• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV - disqualified, but still asked to go for an interview

After being Denied on DV lottery, whats the risk to visit US with B1/B2 visa?
Any aspect regarding Dual intend presumption?
THAnk You

After being Denied on DV lottery, whats the risk to visit US with B1/B2 visa?
Any aspect regarding Dual intend presumption?
THAnk You

Serch, you are making multiple posts under other peoples posts. Please make your own and wait for a reply, that is forum courtesy.

Q

helllo,
im selected for dv lottery 2014 and had already 3 child but was not listed on original entry form i think that was optionel i just put my spouse please what do think? i stop the procusse of just play my chance!!

thank you advance

Pedro

helllo,
im selected for dv lottery 2014 and had already 3 child but was not listed on original entry form i think that was optionel i just put my spouse please what do think? i stop the procusse of just play my chance!!

thank you advance

Pedro

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. Listing your children on the eDV application was/is NOT optional. It is a mandatory requirement if you have children. I am very convinced your case will be disqualified based on this. Not unless you want to continue processing without listing your children which, if successful for now, will lead to a major problem down the road for you once it's discovered that your GC was fraudulently obtained!

yes this is my first dv lottery and i think that is optionel.. so i wil not fraud im not interessed just my question what can do.. send the forms for all family membre with correct information of send mail on kcc of stop to playing for this time?

How could he switch to AOS if he is outside the US?

Well.. in my honest opinion your chances are low. There were many cases when ppl were denied because of the kid not included in initial application (unless it was born after the selection). Another weird thing is, that they want you to come to the interview alone. Your kids, since they are under 14, dont have to attend the interview but what about your wife?

Where do you get this info that children under 14 do not have to attend the interview? I know this is true for B1/B2 but our 2nd NL says all people listed on the application must attend.

yes this is my first dv lottery and i think that is optionel.. so i wil not fraud im not interessed just my question what can do.. send the forms for all family membre with correct information of send mail on kcc of stop to playing for this time?

It doesn't matter that it's your first entry or that you were not intending fraud. The instructions are very clear that you must include all your children.

It's pointless asking us what you should do at this stage, since you're very convinced listing the children at the eDV stage was optional.

I haven't accused you of being fraudulent by not including your children at the eDV stage. I however wrote that if you decide to process your application without listing them, and you succeed at this stage, if they later come to find out that you had children and did not list them, your GC will be taken away as it will be considered to have been fraudulently obtained! However, if you list them now on the forms you're sending to KCC, the visa will not be issued either!

Before completing the forms is that beter can i write to the KCC to clarified the situation and see their opinions
what think you to do

thank's for help

Before completing the forms is that beter can i write to the KCC to clarified the situation and see their opinions
what think you to do

thank's for help

They will point you to the DV instructions which say:

Failure to list all children who are eligible will result in disqualification of the principal applicant and refusal of all visas in the case at the time of the visa interview.

http://travel.state.gov/pdf/DV_2014_Instructions.pdf

It's absolutely beyond me how you thought this was optional. Why didn't you read the instructions?

Last edited by a moderator:
It's absolutely beyond me how you thought this was optional. Why didn't you read the instructions?

I keep asking that very same question :( I can't imagine the feeling of being selected and having situation like this - unfortunately, there are many similar cases in all regions (the most recent one I found about is the opposite situation - listing the "wife" but not being married).

I doubt the USCIS will deny the application for your husband and yourself because they won't have any information about your child.

If one day you want to get a GC for your child you would have a bit of a battle because of the lie, but it sounds like that isn't a concern for you anyway.

I doubt the USCIS will deny the application for your husband and yourself because they won't have any information about your child.

If one day you want to get a GC for your child you would have a bit of a battle because of the lie, but it sounds like that isn't a concern for you anyway.

You think? Don't you think one of the most basic background checks they do is running the applicant through to pick up marriages, children etc? I guess it depends on the country but from what I've been told this does happen. I know of a case in my country where 2 children from a previous marriage were not listed and they were found out and the visa denied.