• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv lottery 2011 from ethiopia

Thanks Kidame.
Sorry I wrote "2nd NL" in the first sentence of my last posting. I meant "1st NL."

Thanks Kidame.
Sorry I wrote "2nd NL" in the first sentence of my last posting. I meant "1st NL."

@Labora2, no need to worry kcc is sending 2NL this week for those who failed to send their visa application forms on time.
but are you prepared for the interview like medical and police Certificate.

Thanks Yohanus for the info.
I need to have my second letter to proceed with the medical check up and the police clearance. I am waiting for the second letter or at least the e mail confirmation of the interview date from kcc. As you said, I may have some info from kcc regarding the interview date in the coming days. Thanks a lot and good luck for all of us.

hello fellow ethiopians
this thread has stopped on 7th october and it must be continnuing like other countries do
so let's share our status and help each other as we do to our other lifes.
@labora2 how is ur preparation as u r having an interview late december,Good luck to u all

Last edited by a moderator:
hello fellow ethiopians
this thread has stopped on 7th october and it must be continnuing like other countries do
so let's share our status and help each other as we do to our other lifes.
@labora2 how is ur preparation as u r having an interview late december,Good luck to u all

Hi fikaleb, thanks for asking.
It is sad that there are no many Ethiopians participating in forums like these. I can't tell you enough how much I benefited by reading these threads. Regarding my case, I am almost through with the preparation. Police certificate, medicals and the gathering of other documents are almost done. With God's help, I hope things will turn out just fine. How about you? I think you are gonna e mail them tomorrow or the day after. Hopefully they will tell you that they have received your forms. You will definitely know about your case number in a couple of weeks after that. I wish you all the best.

hi labora,i already sent them on tuesday since that is the 14th day
after DHL confirmed and i think i should send them every 2 weeks
not to make them annoyed if i send sooner.bzw when i write my full name
what is the order?is it last first middle or like we used it here? GOODLUCK to ur interview,God be with u.thank u

hi labora,i already sent them on tuesday since that is the 14th day
after DHL confirmed and i think i should send them every 2 weeks
not to make them annoyed if i send sooner.bzw when i write my full name
what is the order?is it last first middle or like we used it here? GOODLUCK to ur interview,God be with u.thank u
Hi fikaleb,
You have to write your name in the order of grandfather, first second. If the name is Alemu Kebede Ayele, it is written as Ayele, Alemu Kebede. That is the way kcc writes the winner's name on the 1st NL and they want anyone communicating with them to write their names as written on the 1st NL. Thanks a lot for wishing me the best on my interview. Egziabher kehulachin gar yihun.

here is what the KCC replied to me,same as the previous ones

fromKCC DV <KCCDV@state.gov>

dateThu, Dec 2, 2010 at 6:59 PM
subjectRE: Please Help
mailed-bystate.gov

Thank you for your inquiry,

The omission of your case number on the forms will not affect the processing of your case. However, for security purposes, KCC cannot reveal any information regarding your case if you cannot provide all the required information of your full name, complete case number, and date of birth in the following format (MMDDYYYY).

Phone: (606) 526-7500
Email: KCCDV@state.gov

Any information in this transmission pertaining to the issuance or refusal of visas or permits to enter the United States shall be considered confidential under Section 222 (f) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) [8 U.S.C. Section 1202]. Access to and use of such information must be solely for the formulation, amendment, administration, or enforcement of the immigration, nationality, and other laws of the United States under INA 222(f) and as specified in FAM guidance. If you have received such information in error, do not review, retransmit, disclose, disseminate, use, or take any action in reliance upon this information, and contact the sender as soon as possible.

This email is Sensitive but Unclassified based on the definitions provided in 12 FAM 540.

