• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2023 Oceania Winners

Sil2022

Hi all I created this thread for the dv2023 Oceania selectee my boyfriend won this year after applying for the first time case 2023OC18xx…..write down below the thread if your a winner and your case no#

Hi there, my partner and I both entered (my 8th time entering and his first). He was selected and I wasn't haha uncanny.

He is 1100 so a pretty good number I think, as it's not too soon for interviews but not too high a case number right?

Hi there, my partner and I both entered (my 8th time entering and his first). He was selected and I wasn't haha uncanny.

He is 1100 so a pretty good number I think, as it's not too soon for interviews but not too high a case number right?
I already won last year and have an interview next week….

CONGRATULATIONS! We unfortunately...again have been unsuccessful. We are already living in Virginia, USA, but was hopeful for a change of status. Oh well that's the way the cookie crumbles. See everyone else in November, Good luck to those who were successful.

Has anyone successfully completed their DS-260? I’ve started mine and have been constantly saving it but now every time I try to complete it, the site shows the message “Your request cannot be processed at this time”

Has anyone successfully completed their DS-260? I’ve started mine and have been constantly saving it but now every time I try to complete it, the site shows the message “Your request cannot be processed at this time”
Sorry all good, just watched BritSimons latest YouTube video and he says it’s a common issue due to the systems being overwhelmed

Sorry all good, just watched BritSimons latest YouTube video and he says it’s a common issue due to the systems being overwhelmed
This happens every year, the system gets overloaded and crashes. No need to submit your DS260 now anyway, especially with your case number, plus submitting a DS 260 declares immigrant intent, good for a Green Card, but if for whatever reason you decide not to pursue the Green Card, and at a later date you apply for a non immigrant visa, such as a tourist, DOS may refuse you on the basis that you once filed a DS 260.

As for submitting a DS 260, that CEAC site was always booting me off, usually after 5 minutes even when I was typing, I'd click save and it would just take me back to the log in page. Usually I found I'd get 2 to 3 successful saves, and after that it would take me back to login and wouldn't save anything I had entered from the last save, quiet frustrating, especially when I had to enter address details for about 20 different addresses.

Also make sure you have JavaScript enabled, if you disable some answer boxes on some of the questions disappear.

Unfortunately when JavaScript is enabled you can't paste data into some of the answer boxes, i had entered the data on a word doc where it would not boot me off so I could then paste it into some of the answer boxes on the DS 260 and the DS 260 wouldn't allow me to do it.

Also, for anyone meant to be interviewed in Sydney who requires an AFP police certificate, do NOT order option code 35, even though it seems the most appropriate one to get. The Sydney consulate's reciprocity page specifically states which option code to order, option 32 or 33 by memory.

Finally when you get to the last page on the DS 260 and it asks you to enter your case number to submit, make sure you remove all the leading zeros from your case number, so if your case number is 2023OC00000123, you enter 2023OC123.

Good luck, I hope the DV 2023 selectees have a smoother ride than the DV 2022 selectees have had.

--------------------------
2022OC5XX
1NL received 9 May 2021
DS 260 submitted 2 November 2021
No documents requested or submitted
Ready to be scheduled for interview 24 December 2021
Current as of 1 January 2022
2NL received 19 April 2022

This happens every year, the system gets overloaded and crashes. No need to submit your DS260 now anyway, especially with your case number, plus submitting a DS 260 declares immigrant intent, good for a Green Card, but if for whatever reason you decide not to pursue the Green Card, and at a later date you apply for a non immigrant visa, such as a tourist, DOS may refuse you on the basis that you once filed a DS 260.

As for submitting a DS 260, that CEAC site was always booting me off, usually after 5 minutes even when I was typing, I'd click save and it would just take me back to the log in page. Usually I found I'd get 2 to 3 successful saves, and after that it would take me back to login and wouldn't save anything I had entered from the last save, quiet frustrating, especially when I had to enter address details for about 20 different addresses.

Also make sure you have JavaScript enabled, if you disable some answer boxes on some of the questions disappear.

