• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2023 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Only

Hello! I am currently taking a look at the AOS form (form I-485), but I have a couple questions:
For question 16, should I say « yes » if I already have a SSN issued by the SSA?? Because I took a look at the filled samples posted in one of the forum, and the person selected « yes » at 16 even though he/she already had a SSN card issued.
View attachment 3596
The example is used to show one can still go ahead and answer YES to that question (the intent is to get the SSA office to issue a new SSN card with no DHS restriction listed on it - this may or may not happen). You can use your discretion as to if you wish to answer YES or NO to this question.

Hi first of all thank you all for your help during this process!
I have a question regarding forms that should be included in AOS Package.

Currently, I’m on an L-1A visa, so I have an I-797 Notice of Action from USCIS, but 20 years ago, as a student, I was on Work and Travel program (J-1 visa). Unfortunately, I don’t have any forms available, e.g., IAP-66 and/or DS-2019 or I-612 – just a copy of my old expired visa.

Will the copy of the expired visa J-1 be enough, or do I need to get copies of the required documents?

Hi first of all thank you all for your help during this process!
I have a question regarding forms that should be included in AOS Package.

Currently, I’m on an L-1A visa, so I have an I-797 Notice of Action from USCIS, but 20 years ago, as a student, I was on Work and Travel program (J-1 visa). Unfortunately, I don’t have any forms available, e.g., IAP-66 and/or DS-2019 or I-612 – just a copy of my old expired visa.

Will the copy of the expired visa J-1 be enough, or do I need to get copies of the required documents?
Get the copies of those documents if you can.

Get the copies of those documents if you can.
Thank you, I'm afraid it can be a problem as it is already 20 years since I was in the US as a J-1 holder ( my visa was marked as "Not subject to section 212(e) two-year rule does not apply)

Frankly speaking, I have no idea even where to apply for these documents. Any suggestion from where I can get them? or what can happen if I won't be able?

Edit:
I will try to file FOIA to USCIS to produce old forms

Last edited:
Thank you, I'm afraid it can be a problem as it is already 20 years since I was in the US as a J-1 holder ( my visa was marked as "Not subject to section 212(e) two-year rule does not apply)

Frankly speaking, I have no idea even where to apply for these documents. Any suggestion from where I can get them? or what can happen if I won't be able?
I have no idea where you can obtain them from. If you no longer have those documents, there’s nothing else you can do about it. Include whatever you have, keep your fingers crossed.

SASE = Self Addressed Stamped Envelope - this will be used by the KCC to send back your payment receipt to you.
Thank you! Another question: I am due to change apartment number (same apartment complex as current address) in August. I am waiting to move before I submit my D260. Can I pay the DV fee before submitting the D260?

Thank you! Another question: I am due to change apartment number (same apartment complex as current address) in August. I am waiting to move before I submit my D260. Can I pay the DV fee before submitting the D260?
Yes

In the form Ds260 there is question about 5 last visits in the US. If now I stay in the USA as a student, should I mention about this visit as one of five? Or only visits when I leaving the US ? Thank you so much !

In the form Ds260 there is question about 5 last visits in the US. If now I stay in the USA as a student, should I mention about this visit as one of five? Or only visits when I leaving the US ? Thank you so much !
Yes, should be included.

Hi all,

I have sent the DV payment (money order) by May 31st and I have not received any notification yet. How can I do ? It is almost a month and I already did my medical exam, by Monday I will get the results. My CN is currently .... I am wondering if I can send my I-485 without the DV confirmation payment fee ?

Thanks.

Hi Alex,
How did you start the AOS process if your case number is not up yet? J1 is as short term visa as mine the H2B and I am just curious how do other people do this. I wanted to start as well but then I read that my package will be rejected if the number is not up yet. Or do you have some other info?
You have to check the Visa Bulletin. I am from SA so for July is current. Also, I already have my J-1 waiver. Currently I am waiting the notification of my DV payment fee to include it in my package.

Hi all,

I have sent the DV payment (money order) by May 31st and I have not received any notification yet. How can I do ? It is almost a month and I already did my medical exam, by Monday I will get the results. My CN is currently .... I am wondering if I can send my I-485 without the DV confirmation payment fee ?

Thanks.
Are you a 2022 or 2023 selectee? If you are a 2022 selectee then you need to post your questions on the 2022 thread and not the 2023 thread.

DV ACC.png
I am kind of confused, this means that I have to wait until October to file my AOS or when my CN is current after October 1, 2022?

View attachment 3600
I am kind of confused, this means that I have to wait until October to file my AOS or when my CN is current after October 1, 2022?
Yup. It means you have to wait until whenever your CN becomes current after Oct. 1 2022. Which seems likely to be later on in 2023 as a matter of fact. The current VB numbers are for DV 2022 FY.

I have a question about the Address history in the AOS package. It’s asking for the addresses I have lived at during the past five years. Should we consider every single addresses even where we haven’t lived for so long??. Cuz I remember when I went for my visa interview before coming to the US, I stayed at an hotel for about 3 days. Should I mentioned that ?
Also, when I arrived in the US, I stayed in Maryland to my father’s friend for about a week, should I mentioned that as well?
I have also done some quick trip to nearby cities from where I currently live (I have spend like only one to two nights in many of them at my friends’ house). Should I still include their addresses in the package ?

Last edited:
Yup. It means you have to wait until whenever your CN becomes current after Oct. 1 2022. Which seems likely to be later on in 2023 as a matter of fact. The current VB numbers are for DV 2022 FY.
I already made my medical examination yesterday. I am wondering if this will work when I have to file my AOS ? Actually, I though I had to file before September, that is why I was doing everything pretty quickly. I think so I made a mistake.

I already made my medical examination yesterday. I am wondering if this will work when I have to file my AOS ? Actually, I though I had to file before September, that is why I was doing everything pretty quickly. I think so I made a mistake.
You have to file before September 2023, not 2022