• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2023 Oceania Winners

yes iam done with my interview early this morning. Everything went smoothly. i have also confirmed with the embassy if they received my police clearance prior my interview. medical examination result was with me which i took along with me today.

The interviewing officer congratulated me and gave me a receipt which heading was your immigrant visa application is approved .

she took our passport and returned all original document.

only documents checked were BC,Marriage certificate and main applicant highest qualification.

FEW QUESTIONS ASKED
were you married before
do you have any other children from your any other marriages
what have you studied.

Aww Congratulation !Looking forward to my interview in the next two weeks ..God Bless

Can somebody please explain how did you prove "Secondary School" certificate in Fiji is equivalent to "High School" certificate for qualification purposes?

Bula everyone

Im having my interview on 10th august 2023.i have prepared everything as per the checklist.

finally almost 2 yrs of wait is coming to an end.

i wish to know if only the main applicant will be interviewed or the derevatives as well will be questioned.

any other suggestions are welcom that can help me in my interview at Suva embassy or anyone here who can share their recent experience with Suva branch.

the forums is very helpful and i thank everyone here. your help for the interview will be appreciated.

ranjita
You and the derivatives should be prepared for the interview.

1 week left for my journey out to the consulate.
From the bottom of my heart, best wishes and luck to everyone with an interview scheduled from here on. Godspeed

1 week left for my journey out to the consulate.
From the bottom of my heart, best wishes and luck to everyone with an interview scheduled from here on. Godspeed
Good luck!! 10 days until my Interview in Auckland. I was happy to see yesterday's CEAC data update only jumped from 46,000 to 47,400 visas issued so fingers crossed there will be visas left for us. Just praying they will be happy with all my documents and not put me into AP/221g. I have been very thorough so hopefully it goes smoothly.

Good luck!! 10 days until my Interview in Auckland. I was happy to see yesterday's CEAC data update only jumped from 46,000 to 47,400 visas issued so fingers crossed there will be visas left for us. Just praying they will be happy with all my documents and not put me into AP/221g. I have been very thorough so hopefully it goes smoothly.
Visas won't run out in August. September is where the crunchtime will hit - and either they exceed the cap or cancel appointments and/or refuse to allocate visas to 221g

Can somebody please explain how did you prove "Secondary School" certificate in Fiji is equivalent to "High School" certificate for qualification purposes?
I'm still going to be interviewed, but that was a hard one to research. We are in Brazil, my husband's family in Samoa accidentally misplaced his original certificate so we got a letter from the Samoan Dept of education to say that he got his PSSC certificate and had the letter shipped over here. That might be a good idea as a supporting document if you have your certificate in hands.

BUT more to your question, it is about how many years of school you completed. for example, US has 12 years of school, and PSSC has 13 years of school, so I believe it should be sufficient. Unless someone here can give a reason why they would deny a PSSC certificate. In my research I haven't been able to find a reason for them to deny the PSSC... please let us know if anyone here has been denied before.

Also I did some research on US University websites, this was really hard to find :confused:, but a handful of them have lists of equivalent certifications that would be acceptable to them from other countries. I found PSSC on 2 sites I believe. I believe one of them was the NCAA, National collegiate Athletic Association and another was for a university in Texas. They had put the required equivalency at GCE O-levels / Secondary School Certificate / Pacific Senior Secondary Certificate / Solomon Islands School Certificate. I printed those out a while back and I'm taking it with me just in case.

The idea of proving that you have a High School Equivalent is for the purpose of knowing if you have what you need to grow there in the US. Both job wise and education if you choose to pursue it. Because you would need that minimum to get established there in the US.

I know yours is Fiji but hopefully this might be a little helpful. Good luck

I'm still going to be interviewed, but that was a hard one to research. We are in Brazil, my husband's family in Samoa accidentally misplaced his original certificate so we got a letter from the Samoan Dept of education to say that he got his PSSC certificate and had the letter shipped over here. That might be a good idea as a supporting document if you have your certificate in hands.

