• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv lottery 2011 from ethiopia

Hi fikaleb,
The police certificate costs only 10 birr per person. The medical costs 740 birr for an adult and 490 birr for a kid.
Regarding the affidavit of support, no one I know has ever been asked to show it at the US embassy in Addis. However, I have learnt from the threads of other countries that if you have a family, you may be asked about it. For this reason, I have already got it from a relative in the US (I-134 form for each family member, bank statement, employment letter and tax return of the last three years.) I just wanted to close every hole eventhough it most probably wouldn't be asked.
Thank you for your good luck wish and I wish you the same.

We r a family of two and does that mean our sponser should send I-134
one for my spouse and one for me or just one form for both of us?
and which hospital is better at addis ababa?
Thank You

We r a family of two and does that mean our sponser should send I-134
one for my spouse and one for me or just one form for both of us?
and which hospital is better at addis ababa?
Thank You

You need two I 134 forms, one for each of you. The same info is filled on both forms except for your and your spouse's name, age etc. We did our medicals at Cathedral clinic but I think all the four clinics and hospitals are the same and u can choose the one at ur convinience. Good luck.

2day is the 4th week since DHL confirmed delivery and signed by J Sutton so i sent KCC email of requesting
the receit of forms and return of 1st letter back to me i will post to the threads as soon as i got a response

Hi labora i just met a girl who lives in mekelle and a winner of dv 2011 and her case number is
9xxx,currunt for november and returned her forms at the begging of jun 2010 but she has not got
her 2nd NL yet and i told her to email them and she did last week but nothing so far.what do u advise her.
Good luck in ur interview again

Oh i have got another question.i read on one thread that if the Birth Certificate is recent they will ask some old documents
and i got mine two weeks b4 do u think and i dont have old documents.what do u think of such issues labora?

Oh i have got another question.i read on one thread that if the Birth Certificate is recent they will ask some old documents
and i got mine two weeks b4 do u think and i dont have old documents.what do u think of such issues labora?

Hi fikaleb,
1) Good you sent kcc the e-mail. Hopefully, something will come out of them.
2) Regarding your birth certificate, most Ethiopians don't process their formal birth certificates till they are faced with issues like the DV, scholarships and so on. I have never heard anyone being told to bring older documents to confirm their birthdates at the embassy in Addis. I don't think this will be an issue in Ethiopia. in other countries, there are a lot of frauds committed on DV processing, so the consular officers are very cautious.
3) If that girl from Mekele really sent her forms to kcc at the beginning of June and her case number is 9***, then her interview most probably has been scheduled for November or by the latest for December. She needs to call them (KCC,) and get her interview date. If her interview has already passed or if the remaining time before her interview is too short to complete her processes (medical...,) she has to contact the embassy (in person or by e mail or by phone) letting them know that she missed her interview date because she didn't get her 2nd NL on time. They would give her another appointment. I am afraid that she needs to do things fast to avoid further delay. She is already at risk of getting another appointment probably far in the fiscal year which has its own negative repurcussions. i wish her all the best and wish you a happy response this time from kcc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi fikaleb,
1) Good you sent kcc the e-mail. Hopefully, something will come out of them.
2) Regarding your birth certificate, most Ethiopians don't process their formal birth certificates till they are faced with issues like the DV, scholarships and so on. I have never heard anyone being told to bring older documents to confirm their birthdates at the embassy in Addis. I don't think this will be an issue in Ethiopia. in other countries, there are a lot of frauds committed on DV processing, so the consular officers are very cautious.
3) If that girl from Mekele really sent her forms to kcc at the beginning of June and her case number is 9***, then her interview most probably has been scheduled for November or by the latest for December. She needs to call them (KCC,) and get her interview date. If her interview has already passed or if the remaining time before her interview is too short to complete her processes (medical...,) she has to contact the embassy (in person or by e mail or by phone) letting them know that she missed her interview date because she didn't get her 2nd NL on time. They would give her another appointment. I am afraid that she needs to do things fast to avoid further delay. She is already at risk of getting another appointment probably far in the fiscal year which has its own negative repurcussions. i wish her all the best and wish you a happy response this time from kcc.
Hi labora2 thank u for ur prompt answer.The girl i told u called last night and told me that she got a reply from KCC but they told her
that her documents are already transfered to addis ababa enmbassy and should contact the embassy.they didnt emailed her
interview date so i told her to email them requesting her interview date and copy of her 2nd NL.from her talk i figured out that
the owner of the post box lied to her coz he dont want to give her the key when she asked him and i told her to go to the post
office with her Id.anyways she should contact the embassy regarding her case but unfortunetly i dont know the respective
email adrress and phone of the embassy so would u help giving the email or phone.May God be with her and wish u a successfull interview.

