• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2025 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Process Only

Mom , why ? I cannot have two immigration status but since Asylum pending is not status , having TPS status won’t be considered as having dual status and it won’t affect my AOS . Would it ? Please enlighten me
Since you filed for asylum first, when your current valid status as a visitor expires your new status will be asylum pending, even if you now file for TPS before your current valid status expires. So when you subsequently file for AOS, you will be submitting your application as asylum pending, unless you plan on waiting for TPS approval before filing for AOS.

My recommendation re withdrawing the asylum application is to ensure you roll into TPS pending (as against asylum pending) following the expiration of your current valid status and when you subsequently file for AOS. However, if you prefer, you can go ahead and keep the asylum application in addition to filing for TPS before filing for AOS, your call.

Mom I appreciate your given dedication in assisting me . However , my Asylum is life and death situation because I could not go back to my country . I will see my options with pending asylum. figures crossed, Thank you for your time, I will see you with other tipis of questions dear

Hello everyone, help me since I probably have a non-standard situation.

1) received approval for asylum (i'm asylee now) in January 2024. I have a wife (she is not included in my asylum case) and she has a separate case for political asylum that is pending (no interview yet). She and I got married in couple days after I had an asylum interview (in 2022), but before the final decision (01/24).

2) 2 days ago I found out that I also won the lottery (after 15 times lol). In 2023 when I filled out the form for a green card, I indicated her as my wife.

I know that I can get a green card through political asylum or through the lottery.

Question: what is the easiest way for both of us to get green cards (let me remind you that my wife is in pending status and I have asylee status (I received approval for political asylum after the interview)? Asylum or DV lottery?

Thank you

Last edited:
Hey everyone! My fiance got selected for the 2025 DV lottery for Asia with a pretty high case number (CN-13XXX range), but we have a situation where he was arrested in 2023 for a drug-related charge, but the charge was dismissed and it was expunged. What are the chances that it might be approved in our case? I would really appreciate any experiences you may know of where it was approved

We plan to get married before filing the DS-260

Hello everyone, help me since I probably have a non-standard situation.

1) received approval for asylum (i'm asylee now) in January 2024. I have a wife (she is not included in my asylum case) and she has a separate case for political asylum that is pending (no interview yet). She and I got married in couple days after I had an asylum interview (in 2022), but before the final decision (01/24).

2) 2 days ago I found out that I also won the lottery (after 15 times lol). In 2023 when I filled out the form for a green card, I indicated her as my wife.

I know that I can get a green card through political asylum or through the lottery.

Question: what is the easiest way for both of us to get green cards (let me remind you that my wife is in pending status and I have asylee status (I received approval for political asylum after the interview)? Asylum or DV lottery?

Thank you
The fastest way for you, the main selectee, will be through DV (depending on how high your CN is and it becoming current) considering DV cases have just one year for completing the process. Asylum based AOS could most likely take longer than that. As for your wife, I'm not quite sure about her eligibility to file for or be approved for AOS if she currently has no other valid status outside of her pending asylum.

Hey everyone! My fiance got selected for the 2025 DV lottery for Asia with a pretty high case number (CN-13XXX range), but we have a situation where he was arrested in 2023 for a drug-related charge, but the charge was dismissed and it was expunged. What are the chances that it might be approved in our case? I would really appreciate any experiences you may know of where it was approved

Is your fiance currently based in the US?

The fastest way for you, the main selectee, will be through DV (depending on how high your CN is and it becoming current) considering DV cases have just one year for completing the process. Asylum based AOS could most likely take longer than that. As for your wife, I'm not quite sure about her eligibility to file for or be approved for AOS if she currently has no other valid status outside of her pending asylum.
I have CN ***5700 or something like that

As for your wife, I'm not quite sure about her eligibility to file for or be approved for AOS if she currently has no other valid status outside of her pending asylum.

Yes, this is the most important part of the question.

Yes, He's an F1 student on OPT right now. Going to apply for STEM OPT soon
If the charge was dismissed, then I think he stands a chance of approval. He will of course need to disclose the arrest and subsequent charge on his I-485, and will also need to obtain all the relevant arrest/charge/court documents and submit them with his application.

If the charge was dismissed, then I think he stands a chance of approval. He will of course need to disclose the arrest and subsequent charge on his I-485, and will also need to obtain all the relevant arrest/charge/court documents and submit them with his application.
Thank you! That gives us some hope. So while filling out the DS-260, I'm assuming the answers to the following questions need to be "Yes", is that right?

1715015634408.png

Thank you! That gives us some hope. So while filling out the DS-260, I'm assuming the answers to the following questions need to be "Yes", is that right?

View attachment 4683
The answer to the first question needs to be a YES based on the information you've shared.

As for the second one, I cannot advice on that as I'm unable to make a determination (since I have no access to his record) as to if he could be considered to have violated, or engaged in a conspiracy to violate any law relating to controlled substance - you can either consult with an immigration lawyer on this, or make your own determination based on the details of the case.

The answer to the first question needs to be a YES based on the information you've shared.

As for the second one, I cannot advice on that as I'm unable to make a determination (since I have no access to his record) as to if he could be considered to have violated, or engaged in a conspiracy to violate any law relating to controlled substance - you can either consult with an immigration lawyer on this, or make your own determination based on the details of the case.
Thank you for all your help!

Do I understand correctly that you were talking about the same cases here as my case?

Thanks and I appreciate!