• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv lottery 2011 from ethiopia

For March, immigrant numbers in the DV 2011

Ethiopia 18,650
CONGRAT TO ALL !!

That is so wonderful. The number has gone up by 1700 from last year's. This year, with the help of God, Ethiopia is going to be current in September 2011 and everybody who won the lottery will have the chance to be called for the interview. God help us all and good luck everyone. Meseret, your sister is current for March and your wish is gonna be true, Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hii i need some help realllllly bad..okay so i just turned 20 and my boyfriend wants to help me get my green card he was born here ..we been together since we were both 16 but im a year older then him hes 19 . He been arrested before but that was when he was under 18 and i think the charges drop ..he works but he don't pay tax he work under the books he works with someone that he know can we still get married and can he still do the paper works with out any problems or there would be problems because he been arrested and dnt pay tax??????

Hello friends;

I have some question regarding my DV 2011 visa processing. My questions are:

1. What additional documents (beyond passport and birth certificate) should my family (my son (age 2) and my wife) provide during the interview?
2. Is medical examination needed for all of us? what about police certificate?
3. Can I start processing police certificate and medical examination result before I receive the 2nd NL?
4. Is it possible to process police certificate through a representative (having given him/her all the needed documents?
5. What is really contained in the 2nd NL?

Looking forward to hear from you guys!

Hi inalotoab,
Congrats that u r current for March. For ur questions:
1) Your wife and your son need their passports, birth certificates and two DV size photographs for each of them. Your wife also needs a police certificate. Remember that you need to get a photocopy for every document except for the police certificate. Full name should be written at the back of every photograph.
2) Medical exam is needed for all of you including your son. You will get the details if you call one of the four clinics in Addis. Police certificate is for you and ur wife only.
3) 2nd NL is needed for both the medicals and the police certificate. This rule is strict for the medicals while the police certificate may also be done with your first NL. In Ethiopia, police certificate takes only one day and the clinics complete your check up so as it would be ready for ur interview. Both of them don't take time. your son will be seen in one of the clinics with you and he will be sent to IOM to do a TB skin test (TST) which needs 72 hours to be read. Medicals cost 740 birr for an adult and 490 birr for a child. The TST takes 130 birr for ur son. Police certificate takes 10 birr per person.
4) you and ur wife need to give your finger prints at the federal police office in Addis to process ur police certificates. This means that you need to be present physically at the police.
5) The second NL is a two page document which contains the name of the principal applicant plus the date, time and place of the interview on the first page and the names of beneficiaries (eligible family members of the principal applicant) on the second page. On the first page it also clarifies that good preparation is needed for the interview according to what has been written on page 4 of the dvselectee.state.gov website.
That is all and good luck.

Hii i need some help realllllly bad..okay so i just turned 20 and my boyfriend wants to help me get my green card he was born here ..we been together since we were both 16 but im a year older then him hes 19 . He been arrested before but that was when he was under 18 and i think the charges drop ..he works but he don't pay tax he work under the books he works with someone that he know can we still get married and can he still do the paper works with out any problems or there would be problems because he been arrested and dnt pay tax??????
Hi Prettyme,
Are you talking about DV or other immigrant visa categories? Is your boy friend currently in the US? If he is in the US and if he is the one petitioning an immigrant visa for you, he needs to send you his tax return papers for the last three years with his bank statements, employment letter and other related documents. This looks to be a problem for his case, uh! This is even without considering his arrest case. If it is a DV case, it is different and needs another talk. Anyway, this forum is a DV forum and if your case is not related with DV, I think you would get a better advice in other forums which deal with your kind of cases. Best wishes and good luck.

Hi inalotoab,
Congrats that u r current for March. For ur questions:
1) Your wife and your son need their passports, birth certificates and two DV size photographs for each of them. Your wife also needs a police certificate. Remember that you need to get a photocopy for every document except for the police certificate. Full name should be written at the back of every photograph.
2) Medical exam is needed for all of you including your son. You will get the details if you call one of the four clinics in Addis. Police certificate is for you and ur wife only.
3) 2nd NL is needed for both the medicals and the police certificate. This rule is strict for the medicals while the police certificate may also be done with your first NL. In Ethiopia, police certificate takes only one day and the clinics complete your check up so as it would be ready for ur interview. Both of them don't take time. your son will be seen in one of the clinics with you and he will be sent to IOM to do a TB skin test (TST) which needs 72 hours to be read. Medicals cost 740 birr for an adult and 490 birr for a child. The TST takes 130 birr for ur son. Police certificate takes 10 birr per person.
4) you and ur wife need to give your finger prints at the federal police office in Addis to process ur police certificates. This means that you need to be present physically at the police.
5) The second NL is a two page document which contains the name of the principal applicant plus the date, time and place of the interview on the first page and the names of beneficiaries (eligible family members of the principal applicant) on the second page. On the first page it also clarifies that good preparation is needed for the interview according to what has been written on page 4 of the dvselectee.state.gov website.
That is all and good luck.

