• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2024 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Process Only

Hi @Sm1smom. My sponsor for the I-134 form informed me that he would personally send the completed form and supporting documents to my USCIS lockbox. Would it create any issues if I send my I-485 form separately to the same lockbox, or must I include both the I-134 and I-485 forms in the same package?

Just a general info, so someone on here chose No to the public charge question, he just got his interview done yesterday and his selection didn’t cause any problems. His application was approved.
I'm surprised the IO did not ask that person to update their response to that question when they came in for the interview - let's hope for the sake of this person, this does not turn out to be an issue when if/when they apply for naturalization) .

We have documented reports of past selectees (who originally submitted their I-485 with a NO response to that question) who were either asked to update the response to that question at the time of the interview; or asked to re-submit that section of the I-485 with that information updated; or received a RFE for an updated response - (this last one was in situations for a waived interview - and this is actually documented on the 2023 Timeline spreadsheet and the DV Unique Tracker spreadsheet by the way)

Hello, my spouse and I were F-1 students and we won a green card through the DV lottery. We applied for both I-485 (adjustment of status) and I-765 (work authorization). My work permit was approved on April 11, but my spouse is still waiting. The issue is, on February 6, 2024, they requested an RFE (Request for Evidence) for updated marriage proofs, evidence of physical attendance at schools, and transcripts. We submitted our response to the RFE on March 21, but there is still no reply. We are concerned because there is a deadline for the DV lottery winners; we need to have received our cards by October this year. Additionally, when we check the USCIS case tracker, USCIS, and Lawfully, there is no mention of the RFE; it only shows that our biometrics were taken. Is anyone else in the same situation?
It is not unusual to not see any update following biometrics completion until the case is adjudicated. If you could add your case progress to the 2024 Timeline spreadsheet in use in this forum, that would be great.

Hi @Sm1smom. My sponsor for the I-134 form informed me that he would personally send the completed form and supporting documents to my USCIS lockbox. Would it create any issues if I send my I-485 form separately to the same lockbox, or must I include both the I-134 and I-485 forms in the same package?
The I-134 and the applicable supporting documents are required to be submitted together with the I-485 form itself. The Lockbox folks will most likely shred any separately received documentation not accompanying the actual form they're being submitted in support of. You can imagine the headache trying to match supporting documents to forms/applications separately received would be for them, if everyone where to do as described above.

Hello Mom and Fellow AOSers,

We had our interview today. We reached 15 mins before the interview. We were scheduled for 1 pm, but the officer only got to us at around 1:20 ish. We were interviewed separately. The ISO was young, and serious.

My file was already on his desk. My photo was still in the same ziplock bag that I sent in (lol).

After I took the oath, he asked me for my ID, passport, i94. and birth certificate. Then he asked ALL the questions in the i485. He asked to see my social, and then the I20s. He asked about if I was still employed, and where. He asked about my last two addresses, and the professional organizations and emphasized on if any of the organization was military related. He then proceeded to ask the yes/no questions. He made a note in the i485 about detention question and wrote 'traffic' after he asked what was I detained for.

He asked my spouse about our child, and if she was born after we entered the DV.

He asked to see if there is anything I would like to add, to which I said the latest tax filing document and pay stubs. He said he didnt need that but later wanted to see the IRS return, and then he returned it to me after a quick glance.

The whole interview was about 10-15 mins for me, and the same for my wife. He didnt ask for any DV related documents.

He seemed to NOT have gone through my file in detail beforehand. He kept on asking if I had submitted i693 while filing, and if it is in my file. Same for my I20s as well, along with my highschool and other diplomas. He wanted to see if there was an updated enrollment verification, and literally asked if I was maintaining my status since filing i485. I thought it was a moot point, but I still said nothing has changed, and I am still in school with F1 status.

And in the end of the interview, he asked if I had any questions. I asked if he had the KCC file, to which he had no clue what I meant, and instead asked me what it was!! He then showed me a one page file that was from KCC that had our info, and this is what he had recieved from the State.

He then gave me a slip that said 'held for review, interview is complete' paper and said to wait while he reviews the case further. He told me the slip says either more info might be needed, or a different interview (to which he said, " oviously doesnt seem to be the case"). I kindly reminded this being a DV case is time sensitive, to which he acknowledged that he is aware of the deadline, and added that last time he checked visas were available.

He handed the same slip to my wife, and said to wait for the decision (didnt say what the decision was) in about 2-3 weeks.

Overall, the interview went smoothly. Now we WAIT. :) :)

Thank you mom for all your help, you have been a godfind in this process, and I was able to get through the whole process just through your guidance. Cant thank you enough. May god bless you and your family.

We had our interview today. We reached 15 mins before the interview. We were scheduled for 1 pm, but the officer only got to us at around 1:20 ish. We were interviewed separately. The ISO was young, and serious.

My file was already on his desk. My photo was still in the same ziplock bag that I sent in (lol).

After I took the oath, he asked me for my ID, passport, i94. and birth certificate. Then he asked ALL the questions in the i485. He asked to see my social, and then the I20s. He asked about if I was still employed, and where. He asked about my last two addresses, and the professional organizations and emphasized on if any of the organization was military related. He then proceeded to ask the yes/no questions. He made a note in the i485 about detention question and wrote 'traffic' after he asked what was I detained for.

He asked my spouse about our child, and if she was born after we entered the DV.

