• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2023 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Only

Thank you. I'm planning to send $990 USPS Money Order for myself + spouse + kid, with self-addressed and stamped envelop to Department of State. Could you please suggest if it is okay to write case no and my name on back of the money order with a ball pen?
Have you already bought the money order? Isn’t there a section in the front section of the money order for your name and address. There should also be a memo line where you can list your CN, I believe.

Have you already bought the money order? Isn’t there a section in the front section of the money order for your name and address. There should also be a memo line where you can list your CN, I believe.
Not yet. I will will be sending this week. Thank you. I will be putting the case number in MEMO.

Hi,

I will do my AOS since I am under J-1 visa (postdoc). I already made the money order from Chase bank and I sent it to the provided address (U.S. Department of State, Diversity Visa Program, P.O. Box 979079, St. Louis, Missouri 63197-9000). I just realized it said " postal money order". Is there any difference between a chase bank money order and postal money order?
Does anyone can clarify me this, please ?

Alex
You'll be fine. Some folks in the past have used money order purchased from Walmart, or Western Union. Some even used personal check (which I don't recommend of course). They all got their receipts at the end of the day.

Good day Mom, thank you for the amazing work you and your team do. I have a question. I planned since last year to get married this year and when I filed my dv last year I put single on it since I was single. I got selected in May (dv 2023) and planning on getting married in July or August. Is this going to be a problem since the marriage is after the results?

Good day Mom, thank you for the amazing work you and your team do. I have a question. I planned since last year to get married this year and when I filed my dv last year I put single on it since I was single. I got selected in May (dv 2023) and planning on getting married in July or August. Is this going to be a problem since the marriage is after the results?
Shouldn't be a problem as long as you're able to demonstrate the relationship was existing prior to your DV selection and the marriage is not a GC marriage should you be required to do so.

Another update: on June 8th, today, the postal money order $660 was cashed, I would do well to update this information on google docs. I sent the package on June 3, it arrived on June 6th but was actually cashed on June 8th. The next stage will be patiently waiting to receive DV receipt fee stamped. From past data, it can take anywhere between 2 weeks to 8 weeks to receive this in the mail. I included a traceable SASE so I can know when it is activated and sent back to me. I am still gathering all required documents for AOS.

Good luck to us all

As i was not sure who will give me this, I asked 3 relatives and all agreed to give I-134, is it fine/better or not good to submit more then one ?
Just use one from the person with the highest income. You can’t combine thEM.

Hello Mom. Hope you having a great day. I would like to thank you and everyone in this thread that makes our job easier. I am a current F1 student in Kansas. It has only been 6 months that I am in the US. However, I was an exchange student for 10 months in 2015. My case number is 2023EU00006*** and I am looking forward to filing for AOS. I am single with no kids and filing for myself and only. Stating that I have several questions to ask about my financial documentation. Yesterday I got accepted for my first campus job and in the process of doing my SSN, I have a bank account that I opened 6 months ago. Sorry for the ignorant questions in advance. The US system is very complicated than where I come from.

1. Do I need to present my bank statement even though I am filing for myself?
2. Should I get my tax reports done because I have several scholarships and a job starting yesterday if I am only in the US for 6 months now?
3. I don't have too much on my bank account mere number, will I need to have a sponsor that will support me in the US?
4. Could my host parents from the US be my sponsors.
5. Will I need to submit my W2 form if by the time I'll be applying I'll be working for 4-6 months

Additional question that is not directed to the financial part

1. I don't have any job experience in the past however I don't know if I am qualified with my high school diploma which is 11 years only in my country but on the website, it says you should have 12 years of the equivalent of a high school diploma. Do I still qualify or I must have 12 years?

Thank you in advance.

Hello Mom. Hope you having a great day. I would like to thank you and everyone in this thread that makes our job easier. I am a current F1 student in Kansas. It has only been 6 months that I am in the US. However, I was an exchange student for 10 months in 2015. My case number is 2023EU00006*** and I am looking forward to filing for AOS. I am single with no kids and filing for myself and only. Stating that I have several questions to ask about my financial documentation. Yesterday I got accepted for my first campus job and in the process of doing my SSN, I have a bank account that I opened 6 months ago. Sorry for the ignorant questions in advance. The US system is very complicated than where I come from.

1. Do I need to present my bank statement even though I am filing for myself?
2. Should I get my tax reports done because I have several scholarships and a job starting yesterday if I am only in the US for 6 months now?
3. I don't have too much on my bank account mere number, will I need to have a sponsor that will support me in the US?
4. Could my host parents from the US be my sponsors.
5. Will I need to submit my W2 form if by the time I'll be applying I'll be working for 4-6 months

Additional question that is not directed to the financial part

1. I don't have any job experience in the past however I don't know if I am qualified with my high school diploma which is 11 years only in my country but on the website, it says you should have 12 years of the equivalent of a high school diploma. Do I still qualify or I must have 12 years?

