• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv lottery 2011 from ethiopia

Thank you for your inquiry.

Your forms have been received and are acceptable for the continuation of your visa processing. KCC is currently scheduling visa numbers for your region for the month of April below 22,150. If your case number is current and has completed processing, KCC will send a notification letter to you via postal mail. Please refer to the visa bulletin at www.travel.state.gov to locate the current numbers being processed. This bulletin is updated after the 15th day of each month.

Any information in this transmission pertaining to the issuance or refusal of visas or permits to enter the United States shall be considered confidential under Section 222 (f) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) [8 U.S.C. Section 1202]. Access to and use of such information must be solely for the formulation, amendment, administration, or enforcement of the immigration, nationality, and other laws of the United States under INA 222(f) and as specified in FAM guidance. If you have received such information in error, do not review, retransmit, disclose, disseminate, use, or take any action in reliance upon this information, and contact the sender as soon as possible.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Labora thank u for your help all this time.do u think my case number will be called b4 september?
i think by now u might be on your way to US,Bon Voyage brother

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi fikaleb,

Congrats, I am happy for you. Hope you will be current before the end of the fiscal year. This year, unlike previous years, looks remarkable for many of us in Ethio.

Hi Labora thank u for your help all this time.do u think my case number will be called b4 september?
i think by now u might be on your way to US,Bon Voyage brother

Hi Fikaleb, sorry for being late. I have been so busy getting my things ready for the trip. I and my family have arrived very safe in the US the day before yesterday and everything has been so great so far, thanks God.
I am really happy that u got ur case number. Last year, Ethiopia was the only country which was not current (Winners with higher case numbers were not called for the interview) in September 2010. All winners in all other countries have been called for the interview.This year, case numbers are being called for interview faster in Ethiopia (almost a 3000 difference from the same time last year.) I have the feeling that this may even accelerate in the coming months and I hope Ethiopia will be current at the end of the fiscal year. The coming visa bulletin will say a lot regarding this and we have to wait for it. As to me, from the way things are going currently, you will be current in September (or even August) this year. God help all winners from Ethiopia with high case numbers to be called for the interview. I wish u all the best and God be with u.

Hi Fikaleb, sorry for being late. I have been so busy getting my things ready for the trip. I and my family have arrived very safe in the US the day before yesterday and everything has been so great so far, thanks God.
I am really happy that u got ur case number. Last year, Ethiopia was the only country which was not current (Winners with higher case numbers were not called for the interview) in September 2010. All winners in all other countries have been called for the interview.This year, case numbers are being called for interview faster in Ethiopia (almost a 3000 difference from the same time last year.) I have the feeling that this may even accelerate in the coming months and I hope Ethiopia will be current at the end of the fiscal year. The coming visa bulletin will say a lot regarding this and we have to wait for it. As to me, from the way things are going currently, you will be current in September (or even August) this year. God help all winners from Ethiopia with high case numbers to be called for the interview. I wish u all the best and God be with u.

Good to hear that u arrived safely.i hope i will be current in august if not in july if it goes with such pace

Yes, I have received it some three weeks ago; and almost everything is ready now ..I am waiting for the interview date which will be in mid March.

Hi Labora2
That's good news you and your family arrived safely. Thank God and Good luck in your usa life

welcome to usa Labora2 and congrat fikaleb
2011 af #166//
2nd letter recieved feb 7
interview march 19

hello gingerr just write an e-mail (KCCDV@state.gov) to KCC asking for your interview date and they will give you the reply you need. But i dont think your case numeber will be current in the may cutoff.

does any one know May cut-off number for Ethiopia?

Hi Ginger,i think it will be out after march 10.so u and me should wait patiently hoping Ethiopia will be current on September.i hope we will be current even b4 sept.May God be with us all

Hi Ginger,i think it will be out after march 10.so u and me should wait patiently hoping Ethiopia will be current on September.i hope we will be current even b4 sept.May God be with us all

Hi Fikaleb,
I believe things will be good for Ethiopia this year, and we will get a chance for the interview,
I saw from other country forum, some have learned May cut-off number,any how fingers crossed it will be a big jump

cheers

For May, immigrant numbers in the DV category are available to qualified DV-2011 applicants chargeable to all regions/eligible countries as follows. When an allocation cut-off number is shown, visas are available only for applicants with DV regional lottery rank numbers BELOW the specified allocation cut-off number:

Region All DV Chargeability Areas Except Those Listed Separately
AFRICA 42,000 Except: Egypt 31,200
Ethiopia 26,200
Nigeria 15,450

ASIA 23,500
EUROPE 27,800
NORTH AMERICA (BAHAMAS) 12
OCEANIA 1,175
SOUTH AMERICA, and the CARIBBEAN 1,150

ADVANCE NOTIFICATION OF THE DIVERSITY (DV) IMMIGRANT CATEGORY RANK
CUT-OFFS WHICH WILL APPLY IN MAY

For May, immigrant numbers in the DV category are available to qualified DV-2011 applicants chargeable to all regions/eligible countries as follows. When an allocation cut-off number is shown, visas are available only for applicants with DV regional lottery rank numbers BELOW the specified allocation cut-off number:
Region All DV Chargeability Areas Except Those Listed Separately
AFRICA 42,000

Except: Egypt 31,200
Ethiopia 26,200
Nigeria 15,450
ASIA 23,500
EUROPE 27,800
NORTH AMERICA (BAHAMAS) 12
OCEANIA 1,175
SOUTH AMERICA, and the CARIBBEAN 1,150

Hi ginger i think we will be currunt on jun or to the maximum on august accordint to the cut off number Pogress.May God be ith us