BUT more to your question, it is about how many years of school you completed. for example, US has 12 years of school, and PSSC has 13 years of school, so I believe it should be sufficient. Unless someone here can give a reason why they would deny a PSSC certificate. In my research I haven't been able to find a reason for them to deny the PSSC... please let us know if anyone here has been denied before.

Also I did some research on US University websites, this was really hard to find :confused:, but a handful of them have lists of equivalent certifications that would be acceptable to them from other countries. I found PSSC on 2 sites I believe. I believe one of them was the NCAA, National collegiate Athletic Association and another was for a university in Texas. They had put the required equivalency at GCE O-levels / Secondary School Certificate / Pacific Senior Secondary Certificate / Solomon Islands School Certificate. I printed those out a while back and I'm taking it with me just in case.

The idea of proving that you have a High School Equivalent is for the purpose of knowing if you have what you need to grow there in the US. Both job wise and education if you choose to pursue it. Because you would need that minimum to get established there in the US.

I know yours is Fiji but hopefully this might be a little helpful. Good luck
@PatiTea Thank you very much for the response. Once you are done with the interview, please share your experiences.

Okay so I have a question and require some guidance advice as to whether this is a good idea or not.

I am a OC Dv23 winner, scheduled to go for my interview in early next month. My long term boyfriend is a OC dv24 winner, however based on the selectee numbers that have recently been released, it looks like he won't get an interview (as he's dv45xx).
If we get married before the interview (and the consulate allows me to add a derivative in this late), is this a massive red flag for the interviewer? Risking my shot at getting my green card or will we be okay if we can prove that we've been together long term (photos from the past 10 years, joint utility bills, text and phone call records for the past few years, etc).
I just want to know if I should be trying to rush to make this happen or do I just take a deep breath, get myself sorted and worry about his GC once we get more info about Dv24?

And yes, I do understand that I should have looked into this ages ago, but after my boyfriend won the dv24, I thought "great, now no need to rush to organise a wedding" and thought it would just be easier to do the GC process separately, until we realised that his chances are slim to non-existent.

Okay so I have a question and require some guidance advice as to whether this is a good idea or not.

I am a OC Dv23 winner, scheduled to go for my interview in early next month. My long term boyfriend is a OC dv24 winner, however based on the selectee numbers that have recently been released, it looks like he won't get an interview (as he's dv45xx).
If we get married before the interview (and the consulate allows me to add a derivative in this late), is this a massive red flag for the interviewer? Risking my shot at getting my green card or will we be okay if we can prove that we've been together long term (photos from the past 10 years, joint utility bills, text and phone call records for the past few years, etc).
I just want to know if I should be trying to rush to make this happen or do I just take a deep breath, get myself sorted and worry about his GC once we get more info about Dv24?

And yes, I do understand that I should have looked into this ages ago, but after my boyfriend won the dv24, I thought "great, now no need to rush to organise a wedding" and thought it would just be easier to do the GC process separately, until we realised that his chances are slim to non-existent.
Not a red flag but seems too late to be "unlocking" your DS-260. You should have tried to do this months ago and not towards the end of the FY.

Just had my interview at Auckland. Everything went well and the interviewer said she is satisfied with everything but because my case number is not current until September they cannot issue my visa until the 1st September. So whilst i'm happy the interview went well i'm still nervous about visas being available. I know Britsimon said we won't run out of visas in August but i'm still nervous. Hopefully they issue them first thing on the 1st September.

Just had my interview at Auckland. Everything went well and the interviewer said she is satisfied with everything but because my case number is not current until September they cannot issue my visa until the 1st September. So whilst i'm happy the interview went well i'm still nervous about visas being available. I know Britsimon said we won't run out of visas in August but i'm still nervous. Hopefully they issue them first thing on the 1st September.

You'll almost certainly get one. Are you from Auckland or elsewhere in NZ, and where in the US will you move too? Always interested in fellow kiwis journey.

You'll almost certainly get one. Are you from Auckland or elsewhere in NZ, and where in the US will you move too? Always interested in fellow kiwis journey.
I hope so! I’m from Christchurch originally but live in Auckland now. If I get the visa i’ll move back to Austin Texas where I lived for 12 months back in 2015 on a J1 Visa. Loved it there and have good friends there still.