• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2023 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Only

I tried to make appointment to talk to tier agent 2 but they denied it. They said they will check on my case and told me that the field office is actively reviewing my case today but do not have processing time frame. Does this mean that I will be given decision soon about interview?

Hi @Sm1smom
I submitted Thai birth certificate and translated one yesterday and it didn’t delivered yet but I check my status today it’s show “New card is being produced” is that true or something error in that application?

Hi @Sm1smom
I submitted Thai birth certificate and translated one yesterday and it didn’t delivered yet but I check my status today it’s show “New card is being produced” is that true or something error in that application?
Maybe the IO found the copy of the original B/C you submitted with your AOS package and decided to go ahead and approve your application. Anyway, you’ll know for sure when the GC shows up in the mail.

Maybe the IO found the copy of the original B/C you submitted with your AOS package and decided to go ahead and approve your application. Anyway, you’ll know for sure when the GC shows up in the mail.
Alright I’ll try not to be overwhelmed and how long it usually takes after New card is being produced , what’s next status?

Alright I’ll try not to be overwhelmed and how long it usually takes after New card is being produced , what’s next status?
You will either receive the welcome letter or the card itself. Take a look at the timeline spreadsheet. What I was told by IO was it can take up to 4 weeks to receive the physical card, but it is usually less than that.

Hi,
I got a scam call. They mentioned they were calling from USCIS and are USCIS officers. They threatened to give me my personal details. They took my passport number, address, and driving license picture. I am planning to take a new driving license with a new number. Will this affect my application even if I filed my DS260 in December, 2022 and got my license in march, 2023? And, could you also please guide me where should I report about this? What can be the potential consequences of this?

I got a scam call. They mentioned they were calling from USCIS and are USCIS officers.
How did you know this was a scam call? Had you previously requested a call back from tier 2?

They threatened to give me my personal details.
I don't follow how that is a threat. You mean they asked for your detail or they gave you your won detail?

They took my passport number, address, and driving license picture.
How they can take your driving license picture over the phone?

How did you know this was a scam call? Had you previously requested a call back from tier 2?

I don't follow how that is a threat. You mean they asked for your detail or they gave you your won detail?

How they can take your driving license picture over the phone?
I knew this was a scam when they told me to go to apple store and get an apple card.
They threatened me to give me my passport number. Afterwards, they messaged me from a US phone number asking for my license picture. I panicked at that time and sent them the passport number, address, and license picture (via message).

1. That just means they did not schedule your interview. There is nothing more that tier 1 can say about it.
2. You can do it over phone, or via Emma.
3. You need to tell tier 2 what DV is, and that you have been waiting for IL, your fellow applicants have their interviews scheduled (based on what you see on the timeline) and ask them to submit an inquiry to your FO to schedule your interview. Also emphasize the sunset clause for DV cases.
Hi @Blade_

I've requested a Tier 2 officer call back on the 5/30. I received an email today in which they thanked my for my inquiry & stated "Our system shows that your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, which was filed approximately February 15, 2023..." with a bunch of other information about processing time.
1) Is this a generic response when they see no need for a tier 2 call back ?
2) Is this a good time to initiate a Congress Inquiry or you would recommend something else?

Thanks!

Hi. I see a part in the USCIS's Tips for Filing Forms by Mail which says:
"If you are paying by check or money order, write the form you are filing and your A-Number or other applicable identification on the check or money order."

Could someone please elaborate on what I should write on the money order?

Hi. I see a part in the USCIS's Tips for Filing Forms by Mail which says:
"If you are paying by check or money order, write the form you are filing and your A-Number or other applicable identification on the check or money order."

Could someone please elaborate on what I should write on the money order?
Hi. I did some research in the forum and got some information.
Now my question is narrowed to the followings:
1) On "Pay to the order of" (for the form i-485), is it a) USCIS or b) U.S. Department of Homeland Security

2) On the memo, we should write "I-485 application and Bio fee, and CN#", am I write?

Thanks

Hi. I did some research in the forum and got some information.
Now my question is narrowed to the followings:
1) On "Pay to the order of" (for the form i-485), is it a) USCIS or b) U.S. Department of Homeland Security

2) On the memo, we should write "I-485 application and Bio fee, and CN#", am I write?

Thanks
1) U.S. Department of Homeland Security
2) I-485 application and Bio fee

Hi @Blade_

I've requested a Tier 2 officer call back on the 5/30. I received an email today in which they thanked my for my inquiry & stated "Our system shows that your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, which was filed approximately February 15, 2023..." with a bunch of other information about processing time.
1) Is this a generic response when they see no need for a tier 2 call back ?
2) Is this a good time to initiate a Congress Inquiry or you would recommend something else?

Thanks!
1. I can't say much with just the first half a sentence of the email. Maybe share the rest after removing personal info?
2. I would personally wait for another couple of weeks before that. In most cases, only one of the two senators and one congressman turn out to be following your case in a timely manner. I wouldn't want to exhaust that one option too early. But your case, you choice.

