• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2023 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Only

You will need at least a copy of the physical letter, not just a picture image, in order to attend the bio or interview appointment. If you're using a relative's address, be careful to only list that as your mailing address and not your physical address when you fill out the I-485 form.

Also note, there is a slight possibility your bio and interview appointments may be scheduled based on the mailing address and not your physical address location. So if your relative lives in another State for instance, NBC may wrongly assign your case to that FO with jurisdiction over your relative's address (this has happened before). Your best bet is to rent a P.O. Box and use that as your mailing address like Susie previously recommended.
Thanks mom & Susie, will go ahead with P.O. Box and use it as mailing address, will they send the green card by registered post and can it be received in P.O.Box too ? not sure about the P.O.Box system

Hi,
a) I filled my DS-260 for myself and my derivatives on 12 may'22 and received 2NL for AOS on 2 June'22. It has asked me to submit the DV lottery fee(it has DV Fee Paid Receipt attached but no amount mentioned to it). Do I need to submit $330 (since I won the lottery) or, $990 (including my husband and Kid as well)? My case no is AS10K, should I submit my fee now or is it okay to wait for couple of months(I'm waiting on my L2 ext to get approved).
b) My husband and kid also submitted DS-260 but I only receive the letter, is that okay?
c) It also mentioned that USCIS will determine the eligibility, if I qualify for AOS. I tried calling their number to get an appointment but it is the bot Emma who answers and never take me to live agent. How am I suppose to reach USCIS FO without appointment? Is there a USCIS website link for AOS which have all the details? , If so, why in 1NL and 2NL it is asking me to reach USCIS FO?
Thank you for your time.

will they send the green card by registered post and can it be received in P.O.Box too ? not sure about the P.O.Box system
Refer to the response already provided yesterday when you asked these same questions. Asking the same question over and over without referring to the previously provided response can be quite off-putting considering it is mostly the same (few number of) who are trying to answer the questions.

Hi,
a) I filled my DS-260 for myself and my derivatives on 12 may'22 and received 2NL for AOS on 2 June'22. It has asked me to submit the DV lottery fee(it has DV Fee Paid Receipt attached but no amount mentioned to it). Do I need to submit $330 (since I won the lottery) or, $990 (including my husband and Kid as well)? My case no is AS10K, should I submit my fee now or is it okay to wait for couple of months(I'm waiting on my L2 ext to get approved).
b) My husband and kid also submitted DS-260 but I only receive the letter, is that okay?
c) It also mentioned that USCIS will determine the eligibility, if I qualify for AOS. I tried calling their number to get an appointment but it is the bot Emma who answers and never take me to live agent. How am I suppose to reach USCIS FO without appointment? Is there a USCIS website link for AOS which have all the details? , If so, why in 1NL and 2NL it is asking me to reach USCIS FO?
Thank you for your time.
1. Total of $990 in your case for you and your derivatives. You’ll need to decide on when to make that payment as already explained on the AOS process spreadsheet - the most important factor to take into consideration when making the payment is if or when your CN is likely to become current.
2. You are the main selectee, only you receive the confirmation.
3. I suggest you take another look at the “AOS Process” section/tab of the AOS process spreadsheet again (line 4 in particular). If however you’re looking for a USCIS source to confirm your eligibility, you may keep searching in that case.

1&2. I don’t know what difficulties you may face with trying to renew your student visa, it is your call whether you should travel out or not.
3. Wining the lottery itself without taken any steps towards processing the lottery selection does not constitute a demonstrated immigrant intent, it however could be seen as harboring an immigrant intent when applying for a NIV.
3a. Your call depending on how urgent the trip is for you.
4a&b. A non immigrant is never guaranteed an admission or re-admission into the US every time they depart, regardless of if the have a valid visa, valid I-20, valid documents, or not. And regardless of if they are a DV selectee or not. Only a USC is guaranteed an admission or re-admission into the US.
5a&b. I really do not like spending my time trying to address hypothetical situations or imaginary issues. You’re thinking you might have wrongly entered your passport number because you wrongly entered your DOB where you mistook 1 for 7, right? If that is the case, you honestly need to stop stressing over a non-issue. That’s all I can say at this point.
Hi, a slight thing i just noticed. It seems like my negativity caught on to me. Please advised on best course of action.

For the longest time I've been referring to my passport number as AXXXXXX875. That's the number i wrote on my i20 renewal application, that's the number i put on my Canadian visa application. However, turns out, the correct number is AXXXXXX87. I just looked at my i20 and visas, and it seems like they caught that themselves whenever i sent a copy of it and just entered it correctly without letting me know. The reason for that mistake is that i always read my passport number from the number below on the bottom up to my country code "MLI". I Did the same for my previous passport and it was always good. This time, I was looking at my current one, out of boredom, and saw that the actual part that says "passport number:" was saying AXXXXXX87. (See picture link in your inbox)
So i fear that the AXXXXXX875 i entered might be an issue? Luckily i have not submitted my ds260 yet, so i can change that quickly. But what about my actual selection? your advise will be greatly appreciated, Thanks.

I understand the irony that i was overly paranoid about that, now it turns out i indeed made a mistake.

Hi, a slight thing i just noticed. It seems like my negativity caught on to me. Please advised on best course of action.