Sent: Tuesday, November 30, 2010 3:56 AM
To: KCC DV
Subject: Please Help

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am one of the selected applicants of the 2011 Diversity Visa Lottery with the following details;
Confirmation Number: 20111XKYIZVxxxxx
Familly Name: xxxxxx
First Name : xxxxxxx
Middle Name: xxxxxx
Date of Birth: xxxxxx
I have sent my DS-230 and DSP-122 documets on 11-11-2010 and i want to know whether it is delivered to u or not but unfortunetly i dont have case number coz i was out of my city for field work by that time,and at the same time with coincidence the owner of the Post box was out of Ethiopia hence the Post office returned the 1st notification letter back to u on 09-15-2010 as a result i couldnt follow up my case so please help me by sending my case number either via my email or by the following P.O.box adrress.Please help me.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxx
Addis Ababa,Ethiopia
Phone:xxxxxxxxxxx

Thank you so much in advance

here is what the KCC replied to me,same as the previous ones

fromKCC DV <KCCDV@state.gov>

dateThu, Dec 2, 2010 at 6:59 PM
subjectRE: Please Help
mailed-bystate.gov

Thank you for your inquiry,

The omission of your case number on the forms will not affect the processing of your case. However, for security purposes, KCC cannot reveal any information regarding your case if you cannot provide all the required information of your full name, complete case number, and date of birth in the following format (MMDDYYYY).

Any information in this transmission pertaining to the issuance or refusal of visas or permits to enter the United States shall be considered confidential under Section 222 (f) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) [8 U.S.C. Section 1202]. Access to and use of such information must be solely for the formulation, amendment, administration, or enforcement of the immigration, nationality, and other laws of the United States under INA 222(f) and as specified in FAM guidance. If you have received such information in error, do not review, retransmit, disclose, disseminate, use, or take any action in reliance upon this information, and contact the sender as soon as possible.

This email is Sensitive but Unclassified based on the definitions provided in 12 FAM 540.

Sent: Tuesday, November 30, 2010 3:56 AM
Subject: Please Help

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am one of the selected applicants of the 2011 Diversity Visa Lottery with the following details;
Confirmation Number: 20111XKYIZVxxxxx
Familly Name: xxxxxx
First Name : xxxxxxx
Middle Name: xxxxxx
Date of Birth: xxxxxx
I have sent my DS-230 and DSP-122 documets on 11-11-2010 and i want to know whether it is delivered to u or not but unfortunetly i dont have case number coz i was out of my city for field work by that time,and at the same time with coincidence the owner of the Post box was out of Ethiopia hence the Post office returned the 1st notification letter back to u on 09-15-2010 as a result i couldnt follow up my case so please help me by sending my case number either via my email or by the following P.O.box adrress.Please help me.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxx
Addis Ababa,Ethiopia
Phone:xxxxxxxxxxx

Thank you so much in advance
Hi fikaleb,
I have replied to ur post in the other thread. Good luck.

hello house

I am new to this forum and i have questions.i have made some mistake on the following questions,can somebody help me pls

1.in DS-230 Q9 i cheked the box of married but i left the blank space empty "including present marriage,i have been married ....... times".
and i am married just once.is this wrong?

2.in DS-230 Q2 "if married woman,write ur maiden name".i answered N/A becoz in my country whether a woman is married or not she is alws called by her familly name not by her husband name and i write my maiden name in Q1.is it wrong answer?

3.in DS-230 Q31a "who will accompany u to the united sates now" i wrote my husbands full name but i am the derivatives not the principal.is it wrong too?

Pls tell me what i should do?

hello house

I am new to this forum and i have questions.i have made some mistake on the following questions,can somebody help me pls

1.in DS-230 Q9 i cheked the box of married but i left the blank space empty "including present marriage,i have been married ....... times".
and i am married just once.is this wrong?

2.in DS-230 Q2 "if married woman,write ur maiden name".i answered N/A becoz in my country whether a woman is married or not she is alws called by her familly name not by her husband name and i write my maiden name in Q1.is it wrong answer?

3.in DS-230 Q31a "who will accompany u to the united sates now" i wrote my husbands full name but i am the derivatives not the principal.is it wrong too?