I knew this was a scam when they told me to go to apple store and get an apple card.
They threatened me to give me my passport number. Afterwards, they messaged me from a US phone number asking for my license picture. I panicked at that time and sent them the passport number, address, and license picture (via message).
I don't know what they are planning to do. They perhaps found your info from some data base related to immigration. Maybe don't share your real number online as well. Anyways, I don't see how that can affect your case here. Perhaps you need to consult an expert to avoid identity theft.

Hi,
I got a scam call. They mentioned they were calling from USCIS and are USCIS officers. They threatened to give me my personal details. They took my passport number, address, and driving license picture. I am planning to take a new driving license with a new number. Will this affect my application even if I filed my DS260 in December, 2022 and got my license in march, 2023? And, could you also please guide me where should I report about this? What can be the potential consequences of this?
You need to make a police report right away. You basically provided some scammers with possibly enough information for an identity theft. Applying for a new driver's license will not be a deterrent AFAIK, you will not be issued with a new or different number on the replacement driver's license.

They perhaps found your info from some data base related to immigration. Maybe don't share your real number online as well.
My exact thoughts. Precise reason we keep warning people to not trust/use some random app (from some faceless entities) for checking case updates, when the same update is easily obtainable by checking directly on USCIS's website.

1. I can't say much with just the first half a sentence of the email. Maybe share the rest after removing personal info?
2. I would personally wait for another couple of weeks before that. In most cases, only one of the two senators and one congressman turn out to be following your case in a timely manner. I wouldn't want to exhaust that one option too early. But your case, you choice.
@Blade_ Sure, please find the email below:

Thank you for your inquiry dated May 30, 2023.

Our system shows that your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, which was filed approximately February 15, 2023, is pending and is within our current processing time. To determine current processing time within USCIS:
  • Visit egov.uscis.gov/processing-times
  • Select I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, from the Form dropdown
  • Select Form Category, from the Form Category dropdown
  • Select Tampa Field Office from the Field Office dropdown
  • Click “Get Processing Time” link
The posted processing time is an estimate of how long it will take USCIS to process your case based on the number of pending cases we have. Processing times should be used as a reference point, not an absolute measure of how long your case will take to be completed.

If your case has been pending for longer than the posted processing time, you may be able to submit a service request to the office processing your case. To determine if you are able to submit a service request:

• Scroll down to the When can I ask about my case section
  • Enter your receipt date
  • Click “Get Inquiry Date” link
  • If you are eligible to submit a service request, click the “Service Request Online” link
If you have any other questions, please visit the USCIS Contact Center, where you can access our online tools 24/7.

If you move, you must update your address with USCIS within 10 days using our online tool at uscis.gov/addresschange, and in your USCIS Online Account.

If you haven’t done so already, visit myaccount.uscis.gov to sign up for a USCIS online account where you can explore filing online, send us secure messages through your account inbox and get instant updates on the status of your case.

This mailbox is not monitored for incoming messages. Please do not reply to this message.

@Blade_ Sure, please find the email below:

Thank you for your inquiry dated May 30, 2023.

Our system shows that your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, which was filed approximately February 15, 2023, is pending and is within our current processing time. To determine current processing time within USCIS:
  • Visit egov.uscis.gov/processing-times
  • Select I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, from the Form dropdown
  • Select Form Category, from the Form Category dropdown
  • Select Tampa Field Office from the Field Office dropdown
  • Click “Get Processing Time” link
The posted processing time is an estimate of how long it will take USCIS to process your case based on the number of pending cases we have. Processing times should be used as a reference point, not an absolute measure of how long your case will take to be completed.

If your case has been pending for longer than the posted processing time, you may be able to submit a service request to the office processing your case. To determine if you are able to submit a service request:

• Scroll down to the When can I ask about my case section
  • Enter your receipt date
  • Click “Get Inquiry Date” link
  • If you are eligible to submit a service request, click the “Service Request Online” link
If you have any other questions, please visit the USCIS Contact Center, where you can access our online tools 24/7.

If you move, you must update your address with USCIS within 10 days using our online tool at uscis.gov/addresschange, and in your USCIS Online Account.

If you haven’t done so already, visit myaccount.uscis.gov to sign up for a USCIS online account where you can explore filing online, send us secure messages through your account inbox and get instant updates on the status of your case.

This mailbox is not monitored for incoming messages. Please do not reply to this message.

Here is what they emailed me immediately after the tier 1 phone call:
Thank you for contacting us. An immigration officer will call or email you to answer your question(s), or schedule an appointment for you, if that is needed. Officers will begin calls starting at 7am local time.

Looks like they decided to respond to you by email. I'd still wait for a couple weeks and follow up with Emma one a week to see if the interview is scheduled.