Unfortunately when JavaScript is enabled you can't paste data into some of the answer boxes, i had entered the data on a word doc where it would not boot me off so I could then paste it into some of the answer boxes on the DS 260 and the DS 260 wouldn't allow me to do it.

Also, for anyone meant to be interviewed in Sydney who requires an AFP police certificate, do NOT order option code 35, even though it seems the most appropriate one to get. The Sydney consulate's reciprocity page specifically states which option code to order, option 32 or 33 by memory.

Finally when you get to the last page on the DS 260 and it asks you to enter your case number to submit, make sure you remove all the leading zeros from your case number, so if your case number is 2023OC00000123, you enter 2023OC123.

Good luck, I hope the DV 2023 selectees have a smoother ride than the DV 2022 selectees have had.

2022OC5XX
1NL received 9 May 2021
Hey mate,

Great info! I read on previous posts that people posted to Sydney were being transferred to Suva, Fiji as the office was closed or at least not processing visas. This message is still on their website.

Did you have any troubles being interviewed in Sydney?

Hey mate,

Great info! I read on previous posts that people posted to Sydney were being transferred to Suva, Fiji as the office was closed or at least not processing visas. This message is still on their website.

Did you have any troubles being interviewed in Sydney?
The Sidney consulate has been closed for the best part of the last 18 months, first due to the city of Sydney COVID lockdown from June to October 2021, then because they are moving to new premises, which is still under construction (internally).

I was meant to be interviewed at Sydney, as is anyone residing in Australia, KCC will automatically assign your case to Sydney, even if you request another consulate in your DS 260.

I reached out to a number of embassies in January this year when my case became current trying to transfer my case, most, including Auckland and Suva, refused to accept My case, however PNG agreed, but only if KCC agreed and I stayed in PNG for as long as my case took to be decided, which could be months if it went into AP. KCC refused to transfer.

Then in March this year Suva began offering interviews to those meant to be interviewed at Sydney, so i jumped at the chance, i fly over there soon. Suva is even offering to return your passport to you if your case goes into AP so you can fly back to Australia, then post your passport back to Suva.

Are you meant to be interviewed in Sydney?
2022OC5XX
1NL received 9 May 2021

The Sidney consulate has been closed for the best part of the last 18 months, first due to the city of Sydney COVID lockdown from June to October 2021, then because they are moving to new premises, which is still under construction (internally).

I was meant to be interviewed at Sydney, as is anyone residing in Australia, KCC will automatically assign your case to Sydney, even if you request another consulate in your DS 260.

I reached out to a number of embassies in January this year when my case became current trying to transfer my case, most, including Auckland and Suva, refused to accept My case, however PNG agreed, but only if KCC agreed and I stayed in PNG for as long as my case took to be decided, which could be months if it went into AP. KCC refused to transfer.

Then in March this year Suva began offering interviews to those meant to be interviewed at Sydney, so i jumped at the chance, i fly over there soon. Suva is even offering to return your passport to you if your case goes into AP so you can fly back to Australia, then post your passport back to Suva.

Are you meant to be interviewed in Sydney?
2022OC5XX
1NL received 9 May 2021
This is really helpful, thank you.

Yeah just won the 2023 and got posted to Sydney, so no interview yet per se but I've read lots are having issues.

Based on your experience, what do you think's the best way to move forward? Wait until current, then email Suva (or KCC?) for a transfer, or wait until interview is scheduled then request a transfer (if that's possible)?

This is really helpful, thank you.

Yeah just won the 2023 and got posted to Sydney, so no interview yet per se but I've read lots are having issues.

Based on your experience, what do you think's the best way to move forward? Wait until current, then email Suva (or KCC?) for a transfer, or wait until interview is scheduled then request a transfer (if that's possible)?
You should wait for that as Suva allowance applicants for on dv2022 not dv2023….if Sydney would still continue to not process dv cases only than they will intervene but u should atleast send them an email in advance just so that if they do allow again you would be the first in line….