Pls tell me what i should do?

Hi Bestjun,
1) For question 9, it would have been better if you filled "I have been married 1 time."
2) For the maiden name issue, I also filled N/A and asked kcc about it and they said it is okay. No problem with that.
3) It is correct that you filled the name of your husband as a person who will accompany you even if u are not the principal applicant. I also did the same and will have the interview this month. If you have children who will go with you to the US, you also need to fill their names after your husband name.
Therefore, you have done no wrong regarding #2 and #3 of your questions. For #1, you can write an e mail to kcc and inform them that you left the space blank by mistake and ask them to fill one (1) in that space for you. Mention which ds 230 (part I or II) and which question number you are referring to when communicating with them. Good luck.

Hi Bestjun,
1) For question 9, it would have been better if you filled "I have been married 1 time."
2) For the maiden name issue, I also filled N/A and asked kcc about it and they said it is okay. No problem with that.
3) It is correct that you filled the name of your husband as a person who will accompany you even if u are not the principal applicant. I also did the same and will have the interview this month. If you have children who will go with you to the US, you also need to fill their names after your husband name.
Therefore, you have done no wrong regarding #2 and #3 of your questions. For #1, you can write an e mail to kcc and inform them that you left the space blank by mistake and ask them to fill one (1) in that space for you. Mention which ds 230 (part I or II) and which question number you are referring to when communicating with them. Good luck.

hi labora2
thank you so much for the reply.it is a relef.

Hi Bestjun,

Oh labora i thought u were a boy and single but it turns out to be that u r a woman and married.since ur interview is late december and in case if u didnt see this b4, it might help u coz the interview is held at addis ababa.

Hello to everyone,
My wife and I had a successful interview at US Embassy in Addis Ababa for DV-2010. We would like to share it with you just incase it helps to get your visas if you are a married. Before what happened to the interview date I would like to give you some tips on what you should and shouldn’t do.
1. You have to read and prepare yourself in all the questions that may be asked in the interview if you are married. I pointed out some of the sites I have browsed and which gave us ideas to prepare everything about us.
• immihelp.com/greencard/familybasedimmigration/marriage-based-greencard-fraud-interview.html
• answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080213133116AAqSBv3
• greencardinterviewsecrets.com/green-card-interview-tips/
• svensual.com/wikas/#_Toc112952853
• ezinearticles.com/?Love-is-Not-Enough-to-Pass-the-Green-Card-Interview&id=3152921
• wiki.answers.com/Q/Does_anyone_have_a_list_of_questions_asked_during_ the_greencard_interview_for_marriage

Copy each url to your browser . Some of the sites are for Green card but similar to the one you will be asked for DV.
2. If you are applying DV to qualify with education. You must read and update yourself at least on preliminary courses you have taken on your major courses. They will definitely ask you two or three questions and you must answer that successfully. (only the primary applicant will be asked such questions)
3. Try to arrive at the Embassy in time for your interview. They may give you an appointment slip for 1 pm, but they start processing visas at 12:30 pm on you interview date.
4. Do not drop anything they give you (every slip, every receipt, every form) until you finish your process. They might ask you for it. You should also carry an ID with picture.
5. Don’t use your cell phone inside the Embassy. If you could, I prefer if you leave it at home so that you can only focus on your interview.
6. Don’t think the officers in the Embassy won’t mind whatever you wear on your interview date. It is a sign of respect to dress formal and please “don’t wear Jeans”
7. When the officer asks you and your spouse separately they might give you some clue that you have different answer from that of your spouse. If you are sure your answer are true explain to the officer, why you know more about the issue than your spouse, please don’t cover a lie with a lie, you will make them suspicious.
8. For the first time you face interviewing officer and when the decisive moment arrives, no matter how confident you are you will be scared, at least a bit. You must calm yourself down as much as possible not to look suspicious for no reason.
9. Before the interview date go to the embassy then ask the information desk or security officers what you have to do in the interview date and when you have to arrive on the interview date. In Ethiopia only the primary applicant is required to show up with all the necessary documents in the morning and the rest of your family could join you in the afternoon. But this might be changed and you must ask for yourself.
10. If your marriage is bona fide, you shouldn’t worry about your visas, always tell the truth, and never guess anything. If the officer asks you something difficult to remember in the past you may ask a moment to concentrate and recall the answer without leaving the officers window. Take only 3-5 seconds if you still couldn’t remember apologize and tell the officer you couldn’t remember. Maybe you can get away with this with only one question. Otherwise you will invite yourself more difficult questions on yourself.
11. Try to focus on what is going on there. Remember the Embassy is not a place for you to be shy or introvert. Even if, you haven’t seen a guy before the interview date try to be friends with them. If they are asked ahead of you ask them what difficult questions they face.
N.B: - Everything what I put in square brackets [ ] are suggestion not necessarily what you must do
- Everything what I put in parenthesis ( ) are translations
- Everything what I put in inverted commas ‘ ‘ are in reported speech
- All capital letters I have used are aliases to the real facts, names and addresses

