• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2023 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Only

Hi @Sm1smom,

I completed my bio on the 4/5 ~ about 2 months ago, still no IL. I checked the old timelines and the typical wait time to be scheduled at my FO is 1-2 months, with some exceptions being 3 months and longer. I tried talking to a live agent through Emma to see if my background check has cleared and if I have been scheduled yet. Was given a response of - "I do not have the legal authority... to give this info...no interview been schedualed..."
1) What next steps would you recommend for me to take ?
2) Can I somehow check if my background check cleared ?

Thanks!

Hi @Sm1smom,

I completed my bio on the 4/5 ~ about 2 months ago, still no IL. I checked the old timelines and the typical wait time to be scheduled at my FO is 1-2 months, with some exceptions being 3 months and longer. I tried talking to a live agent through Emma to see if my background check has cleared and if I have been scheduled yet. Was given a response of - "I do not have the legal authority... to give this info...no interview been schedualed..."
1) What next steps would you recommend for me to take ?
2) Can I somehow check if my background check cleared ?

Thanks!
(If I may, mom) They don't have access to that information to begin with.
1. Have you also asked Emma if your interview was scheduled or not? You can start by requesting a tier 2 call back. If they couldn't help you, you can start a congressional inquiry. If it was my case, I would have waited until the tier 2 callback before I do congressional inquiry, because you don't want to exhaust your options too soon, and there is still time left from FY and it seems that 3 month of wait for IL is not unusual for your FO.
2. No one except for IO can tell you that.

(If I may, mom) They don't have access to that information to begin with.
1. Have you also asked Emma if your interview was scheduled or not? You can start by requesting a tier 2 call back. If they couldn't help you, you can start a congressional inquiry. If it was my case, I would have waited until the tier 2 callback before I do congressional inquiry, because you don't want to exhaust your options too soon, and there is still time left from FY and it seems that 3 month of wait for IL is not unusual for your FO.
2. No one except for IO can tell you that.
@Blade_ I did also ask if my interview was scheduled and the response was on the lines of "The interview has not been scheduled...The interview has not been waived...I do not have a timeframe when it would be schedualed..."

If I was to contact tier 2 officer, do I do it via phone, requesting to speak wit Tier 2 officer?
Also, once I reach the officer do I ask the same questions - if my background check cleared and when will my interview be schedualed?

Thanks!

@Blade_ I did also ask if my interview was scheduled and the response was on the lines of "The interview has not been scheduled...The interview has not been waived...I do not have a timeframe when it would be schedualed..."

If I was to contact tier 2 officer, do I do it via phone, requesting to speak wit Tier 2 officer?
Also, once I reach the officer do I ask the same questions - if my background check cleared and when will my interview be schedualed?

Thanks!
1. That just means they did not schedule your interview. There is nothing more that tier 1 can say about it.
2. You can do it over phone, or via Emma.
3. You need to tell tier 2 what DV is, and that you have been waiting for IL, your fellow applicants have their interviews scheduled (based on what you see on the timeline) and ask them to submit an inquiry to your FO to schedule your interview. Also emphasize the sunset clause for DV cases.

In 2021, found two cases, post bio took - 113 days(interview after 46 days of IL), 10 days. Not sure what to derive out of it.
The case with the 113 days interval seems to be an outlier compared to other cases from the same FO from previous years prior. Having said that, I think you case seem to be progressing as expected. Nonetheless, if you feel better, you can start proactively following up by contacting the USCIS call center, or chatting with Emma. You can also initiate a congressional case inquiry assistance from next week if you like.

Great news! Fingers crossed!

PS Please also add your timeline to the spreadsheet as your post here would be buried in a couple days and no one can really benefit from this.
Seems like OP is pointedly making a decision to ignore the recommendation they add their updates to the Timeline spreadsheet considering they've been asked to do so twice before now (the first request was actually by you, followed by myself after a while).

Seems like OP is pointedly making a decision to ignore the recommendation they add their updates to the Timeline spreadsheet considering they've been asked to do so twice before now (the first request was actually by you, followed by myself after a while).
Thanks for pointing that out! I'll use "ignore" user button one more time then!