Thanks labora2 for your satisfying response. God bless you!
Just to be clear, so I don’t need request letter (letter requesting that the investigations are needed for purpose) from the embassy or KCC to go with to Federal police and Clinic. It is the 2nd NL that serves this purpose, Am I right? Another thing, how long the 2nd NL takes to arrive from the time the CN is announced to be current?

Thanks fikaleb!

I am an ethiopian, my interview will be in Addis. Hereunder is my detail:

CN: 2011AF00017***
NL Dated:22 April 2010
NL Rcvd:5 May 2010
Forms Sent to KCC: 31 May 2010
KCC Receipt: 2 June 2010
2nd Letter Received: waiting
Police Cert. Started:waiting
Medical: waiting
Interview Date: waiting

hi,labora has given u detail answer and i hope it helps u.

Thanks labora2 for your satisfying response. God bless you!
Just to be clear, so I don’t need request letter (letter requesting that the investigations are needed for purpose) from the embassy or KCC to go with to Federal police and Clinic. It is the 2nd NL that serves this purpose, Am I right? Another thing, how long the 2nd NL takes to arrive from the time the CN is announced to be current?

yes u right it is the 2NL.they send the 2NL 4 to 6 weeks prior to your interview date but the delivery date depends on the country.since u r current for march u can contact KCC either via email(kccdv@state.gov) or phone((606) 526-7500)requesting your interview date after jan 16,2010.

yes u right it is the 2NL.they send the 2NL 4 to 6 weeks prior to your interview date but the delivery date depends on the country.since u r current for march u can contact KCC either via email(kccdv@state.gov) or phone((606) 526-7500)requesting your interview date after jan 16,2010.

Thanks a lot fikaleb!!

Is the address below the right address to secure a police certificate? I also heard from a friend that it is located near immigration office, not Mexico square at stated below. Which is the right one?

Ethiopian Federal Police Commission's office complex near Mexico Square
Ethiopian Federal Police Commission Forensic Investigation Department
P.O. Box 80358
Addis Ababa
Ethiopia

Telephone: 251-11-5512744
251-11-5518000
Ask for Investigation Sector Forensic
Federal Police

? is it true the quicker you send the better. if that true my sister she send it back to kcc in GINBOT!!

yes it is true but depends on the case number.if the case number is low and sent back the forms to kcc sooner u will have your interview soon,look labora's case number it is only 5xx and he was current for October but he had his interview in December coz he sent his forms to kcc at the end of jun,though it is not his fault.had he sent the forms in may or april he would have had his interview in October.but for those high case numbers like your sister's doesnt matter whehter it is in jun or April but off course it should be sent soon to be on the safe side.it takes 2 to 3 months after it is delivered for kcc to process one's case so it is better to send soon

Hi Inalotoab,
You can't do your medicals without the second letter. If your 2nd NL is delayed, you can then contact kcc to send you the soft copy of the 2nd NL which you print and use in your processes. As u are current for March, you will receive ur 2nd NL around the first or the second week of February. Regarding the police certificate, u may use ur first NL to do it. I know someone who did it with his first 1st NL. There is no letter that either the embassy or kcc will write testifying that you are gonna have an interview. That is done only through the 2nd NL. You have enough time, so take it easy and wait for your 2nd NL. If you don't get it on time, you will get it from kcc by e mail. Regarding the interview, please forward any specific questions u have and we will discuss it on the threads as there are also other well experienced members who can teach us all. Good luck.

Is the address below the right address to secure a police certificate? I also heard from a friend that it is located near immigration office, not Mexico square at stated below. Which is the right one?

Ethiopian Federal Police Commission's office complex near Mexico Square
Ethiopian Federal Police Commission Forensic Investigation Department
P.O. Box 80358
Addis Ababa
Ethiopia

Telephone: 251-11-5512744
251-11-5518000
Ask for Investigation Sector Forensic
Federal Police

The current address is not at the federal police office at Mexico square. It is at their office near Black lion hospital. You will get it when you go along the way that leads from immigration office to Merkato. Good luck.

The current address is not at the federal police office at Mexico square. It is at their office near Black lion hospital. You will get it when you go along the way that leads from immigration office to Merkato. Good luck.

Thanks Labora2!

Hello friends,

Is the visa to be offered (in Dv) a one entry visa? plz answer with elaboration, if possible.

Thanks

Ur question is not clear to me.

I mean how many times I can enter US with the visa I will be getting through DV. B/c I am planing to go to US twice with that visa, once myself for a short stay (5 days conference in April), and another with my family after finishing all preparation in here, to live in there.

I mean how many times I can enter US with the visa I will be getting through DV. B/c I am planing to go to US twice with that visa, once myself for a short stay (5 days conference in April), and another with my family after finishing all preparation in here, to live in there.

No problem brother,u will have 6 months after u got your visa so in those times u can fly to USA any time.but don't forget to have the envelope,that they will give u with your visa,when u go for the first time.