Before the interview date
For about a week and half my wife and I prepare for the interview. We browsed the entire sites about the interview and we list down all facts about us on paper. On the day before the interview we tried to focus and discuss on all those activities we did, what we ate, what other activities we did and when the time for each activity was. Because our house is far from the Embassy we rented a room from the near by Hotel. So that we can concentrate on the interview than to worry about the traffic jams between our house and the Embassy. At night we revise everything and went to sleep at 10 pm.
On the interview date
We got up 2 am in the morning. I keep reading on the material I had on my field of study and my wife keep praying for our God to be with us. Finally, at 5 am we dressed up and prayed together for one last time before leaving the room. By the time we arrived at the Embassy at about 5:30 am there were around six people were ahead of us we gave the greetings and joined the line. The security officers made us to form a line across the road and at about 7:30 am one of them returned and he count the first ten people and told us to cross the road and pass through the first security check. On the outside waiting chairs they told us to sit on separate rows from that of non-immigrant visa requesters. Our interview date was on Monday and the janitors hadn’t arrived yet the waiting chairs were so dirty. [It may be better if you carry a tissue paper with you]. They gave us a folder to put our entire document in and it has instructions in it the order of document arrangement and to put all the individuals document on the respective passport. [Before the interview date you should make all your documents photocopied and for your marriage license make two copies and arrange them as original and photocopies behind and attach them with paperclips if you could. Also attach your 5x5 two photos with paperclips in front of your respective passports]. I submitted the folder with our documents to the front desk officer and she gave me a green appointment slip to come back at 1 pm in the same date and a consent form to be signed that I won’t ask the Embassy, about my visa payment even if it is not issued to me. She also told me to come back at 1pm with 10,500 birr for each of my family members. I thanked the officer and we went back to our hotel at around 9 pm. We have our breakfast there, we changed our formal wear and watch some TV show then we left our stuff in the reception and back to the Embassy at 11:30 pm. When we got there we met two couples. The first ones are a little bit older couples with three girls and the other couples were young and with no kids, they are more like us. We prefer to spend more time with the young couples to share some ideas we know. During our talk I have realized that their marriage is bona fide but I really doubt that they spent even an hour to discuss about the interview. They told us the interview is going to be easy if our marriage is the real one and not to worry about it. Then a security officer come to us and told us to enter to the Embassy. After the first security check we sat on the morning waiting chairs for few minute and they let us in to the Embassy. We gave the front desk officers our appointment slip and our ids. Then they let us pass to consular office through the second security check at around 12:30 pm. In the Embassy they took mine and my wife’s finger print for the first time at window number 2. It was a male, by birth Ethiopian, officer and he was so funny. He gave me back all those my work experience letters and said, since you are applying dv to qualify with education they don’t need experience letters. He requested for the signed consent form that I took in the morning and gave me a payment slip and to comeback after paying the specified amount the first 10,440 birr. I did what the officer told me and gave him back the receipt and the slip back. He told me to sit and wait for my name to be called.
In the mean time those older couple with their three girls called for interview and everybody in the waiting chair was praying for them to succeed and they did succeed. I got up from my chair and hugged the husband and shook the wife’s hand to congratulate them. They were so happy and filled with tears of joy in their eyes. I told them I am so happy for them and their kids and they were so happy because the got someone to celebrate with.
I can’t tell you what happened to the younger couples we met before, because their interview hadn’t started till ours finished.
Interview

