• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2023 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Only

We had interview on may 3 ,2023 Europe 26k case was current on march send document in February recieved fingerprint for march 31 all was good . Attended interview everything went well . Officer said 95% I will approve this case within a week and 5% if any documents missing I will send request for evidence. I had even I-134 completed from us citizen son , even showed money in bank account . We were happy and left interview . So I was keep checking my case status online everyday since may 3 . Today my case was updated to denied I am so shocked . Trying to calm and wait for letter and see the reason . I never had any overstay or anything illegal here in us . I am still so depressed
Sorry to hear that. I hope you will find a way to change the decision.

Hi I have a quick question so for the adjustment of status for f1 student should they must have the valid visa during the day of interview Or not? because f1 student can stay in US as long as they maintain their student status despite of expiration of visa. I am the dv winner for Nepal(20K c.n.) and my f1 visa expire in may 2023. Since case number is too high, I dont see the case number becoming current before may 2023.
sir ma pani nepal bata ho. and my cn 20xx xa. hajur sanga cntact gardai sallaha garera garum venera. kun medium bata contact garna milxa?

hi mom, post biometrics on 05/08, case status has been updated for myself and my spouse but not for my 7 year old kid. Is this normal? I think, only one finger was taken for him and officer asked him to sign, and he wrote his first name..tht is what he said to me.

hi mom, post biometrics on 05/08, case status has been updated for myself and my spouse but not for my 7 year old kid. Is this normal? I think, only one finger was taken for him and officer asked him to sign, and he wrote his first name..tht is what he said to me.
Normal, I have the same: status has been updated only for me and my wife, daughter (4yo) stayed at " Case was received " One IL issued/address to all of us

Quite normal.

It's normal. My kid's status still shows 'case was received' but he got a separate IL.

Hi. I am going to an internship for this summer. The company is in the same state as my current address, and they will provide me with housing. The internship is only for 3 months and considering the processing time, I would like to know that can I use my current mailing address when I am filling the forms?

Thanks in advance

Hi. I am going to an internship for this summer. The company is in the same state as my current address, and they will provide me with housing. The internship is only for 3 months and considering the processing time, I would like to know that can I use my current mailing address when I am filling the forms?

Thanks in advance
Do you have constant access to your current mailing address for the next three months?

I attended my interview today. The IO went through the I-485 form while asking some questions, asked the Yes/No questions, and said that everything is in order. The IO said she has to request my paperwork from KCC and if everything is okay I should expect the card within 2-4 weeks, otherwise, she will communicate. Fingers crossed!

I attended my interview today. The IO went through the I-485 form while asking some questions, asked the Yes/No questions, and said that everything is in order. The IO said she has to request my paperwork from KCC and if everything is okay I should expect the card within 2-4 weeks, otherwise, she will communicate. Fingers crossed!
1. Is it usual to attend an interview and get feedback as stated above?
2. How long does it take IO to get hold of my records from KCC?

PS. My case status still reads "Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Taken"

1. Is it usual to attend an interview and get feedback as stated above?
2. How long does it take IO to get hold of my records from KCC?

PS. My case status still reads "Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Taken"
1. Yes.
2. Could be anywhere from a couple of days to several weeks.

HI Mom:
I did my fingerprint in Newark on April 3, 2023. I haven't received an interview letter yet and my case is still showing fingerprint taken and applied to your case. Do you advise
just waiting or is there a way to ask the office?

HI Mom:
I did my fingerprint in Newark on April 3, 2023. I haven't received an interview letter yet and my case is still showing fingerprint taken and applied to your case. Do you advise
1. Have you looked at your FOs historic records from previous years? How long does it take them to send the interview letter?
2. The best practice is to use the same name both in the forum and the spreadsheet.

HI Mom:
In addition to @Blade_’s spot on response, you need to add your data to the Timeline Spreadsheet. The information you’ve given so far does not provide us with enough information to know what could be going on with your case or what your next step could possibly be.

In addition to @Blade_’s spot on response, you need to add your data to the Timeline Spreadsheet. The information you’ve given so far does not provide us with enough information to know what could be going on with your case or what your next step could possibly be.
I think he/she is listed as 'Sprinkler'. The character 'l' is missing in the forum name.

I think he/she is listed as 'Sprinkler'. The character 'l' is missing in the forum name.
Oh, I see. Thanks for catching that. Aside from the name not matching, the info on the spreadsheet doesn’t quite correlate to what they posted here though. OP says they completed their bio at the Newark office while Elizabeth is listed as the ASC on the spreadsheet. Every little detail matters IMO, some folks do not seem to realize that.