I’m going to add my case to the timeline spreadsheet! sorry for that! found this forum very helpful and don’t want to be rude

Do you guys have/know any certified online resource or service that can help to translate international birth certificate to English following the USCIS format please ?

Hello, do photocopies need to be in black and white or color? For example, the NL1, does it matter if I can only print it in black and white? Or marriage certificate and univeristy diploma?

Do you guys have/know any certified online resource or service that can help to translate international birth certificate to English following the USCIS format please ?
There is no particular USCIS format per se, they just need to sign and affirm their proficiency in both English and the language from which the document is being translated. There are many online resources providing these services.

PS If you have too many pages to translate, I'd suggest doing a page to make sure of quality first.

Hello, do photocopies need to be in black and white or color? For example, the NL1, does it matter if I can only print it in black and white? Or marriage certificate and univeristy diploma?
Black and white is fine.

Yes, that is the correct mailing address based on you residing in Texas. The difference between the two is actually already listed there - it is based on if you’re mailing your package via USPS or courier delivery. The best one for mailing your package is whichever you’re able to afford and are comfortable with using.
Thank you!

Hello,

What does happen to an AOS case if the CN is current and I-485 is submitted and a decision has not been made but the fiscal year ends?

Last edited:
Hi. I'm Dv 2024, 2024108***. I know that you haven't a cristal ball, but will the visa bulletin go upon 110k ???
And secondly, every year , specialy in Africa, the embassies know that Over 50% of the selected are not éligible. Why they seems like they are not angry about that thing? ( KCC?)

1. The answer to your first question is “it depends”. Since your first F1 application was denied on the basis of having submitted your DS260 form, how did you overcome that denial? You’ll need to be specific as to the questions they asked you at the embassy about the DS260 and the answers you provided both during the first and second F1 applications. The solution is not as simple as waiting for the 3 months before filing for AOS.
2. No, you cannot pursue both options at the same time. You’ll need to select one and stick to it. If you wish to process AOS, you’ll need to contact the KCC and specifically inform them of your plan to do so and request they switch your case processing from CP to AOS. This means they will not schedule an embassy interview or forward your case file to the embassy. The case file will need to be forwarded to USCIS instead. But before you pull the plug on CP, we need to know the answers to my above questions first to determine if switching to AOS could be a good move or not.
Thank you ,
1)So, at my first attempt, they asked me about my DS260 and I responded that if my file becomes processed, I might consider staying in the US. and that leaded to my denial.
At my second attempt, I strongly impressed my willing to coming back to my country of residence due to different emotional bonds.
So, do you think it has been be noted at my profile when they issued me my F1?
Also, because of this story , I am really scared to go overseas again and to attend an embassy interview for my file.

So, in this case,and with keeping in mind of my high case number which still has not been current, what would you suggest?

2)Another question is that, while deciding on these matters, I am doing my medical and about to mail my 330 dollars fee to be ready for filing my case in future. Do you agree ?

3)Also, what is the SASE that is been noted at the explanation of spreadsheet to be mailed along with our cashier check and the info?

Thank you

Hello,

What does happen to an AOS case if the CN is current and I-485 is submitted and a decision has not been made but the fiscal year ends?
Your case will automatically be denied and you will receive that decision letter in a few weeks from the end of FY.

Hi. I'm Dv 2024, 2024108***. I know that you haven't a cristal ball, but will the visa bulletin go upon 110k ???
And secondly, every year , specialy in Africa, the embassies know that Over 50% of the selected are not éligible. Why they seems like they are not angry about that thing? ( KCC?)
1. Like you already noted, we have no crystal ball for making predictions in terms of how high the VB may go. Plus we currently do not even know the total number of selectees for DV2024. (As a DV 2024 selectee you’re posting and asking questions on the wrong thread by the way).
2. KCC cannot be ‘angry’ at over 50% of selectees not been eligible. That is precisely why they over select each year - they’re aware a lot of the selectees will probably not meet the requirements or decide to not proceed with their selection.