Part I
We both called at window 9 for the interview.
Officer: ‘Selam walachu’ (Good afternoon in our language)
I and my wife: ‘Egziabher yemesgen’ (replied for the greeting)
Officer: ‘She told us to put my hands on the finger screen and took my prints then my wife’s’
Officer: Who is the person you filled that you intend to go in US.
I: He is my wife’s relative
Officer: What is the relationship?
My wife: ‘She told the officer what the relationship is’
Officer: Request my wife to leave the window wait downstairs. [My wife does what she is told]

Part II
Officer: What is the highest level of education you completed?
I: I have a degree in XX subject from ZZ University.
Officer: What is YY in your field of study?
I: ‘I know well about the question then gave the officer an explanation for it.’
Officer: What is RR in your field of study?
I: ‘That was something I never expected to be asked. It is not full but I gave the officer an explanation for it.’ [I think the officer is satisfied about my knowledge about my field of study, she no more asked me about it]
Officer: Where do you met your wife
I: I met my wife in the campus, when we were students.
Officer: Do you live with your wife
I: I don’t
Officer: Can you explain why
I: We used to live together after graduation for X year and due to my work address has been shifted we live separately since then.
Officer: For how long have you lived together and for how long do you depart
I: ‘I told her for how long it was for each of it.’
Officer: Where does your wife work?
I: She work for A agency in M town
Officer: What is your religion?
I: I am a Christian of Y church
Officer: What about your wife
I: She is Christian of Y church too.
Officer: Where do you celebrate the last Easter
I: We celebrate together in the house I live in
Officer: Is anyone celebrated with you at that time
I: No one celebrated with us
Officer: Do you go to church on that Easter
I: We usually go to church but for Easter we don’t
Officer: What did you have for dinner last night?
I: Shiro (Ethiopian local souse)
Officer: When did your wife came here from town M
I: [At first I couldn’t remember what day it was, since it was a near past I couldn’t replied to the officer I don’t remember. I asked her if she can give me a moment to recall. She allowed me. Then I count the date back with some event I remember and I replied to the officer]. It was on Tuesday
Officer: ‘She called my wife’s name on the mick and she made me wait on the window till she arrive’