For the longest time I've been referring to my passport number as AXXXXXX875. That's the number i wrote on my i20 renewal application, that's the number i put on my Canadian visa application. However, turns out, the correct number is AXXXXXX87. I just looked at my i20 and visas, and it seems like they caught that themselves whenever i sent a copy of it and just entered it correctly without letting me know. The reason for that mistake is that i always read my passport number from the number below on the bottom up to my country code "MLI". I Did the same for my previous passport and it was always good. This time, I was looking at my current one, out of boredom, and saw that the actual part that says "passport number:" was saying AXXXXXX87. (See picture link in your inbox)
So i fear that the AXXXXXX875 i entered might be an issue? Luckily i have not submitted my ds260 yet, so i can change that quickly. But what about my actual selection? your advise will be greatly appreciated, Thanks.

I understand the irony that i was overly paranoid about that, now it turns out i indeed made a mistake.
Off by one digit? I don’t see an issue.

Because your numbered questions are inter-connected, I am going to give a general response without listing them one by one:
Forget about everything you've read regarding the 90 day rule or waiting for 90 days after entering the US before filing for AOS, there's no such thing. Intent is usually determined at the POE, if you are eligible to file for AOS, you can do so as soon as you enter the US. Of course the IO at the time of the interview can always follow up on what the intent was when one originally entered the US regardless of if you filed immediately or if you waited for 90 days before filing. In your case, you were already residing in the US, you had only gone home for a short visit with the intent of returning to the US to complete your studies, this is not the same as someone planning on entering the US for the very 1st time on a NIV with the sole purpose of filing for AOS. So if you wish to file for AOS, you may go for it. Just don't submit your DS260 prior to your return to the US, you can always submit it after your return.

As for not finding DV processing time information, you have not looked in the right place. One of the tabs on the AOS Process Spreadsheet you referenced at the beginning of your post has several links to both past and present timeline spreadsheets where you can get an idea of how long it has taken other selectees to complete their DV based AOS process.
One small query for my previous questions about DS260 filling time :
As you were saying 90-day rule do not apply in my case and I can file DS-260 after I reenter US after summer break, when filing DS260 as I will state AOS as the option it will not conflict the rule and I can file it as soon as I am in US, as the delay in getting 2NL due to this will delay my overall process, can I just take it during interview or should I wait for it and then send the package ? as without it they might mark it as incomplete ...

Nope, income is the primary criterion.
Regarding I-134 my relative changed jobs in March (and he was looking for new job which made a month gap when he didn't worked) would they look deeply into all these kind of history of the guarantor ?

Regarding I-134 my relative changed jobs in March (and he was looking for new job which made a month gap when he didn't worked) would they look deeply into all these kind of history of the guarantor ?
Current income is what’s important.

One small query for my previous questions about DS260 filling time :
As you were saying 90-day rule do not apply in my case and I can file DS-260 after I reenter US after summer break, when filing DS260 as I will state AOS as the option it will not conflict the rule and I can file it as soon as I am in US, as the delay in getting 2NL due to this will delay my overall process, can I just take it during interview or should I wait for it and then send the package ? as without it they might mark it as incomplete ...
Please take a look at the AOS-FAQs tab/section of the AOS Process spreadsheet.

Hello everyone)) can anybody help me with my brother‘s situation. He cross the borders the USA through Mexico and he didn’t apply for political asylum yet. But in May this year he found out that he won the lottery. does he need to send first asylum case and then ds260?

Hello everyone)) can anybody help me with my brother‘s situation. He cross the borders the USA through Mexico and he didn’t apply for political asylum yet. But in May this year he found out that he won the lottery. does he need to send first asylum case and then ds260?
1. Did your brother enter the US legally or illegally?
2. What is your brother’s current status?

If he entered without inspection (not through a border post) he is not eligible to adjust status for DV.
(It sounds to me like this is what you meant but if I am wrong please correct )

Hi, I'm on L2 visa (dv selectee), do my husband (on L1 and primary earning member) need to fill I-134 for me when I do my AOS ?

There will be 3 form I-485, myself , my husband and kid. If he need to sponsor, is there any minimum amount that need to be in his bank account at the time of AOS.

1. Total of $990 in your case for you and your derivatives. You’ll need to decide on when to make that payment as already explained on the AOS process spreadsheet - the most important factor to take into consideration when making the payment is if or when your CN is likely to become current.
2. You are the main selectee, only you receive the confirmation.
3. I suggest you take another look at the “AOS Process” section/tab of the AOS process spreadsheet again (line 4 in particular). If however you’re looking for a USCIS source to confirm your eligibility, you may keep searching in that case.

Thank you. I'm planning to send $990 USPS Money Order for myself + spouse + kid, with self-addressed and stamped envelop to Department of State. Could you please suggest if it is okay to write case no and my name on back of the money order with a ball pen?

Hi,

I will do my AOS since I am under J-1 visa (postdoc). I already made the money order from Chase bank and I sent it to the provided address (U.S. Department of State, Diversity Visa Program, P.O. Box 979079, St. Louis, Missouri 63197-9000). I just realized it said " postal money order". Is there any difference between a chase bank money order and postal money order?
Does anyone can clarify me this, please ?

Alex

Hi, I'm on L2 visa (dv selectee), do my husband (on L1 and primary earning member) need to fill I-134 for me when I do my AOS ?

There will be 3 form I-485, myself , my husband and kid. If he need to sponsor, is there any minimum amount that need to be in his bank account at the time of AOS.
He does not need to do that. Your husband’s income will be treated as jointly earned/family income during the AOS adjudication process.