He asked to see if there is anything I would like to add, to which I said the latest tax filing document and pay stubs. He said he didnt need that but later wanted to see the IRS return, and then he returned it to me after a quick glance.

The whole interview was about 10-15 mins for me, and the same for my wife. He didnt ask for any DV related documents.

He seemed to NOT have gone through my file in detail beforehand. He kept on asking if I had submitted i693 while filing, and if it is in my file. Same for my I20s as well, along with my highschool and other diplomas. He wanted to see if there was an updated enrollment verification, and literally asked if I was maintaining my status since filing i485. I thought it was a moot point, but I still said nothing has changed, and I am still in school with F1 status.

And in the end of the interview, he asked if I had any questions. I asked if he had the KCC file, to which he had no clue what I meant, and instead asked me what it was!! He then showed me a one page file that was from KCC that had our info, and this is what he had recieved from the State.

He then gave me a slip that said 'held for review, interview is complete' paper and said to wait while he reviews the case further. He told me the slip says either more info might be needed, or a different interview (to which he said, " oviously doesnt seem to be the case"). I kindly reminded this being a DV case is time sensitive, to which he acknowledged that he is aware of the deadline, and added that last time he checked visas were available.

He handed the same slip to my wife, and said to wait for the decision (didnt say what the decision was) in about 2-3 weeks.

Thank you mom for all your help, you have been a godfind in this process, and I was able to get through the whole process just through your guidance. Cant thank you enough. May god bless you and your family.
Thank you for thorough briefing.. Is it important to maintain a valid status after the I-485 has been submitted (my status is going to expire before my interview happens. I have submitted a extension request few months ago.). I thought i need to maintain a valid status till I-485 is submitted.

Last edited:

He then gave me a slip that said 'held for review, interview is complete' paper and said to wait while he reviews the case further. He told me the slip says either more info might be needed, or a different interview (to which he said, " oviously doesnt seem to be the case"). I kindly reminded this being a DV case is time sensitive, to which he acknowledged that he is aware of the deadline, and added that last time he checked visas weravailable.

Thanks for the update!
@rondon

Any questions about page 20 (i-485) ??
(No signed and no dated page 20)

Last edited:
Hello. Does USCIS consider the income shown on W-2s and tax transcripts from the previous year, or do they look at current income? My sponsor's income was much lower last year compared to their current, significantly higher salary.

Thank you for thorough briefing.. Is it important to maintain a valid status after the I-485 has been submitted (my status is going to expire before my interview happens. I have submitted a extension request few months ago.). I thought i need to maintain a valid status till I-485 is submitted.
I dont think it would be necessary to maintain status aftet filing, but if it gets rejected we might not have a valid status to fall back on. Good luck!

Apologies for asking so many questions. Most of the documents listed in the spreadsheet don't apply to my sponsor as he is a business owner (self-employed) and doesn't have a W-2.
What supporting documents are enough for the I-134 form in this case?

Great de-brief.

1. Is it common for candidates to be split up during the interview?
2. Does every applicant (including children) need to attend the interview? Just asking cause I know for non-immigrant visa's they don't require the children to attend consulates.

We have submitted extension requests for our 3 kids (I-539) as we don't know when the interview will be scheduled for. As long as the extension request was submitted BEFORE and RECEIVED by your I-94 expiry date, then USCIS gives 240 days while the application is pending. This is a good document: https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/document/guides/C1en.pdf

If the AOS gets denied, then you don't have a status to fall back on. In your situation, I think you would then need to wait to see what USCIS decide about your extension request.

Congrats on coming this far and thanks for the detailed update. Fingers crossed, you’ll get the CPO update pretty soon.

Hello. Does USCIS consider the income shown on W-2s and tax transcripts from the previous year, or do they look at current income? My sponsor's income was much lower last year compared to their current, significantly higher salary.
While past year’s income may be looked at to establish a trend, more weight is accorded to the current year’s income.

Apologies for asking so many questions. Most of the documents listed in the spreadsheet don't apply to my sponsor as he is a business owner (self-employed) and doesn't have a W-2.
What supporting documents are enough for the I-134 form in this case?
Form 1099.

Great de-brief.

1. Is it common for candidates to be split up during the interview?
2. Does every applicant (including children) need to attend the interview? Just asking cause I know for non-immigrant visa's they don't require the children to attend consulates.
1. Not unusual.
2. Plan on attending the interview with your children unless your IL says otherwise. As for children not being required to attend NIV interviews, I’ll have to say it really depends on the embassy and the specific type of NIV being applied for. I know of several B1/B2 interviews where children were required to be in attendance at the time of the interview.

1. Not unusual.
2. Plan on attending the interview with your children unless your IL says otherwise. As for children not being required to attend NIV interviews, I’ll have to say it really depends on the embassy and the specific type of NIV being applied for. I know of several B1/B2 interviews where children were required to be in attendance at the time of the interview.
Thanks and good point. I know in Sydney, they explicitly said not to bring kids to the consulate for our E3 appointment.

Hi Everyone,
My CN has not been current yet but I want to visit a Civil Surgeon, and I am in the process of filling I-693. Should I complete the A- Number and USCIS online account number (Par 1-F and E)? I do not have these yet.

Hi Everyone,
My CN has not been current yet but I want to visit a Civil Surgeon, and I am in the process of filling I-693. Should I complete the A- Number and USCIS online account number (Par 1-F and E)? I do not have these yet.
You can add them to the form if you currently have both numbers, or leave blank if you do not.