Part III
Officer: Have you completed your high school
My wife: Yes
Officer: What is the highest level of education you have completed?
My wife: A degree n XX course
Officer: From which institute
My wife: From ZZ University
Officer: Where do you met with your husband
My wife: In campus
Officer: Where does your husband work?
My wife: ‘She told her the agency I work for’
Officer: Does your husband work in M town
My wife: No, he works here
Officer: For how long do you and your husband lived together and depart
My wife: We lived together for F years together and before we got married we departed for G years and H years after we got married. [My wife gave the officer unnecessary information, instead of telling the total year she separated it into two, and confused the officer]
Officer: Have you celebrated the last Easter with your husband
Officer: Where
My wife: Here in our house
Officer: Is anyone celebrated with you
My wife: No one
Officer: Did you go to church in the last Easter
My wife: I don’t remember
Officer: Do you go to church on the other Sunday
Officer: Where do you go usually?
My wife: At Y church in some address U
Officer: When do you come here?
My wife: On Tuesday
Officer: What did you have for diner last night?
My wife: Enjera with shiro wot (local bread and local souse)
Officer: She called my name and window number to come
Part IV
Officer: From your response. You said you departed this but your wife replied that.
I: ‘I explained to the officer what my wife meant by that and how it is similar to the one I answered before’
Officer: When was the last time your wife visited your parents
I: She visited them around January or at the end of December
Officer: When was the last time you visited your wife’s parents
I: Three weeks ago
Officer: When do you got married
I: In 200X with some traditional wedding. [Which was the truth and we tried to grab all pictures and DVD of the wedding ceremony, but the officer didn’t ask for it and I didn’t mention I had it with me]
Officer: Why do you wait so long to license your marriage?
I: Because, this DV process came us and we know we need some legal document to show for you. [This was the truth again. I never hesitated to tell the officer the truth, though I don’t like testifying we got our certificate for DV. When I was talking this the officer was observing me and she is pretty much convinced I was telling the truth.]
Officer: Do you have brother and sister
I: Yes, one brother and one sister
Officer: Does your wife has brother and sister
I: Yes, one brother and one sister too
Officer: Is she the oldest, the youngest or middle child
I: She is the youngest and I am the middle child
Officer: Where do your parents live?
I: In town called N
Officer: Where do your brother and sister live?
I: In town N
Officer: Where do your wife’s parents live?
I: In town called M
Officer: Where do your wife’s brother and sister live?
I: In town M

Part V
Officer: When was the last time your husband visited your parents
My wife: Three weeks ago and he stayed there for a week
Officer: When was the last time you visited your husband’s parents
My wife: On December
Officer: When do you got married
My wife: In DD/MM/200X. [The officer picked up our marriage license and looked for the wedding date]
Officer: Why do you wait so long to license your marriage?
My wife: Because in our country people usually got married with traditional wedding
Officer: Do you license your marriage for DV
Officer: What do you know about your husband’s family?
My wife: He has one brother and one sister
Officer: Is he the oldest, the youngest or middle child
My wife: He is the middle child
Officer: Where do your parents live?
My wife: In town called M
Officer: Where do your brother and sister live?
My wife: In town M
Officer: Where do your husband’s parents live?
My wife: In town called N
Officer: Where do your husband’s brother and sister live?
My wife: In town N
Officer: You have paid only for your husband processing and you can now pay for your processing too. ‘Then she gave my wife a payment slip.’

Part VI
I and my wife: We pay the specified amount another 10,440 birr. [ In the meantime it was the first time we met after the interview and we were discussing about my wife’s response on the number of years we separately lived and how the officer was confused really bad; being on the cashier’s desk. We never thought she could hear us, but the cashier heard and she was laughing on our discussion.]
Cashier: ‘She took our payment and gave us back the payment slip with receipt’
I and my wife: ‘We thanked the cashier and gave the officer what the cashier gave us’
Officer: ‘She gave us a green appointment letter and all the original documents. She told us we can come and collect our visas on the next Thursday 1:00 pm’
I and my wife: Enameseginalen (It means thank you in our language)
Officer: Minem Iydel (Never mind)
I and my wife: We went to our hotel’s reception and took our stuff and went back to our home.
About the Embassy
From the security guards to the final interviewing officer they were so polite and helpful. Even though our interviewing officer was a Caucasian female American she speaks very well Amharic and there was no language barrier. At first I had a though time explaining the first questions she asked about my field of study in my language, then I asked the officer to speak in English and I made most of my interview in that. If you face the same problem I did, use English.
Purpose of this diary
I spent hours to write this notes to you with all good intensions. I never meant to help in anyways those fake marriages to win the interview, but to help those really married couples from failing due to information gap. My wife and I didn’t have a marriage license till we won DV, we live in separate towns, we fill the second DV form as we live separately, and we don’t have kids to convince the consular officers.
We paid for those DV consultants for advice about our status, but they told us with our information, the odds of getting visa is nearly 0%, that at least we shouldn’t have filled the second form as we are currently living in different address.
You should get our experience for granted, don’t lie on you interview and don’t cheat on your documents. With good preparation and help of the Almighty God you will get your visa. If you are planning to get involve in a fraudulent marriage please ask yourself over and over ‘Why taking chance to be bound from getting to America for the rest of your life?’ If you think you can get away with it, read my interview again see how smart the officers are in their cross examination.
I wish you good luck with all my heart.

