he wished us a safe travel. We thanked him a lot and left. My wife, who is the primary applicant, was not asked even a single question. At the gate we met the agent from Abyssinia bank, paid 200 Ethiopian Birr, took receipts and got appointment for next Monday to take our visas from the bank. That was all!!!!
God has done a miracle for me and my family. I am short of words to thank him enough and again please thank Him for my family sake. I wish forum members who will go to the interview all the best. Thank you everyone for teaching me a lot of lessons through our discussions. I love you all and wish you happy endings in your dv processes. God be with all of us.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all,
Today was the interview date for me and my family. Beyond what I have ever imagined, my family was granted the visa without even a single question. My family has no words to thank God and dear forum members, please thank God for His deeds and unimaginable gifts. What is really amazing is that God just gives to everyone, good or bad. We are all His children and He loves us all despite our dirts. God, who has done for me and my family, will also do for you. Thanks God!!
Here is the story:
Our appointment was at the US embassy in Addis Ababa on December 27 at 8:00 am. Me, my wife and my two daughters (6 and 4 years old) reached at the embassy at 7:00 am when they just started to let people into the embassy's compound. They check the 2nd NL and passports of every family member at the gate.There is only one security check and after we passed that we gave our documents at a counter where they accept documents of DV winners (not other visa applicants.) We then sat at the waiting area and after about 20 minutes, DV applicants were told to come back in the afternoon at 1:00 pm for the interview. Before we left we were given a sheet of paper which serves as an ID for the afternoon session and also states that if for some reason the DV is denied, then we will not be given the application money back. We signed on that paper (a sort of consent paper) and went back home.
In the afternoon, we reached at the embassy at 12:30 pm and were admitted to the embassy. They checked the sheet of consent paper they gave us in the morning and our passports to let us in. We did that single security check and were given serial numbers and were made to sit at the waiting area. There were around 25-30 DV applicants for that afternoon. There are 15 windows where interviews are done but not all had consular officers. My family was called to one window at about 1:30 pm where we met a very nice Ethiopian gentleman who took our finger prints. He told us to pay $819 USD (13,550 Birr) for the primary applicant (my wife.) We did that, gave him the receipt and sat back at our chairs with our kids. Thirty minutes later, we were called to another window where there was an American gentleman. He saluted us and told my wife to sign at her DS 230 part II. He then asked her if she is ready to pay for all the family. She said 'yes.' He then gave her a sheet of paper with the amount of the money written on it and she went to pay at the cashier. I stayed with him. He then told me to sign my DS 230 part II and the DS 230 part II of my two daughters. He then just kept on arranging documnets separating the originals from the photocopies. He then told me that (even before my wife returned from the cashier) we will be collecting our visas from Abyssinia Bank in a week. He told me to pay 200 Birr for the agent of the bank at the gate of the embassy (50 Birr per head.) While returning our original documnets to me, he casually asked me where we will be going in the US and I told him the answer. That was it folks!! We just got our visas like that. When my wife got back from the cashier, he wished us a safe travel. We thanked him a lot and left. My wife, who is the primary applicant, was not asked even a single question. At the gate we met the agent from Abyssinia bank, paid 200 Ethiopian Birr, took receipts and got appointment for next Monday to take our visas from the bank. That was all!!!!
God has done a miracle for me and my family. I am short of words to thank him enough and again please thank Him for my family sake. I wish forum members who will go to the interview all the best. Thank you everyone for teaching me a lot of lessons through our discussions. I love you all and wish you happy endings in your dv processes. God be with all of us.

I know this would happen even if they asked u so many questions coz u were so prepared but
u got it with out so many questions.Be glory to God.u know what i heard from other guy too that
they dont ask so much questions here in ethiopia like they r doing to other africans.i wish u safe journey
and life in USA.

Fikaleb, what you said is true. Before the interview I also heard that the officers here in Ethiopia are not as tight. I have found that to be more than true. The only thing required is to satisfy the minimum dv requirements. That is it. I have taken a lesson that the officers are there to help us not to test us. They need to make sure that there is no forgery and they do that. Beyond that, the process is not compex at all. DV has simple but stric rules, as they say. I wish you and everyone else all the best in your upcoming interviews.