Hi labora2 thank u for ur prompt answer.The girl i told u called last night and told me that she got a reply from KCC but they told her
that her documents are already transfered to addis ababa enmbassy and should contact the embassy.they didnt emailed her
interview date so i told her to email them requesting her interview date and copy of her 2nd NL.from her talk i figured out that
the owner of the post box lied to her coz he dont want to give her the key when she asked him and i told her to go to the post
office with her Id.anyways she should contact the embassy regarding her case but unfortunetly i dont know the respective
email adrress and phone of the embassy so would u help giving the email or phone.May God be with her and wish u a successfull interview.
Hi fikaleb,
The e mail address of the US embassy in Addis is: pasaddis@state.gov
Their phone number is 0111242424.
Good luck to her.

Hi fikaleb,
The e mail address of the US embassy in Addis is: pasaddis@state.gov
Their phone number is 0111242424.
Good luck to her.
Thanks labora
Is this the rspective email adress coz i have sent an email b4 i filled the forms for some information with
this adress but they have not replied yet.i thought this one is not for DV case.anyways i will tell her to
use this one.

Hi labora
Good news she called me now and told me that she found her 2nd nl as i told u
it's the owner of the box problem he didnt pay his rent bill and he also didnt tell
her anything,amazzing.i will tell u her interview date when she tell me.

oh unfortunetly she told me just now that her interview schedule dated on december 15,2010.she also told me that
there is a phone number to contact she she is tring.May God be with her

oh unfortunetly she told me just now that her interview schedule dated on december 15,2010.she also told me that
there is a phone number to contact she she is tring.May God be with her

Hi fikaleb,
There is also another e mail: consaddis@state.gov but they didn't respond to my inquiry I sent with that address. Anyway, let her try every available means including going to the embassy personally. She has to tell them the reason and hopefully she gets another date. Today would have been her day to hear the good news, so unfortunate. God be with her.

Hi labora,2day i got a reply from KCC about my case number which says "the omission of ur case numer...."
but they have never replied to my request of receit of my forms and even to my last inquiry about the correction of
my forms.i think they r reluctant to give my case numbr back to me.u know what i have attached the official letter from the
ethiopian postal service with my forms i sent that states the return of the 1st letter back to KCC and if they received my forms they
should have seen it.
About the girl they have not replied her phone call yet and her email as well.May God be with us all.

Hi labora,2day i got a reply from KCC about my case number which says "the omission of ur case numer...."
but they have never replied to my request of receit of my forms and even to my last inquiry about the correction of
my forms.i think they r reluctant to give my case numbr back to me.u know what i have attached the official letter from the
ethiopian postal service with my forms i sent that states the return of the 1st letter back to KCC and if they received my forms they
should have seen it.
About the girl they have not replied her phone call yet and her email as well.May God be with us all.
Fikaleb,
KCC has not yet processed your form. They for sure have received it as confirmed by DHL but their response obviously shows that they need some more time. Give them a couple of weeks and contact them again. In the mean time, you need to check out your mail box once in a while. That girl should go to the embassy in person and contact them. Good luck to all of us.

Fikaleb,
KCC has not yet processed your form. They for sure have received it as confirmed by DHL but their response obviously shows that they need some more time. Give them a couple of weeks and contact them again. In the mean time, you need to check out your mail box once in a while. That girl should go to the embassy in person and contact them. Good luck to all of us.
I dont think so labora i think they wont tell me anything concerning my case if i dont have case number
i said this coz i got a reply for my request of receit and correction of my forms i sent last tuesday.and i
dont know what i should do next!
below is what i got

Reply |KCC DV to me
show details 10:12 PM (17 hours ago)

Thank you for your inquiry,

The omission of your case number on the forms will not affect the processing of your case. However, for security purposes, KCC cannot reveal any information regarding your case if you cannot provide all the required information of your full name, complete case number, and date of birth in the following format (MMDDYYYY).

I dont think so labora i think they wont tell me anything concerning my case if i dont have case number
i said this coz i got a reply for my request of receit and correction of my forms i sent last tuesday.and i
dont know what i should do next!
below is what i got

Reply |KCC DV to me
show details 10:12 PM (17 hours ago)

Thank you for your inquiry,

The omission of your case number on the forms will not affect the processing of your case. However, for security purposes, KCC cannot reveal any information regarding your case if you cannot provide all the required information of your full name, complete case number, and date of birth in the following format (MMDDYYYY).

Fikaleb,
This is what happened to most winners who learnt their winning via the entrant status check. Most of them have been repeatedly given the same answer you were given. Several of them, however, have been able to get their numbers after reapeted inquiries to kcc. One of these winners is Benniit who may give you additional info about it. KCC people are very busy with thousands of cases to handle and need some time to sort out things. I am sure u will finally get it. Good luck.

Hi labora i think ur interview date is this week so i wish u have a successful interview
and may God be with u and ur famillys too

Hi labora i think ur interview date is this week so i wish u have a successful interview
and may God be with u and ur famillys too

Hi fikaleb, we will have the interview next week. Thank you so much for your wish. I trust God will help us in our steps and all will just pass peacefully. I also wish you to succeed in your travel in this DV process. God be with all of us.

Hi Labora2
wish you good luck

Thanks a lot gingerr. Let God fulfill our inner most desires. I wish the visa bulletin bring u a happy news by announcing that Ethiopia will be current this fiscal year like the rest of Africa so that u would get ur interview. Good luck and God be with all of us.