hi labora again
yesterday i emailed to KCC and 2day they replied but didnt reply to my requiest of receit of my forms so do u think that it is safe to send my correction b4 i get receit confirmation? below is what i get from them

Thank you for your inquiry.

It is acceptable to use correction fluid to correct mistakes made while completing your forms. If you have detected an error on a form you have already submitted, you can send the corrected information to KCC through regular mail. If there are more than one or two minor corrections, you may submit a corrected copy of the forms. You can use photocopied forms or you can download them from http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/forms/forms_1342.html.

Sent: Tuesday, December 07, 2010 3:40 AM
Subject: Mistake on my DS-230 Form

Dear Sir/Madam

I realized that i made a mistake on my DS-230 Part I Form so shall i email u the mistake now or after i got
confirmation of receit of my Forms.

Full Name:xxxx,xxxx xxxxxxxxx
Confirmation Number:20111XKYIZV6xxxx
Date of Birth:xxx-xx-xxxx
Case Number:unknown yet

Thank You so much.

Hi fikaleb,
1) I am married and I am the husband. The maiden name issue was for my wife, not for me. I was just putting my self in her place.
2) Thank you very much for posting the interview at the US embassy in Ethiopia. I have read it before at another thread and found it very detailed and useful. It would have been great if there were more such testimonies from Addis Ababa, but unfortunately that is the only one I have come across. With God's help I hope to post my positive experience at the embassy soon.
3) Regarding the receipt of your forms, I think you should e mail them again. It seems that they have been busy explaining to you how to correct errors committed in filling forms and forgot the issue of the receipt of your forms. E mail them again asking them about it and your case number. They will respond to you. Good luck.

hi labora2
thanks for the reply and i have got another questions for u again
i have read on addis ababa US embassy website that sponsor is not needed does that mean we r not
expected to bring affidavit of support b4 the interview?
i also want to know the price of police certificate and the medicals.May God be with u in the interview

hi labora2
thanks for the reply and i have got another questions for u again
i have read on addis ababa US embassy website that sponsor is not needed does that mean we r not
expected to bring affidavit of support b4 the interview?
i also want to know the price of police certificate and the medicals.May God be with u in the interview

Hi fikaleb,
The police certificate costs only 10 birr per person. The medical costs 740 birr for an adult and 490 birr for a kid.
Regarding the affidavit of support, no one I know has ever been asked to show it at the US embassy in Addis. However, I have learnt from the threads of other countries that if you have a family, you may be asked about it. For this reason, I have already got it from a relative in the US (I-134 form for each family member, bank statement, employment letter and tax return of the last three years.) I just wanted to close every hole eventhough it most probably wouldn't be asked.
Thank you for your good luck wish and I wish you the same.

C. ADVANCE NOTIFICATION OF THE DIVERSITY (DV) IMMIGRANT CATEGORY RANK CUT-OFFS WHICH WILL APPLY IN FEBRUARY

For February, immigrant numbers in the DV category are available to qualified DV-2011 applicants chargeable to all regions/eligible countries as follows. When an allocation cut-off number is shown, visas are available only for applicants with DV regional lottery rank numbers BELOW the specified allocation cut-off number:

Region All DV Chargeability Areas Except Those Listed Separately
AFRICA 26,100 Except: Egypt 20,200
Ethiopia 15,000
Nigeria 12,100
ASIA 14,850
EUROPE 17,600
NORTH AMERICA (BAHAMAS) 7
OCEANIA 810
SOUTH AMERICA, and the CARIBBEAN 900