Thank you in advance.
1. There’s an expectation for an applicant to be able to demonstrate they will not become a public charge as a LPR, so if you have personal financial documents for demonstrating your self sufficiency, you should include those with your AOS package.
2. You’re not yet eligible for tax filing based on what you’ve described. You’ll be eligible in 2023 for the 2022 tax filing obligations.
3. That is usually preferable.
4. They can if they meet the financial requirements.
5. W-2s get issued at the beginning of the year for earnings from the previous year. You wouldn’t have a W2 unless you’re sending in your AOS package from February 2023 onwards.
6. Your educational qualification is fine.

Hi Mom,

a) My husband is the primary earning and will be providing his pay stubs, W2 and his employment letter. Do I need to fill any specific form or just provide his financial docs. How do I arrange the financial docs, under my I-485 or his? Does the order matter?
b) My birth certificate is in both- native language and in English. Can this cause confuse to USCIS? Could you please suggest if I need to do the translation done? Do I need birth certificate for my kid and husband as well?

Hi Mom,

a) My husband is the primary earning and will be providing his pay stubs, W2 and his employment letter. Do I need to fill any specific form or just provide his financial docs. How do I arrange the financial docs, under my I-485 or his? Does the order matter?
b) My birth certificate is in both- native language and in English. Can this cause confuse to USCIS? Could you please suggest if I need to do the translation done? Do I need birth certificate for my kid and husband as well?
1. No special form, just include copies of his financial documents in both your package and his.
2. You need to include a certified translation of your B/C. Of course, if your husband and kid are applying with you as your derivatives. Make sure you've spent some quality time going over the AOS Process Spreadsheet, the "AOS Package" section/tab especially in this case to ensure you have all the applicable documents in each package.

1. There’s an expectation for an applicant to be able to demonstrate they will not become a public charge as a LPR, so if you have personal financial documents for demonstrating your self sufficiency, you should include those with your AOS package.
2. You’re not yet eligible for tax filing based on what you’ve described. You’ll be eligible in 2023 for the 2022 tax filing obligations.
3. That is usually preferable.
4. They can if they meet the financial requirements.
5. W-2s get issued at the beginning of the year for earnings from the previous year. You wouldn’t have a W2 unless you’re sending in your AOS package from February 2023 onwards.
6. Your educational qualification is fine.
What would be good amount to have (aproximately) to prove your financial self suficiency?

Hello, I am a DV2023 winner, currently in the US as a F1 student. My brother who arrived in March is also an F1 student who didn’t apply for the lottery cause he turned 18 this year.

I was wondering, can I fill out the I-130 form for my brother in my AOS package so that he can also start the AOS process at the same time as I will be doing it even though he never applied for the DV?

Hello, I am a DV2023 winner, currently in the US as a F1 student. My brother who arrived in March is also an F1 student who didn’t apply for the lottery cause he turned 18 this year.

I was wondering, can I fill out the I-130 form for my brother in my AOS package so that he can also start the AOS process at the same time as I will be doing it even though he never applied for the DV?
No you can’t, you’re not eligible to file an I-130 to sponsor anyone.

As a matter of fact, you will not even be eligible to file an I-130 and sponsor your brother after you become a LPR. You’ll only become eligible to do so after you become a USC, and even then your brother will have several more years of waiting (currently 15 plus) after the I-130 approval before he becomes eligible to apply and become a LPR.

Hi, thank you for the great resource. Me and my wife are here in the USA on F1/F2 visas with two kids (both are US born). My wife won the DV lottery this year. Her CN is 2023AS11***. While filling out the DV lottery form, I had included the first child but not the second one (because he was so little). We are interested in adjusting our status here. My question is: While filling out the DS 260 form, should I include both children or just the first child( since had been included in the DV form) or non of them? Your help will be appreciated. Thank you!

Hi, thank you for the great resource. Me and my wife are here in the USA on F1/F2 visas with two kids (both are US born). My wife won the DV lottery this year. Her CN is 2023AS11***. While filling out the DV lottery form, I had included the first child but not the second one (because he was so little). We are interested in adjusting our status here. My question is: While filling out the DS 260 form, should I include both children or just the first child( since had been included in the DV form) or non of them? Your help will be appreciated. Thank you!
DS260 instructions are clear that all children must be listed. You must be careful to read the instructions for each section properly,

(i don’t understand your not including the one child “because he was so little” in the entry form but luckily for you they are US citizens so it doesn’t matter - if they weren’t and you left out an existing child you’d be disqualified)

DS260 instructions are clear that all children must be listed. You must be careful to read the instructions for each section properly,

(i don’t understand your not including the one child “because he was so little” in the entry form but luckily for you they are US citizens so it doesn’t matter - if they weren’t and you left out an existing child you’d be disqualified)
You are right. Since they are US citizens, I also thought It would not matter even if I do not include a child. You mean now I should include both the children in the DS 260, right?