Bravo labora2,
wish ya a happy life in the feature
and hope you will be around in this forum even after you got to US.

Bravo labora2,
wish ya a happy life in the feature
and hope you will be around in this forum even after you got to US.

Hi gingerr, thanks a lot. I will be around and contribute as much as I can. I am indebted to these forums. They were my consultants whenever I was in need of something. Hopefully this year, Ethiopia will be current and we will hear ur success story. God be with u and good luck.

Hi all,
Here is the story:
In the afternoon, we reached at the embassy at 12:30 pm and were admitted to the embassy. They checked the sheet of consent paper they gave us in the morning and our passports to let us in. We did that single security check and were given serial numbers and were made to sit at the waiting area. There were around 25-30 DV applicants for that afternoon. There are 15 windows where interviews are done but not all had consular officers. My family was called to one window at about 1:30 pm where we met a very nice Ethiopian gentleman who took our finger prints. He told us to pay $819 USD (13,550 Birr) for the primary applicant (my wife.) We did that, gave him the receipt and sat back at our chairs with our kids. Thirty minutes later, we were called to another window where there was an American gentleman. He saluted us and told my wife to sign at her DS 230 part II. He then asked her if she is ready to pay for all the family. She said 'yes.' He then gave her a sheet of paper with the amount of the money written on it and she went to pay at the cashier. I stayed with him. He then told me to sign my DS 230 part II and the DS 230 part II of my two daughters. He then just kept on arranging documnets separating the originals from the photocopies. He then told me that (even before my wife returned from the cashier) we will be collecting our visas from Abyssinia Bank in a week. He told me to pay 200 Birr for the agent of the bank at the gate of the embassy (50 Birr per head.) While returning our original documnets to me, he casually asked me where we will be going in the US and I told him the answer. That was it folks!! We just got our visas like that. When my wife got back from the cashier, he wished us a safe travel. We thanked him a lot and left. My wife, who is the primary applicant, was not asked even a single question. At the gate we met the agent from Abyssinia bank, paid 200 Ethiopian Birr, took receipts and got appointment for next Monday to take our visas from the bank. That was all!!!!

Congratulationss, my family in Christ!!!
In fact, I'm tongue-tied, dumfounded and stunned! Yes, you had the favor of the Most High on your family. God, we're grateful to you. Thank you, Jesus. Peace! Benniit

that's great news, congrat labora2. I wish you all the best you and your family in USA in Jesus name.
mine will be next week and i pray God to cover me by his Grâce.

Thanks a lot, Benniit. I wish you the very best in your upcoming interview in February and am sure your testimony will not be different from mine. God be with you and good luck.

that's great news, congrat labora2. I wish you all the best you and your family in USA in Jesus name.
mine will be next week and i pray God to cover me by his Grâce.

Okml, thanks a lot. God for sure will cover you on next Monday and you will come here to tell us about the happy news. God be with you and good luck.

Big Congrate Labora2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ur interview was realy amazing and miraculous!! i thought the interview in general would be tougher at Us embassy of Addis.
to be very frank u deserve even for more ease of success!!! u were a true and vibrant member helping many people who wre in trouble in this forum.
God bless your future journey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Big Congrate Labora2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ur interview was realy amazing and miraculous!! i thought the interview in general would be tougher at Us embassy of Addis.
to be very frank u deserve even for more ease of success!!! u were a true and vibrant member helping many people who wre in trouble in this forum.
God bless your future journey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hi Kidame, thanks a lot. It has been a while since we last talked. The situation at the embassy in Addis is rather great. The people are very friendly, I mean all the Ethiopians and the Americans. They just want to make you feel at home. Other winners have also told me that their interviews were not that tight. How is your police certificate issue going? Hopefully everything will be ready for your interview. I wish God, who made me happy, to also make your wish come true. God be with you and good luck.

Hi everyone having the interview at the US embassy in Addis,
When you go to your interview at 1:00 pm in the afternoon, don't forget to take your ID with the appointment letter they give you in the morning. They want to check your ID at the gate as your passport has been kept with them in the morning. Good luck.

hi labora,is the interview hall open same as others or held in separate rooms for every applicants?
if it is open u must have seen somebody's interview so how was others interview,is it same as u or
they asked some details especially for couples.just tell us what u have seen.