• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2023 All Selectees (Consular Processing - CP)

Hello
Please what is the average time to wait to get your passport after visa interview ?
I am asking this question because I will take vacation where I work to travel for the interview ( need to know the number of days I will take )

Thanks in advance

I also posted this in the visa bulletin thread but might get more response here.

Any reason why the progression of case numbers becoming current for Oceania is so slow compared to the other regions? It appears the main embassies (Suva, Sydney & Auckland) are up to date on their interviews.

Hello
Please what is the average time to wait to get your passport after visa interview ?
I am asking this question because I will take vacation where I work to travel for the interview ( need to know the number of days I will take )

Thanks in advance
It varies. It could be ready within a couple of days after the interview or weeks, (stretching into months for some). The result of the additional background that needs to be conducted after the interview (and sometimes a review of the submitted documents) determines how long it may take to get the passport back.

In most cases, upon an immigrant visa approval, the non-immigrant visa gets cancelled without prejudice. In the case where it is not cancelled, your husband may politely request to be admitted on his C1/D visa at the POE, explaining why he needs to do so (note, he does not have the "power" to choose the status in which to be admitted), the CBP officer will make the ultimate decision on the call.
NOTE: Even if he's admitted as a LPR, he can depart almost immediately and return back home for the 2-3 months which you guys need before making the final move to the US.
I apologize for interfering in someone else's question but i have a question regarding the non-immigrant visa cancelation:
does a B1/B2 visa gets cancelled if the DV is refused ?

I apologize for interfering in someone else's question but i have a question regarding the non-immigrant visa cancelation:
does a B1/B2 visa gets cancelled if the DV is refused ?
I don’t know for certain. It may depend on the reason for the DV refusal.

I just received e-mail to check ESC page. So looks like I got finally the invite from Montreal and CEAC page status shows In Transit.

ESC page didn't change yet so I don't know yet when will be my interview.

Since my marital status has changed and I need to inform Montreal of the change can please someone give me a template of e-mail I can send to them to unlock my DS-260?

Is this the same template as used to e-mail KCC?

Since my marital status has changed and I need to inform Montreal of the change can please someone give me a template of e-mail I can send to them to unlock my DS-260?

Is this the same template as used to e-mail KCC?
There are no templates for contacting a particular embassy. Describe your situation, ask them to open DS-260. Keep it short and simple.

Hello,
We were processed by February and yesterday March 23rd we have received our Interview Letter for May 16th which is great since our job here in US will end in May.

1&2. Here’s what I feel you need to know (as against trying to over analyze the KCC’s processing or how). The sooner you submit your DS260 for CP, the sooner you get in the queue of DS260 forms to be processed and scheduled for an interview by KCC.

Good evening a preoccupation if the interview has already been scheduled for the month of May for a man who won with his wife. The wife has just given birth. What should be done in this case if the couple wish to travel with the new born. What are the different possibilities?

Good evening a preoccupation if the interview has already been scheduled for the month of May for a man who won with his wife. The wife has just given birth. What should be done in this case if the couple wish to travel with the new born. What are the different possibilities?
Contact the embassy to inform them of the baby’s birth. Request the embassy to unlock their DS260 forms to enable them update their own forms in addition to creating a separate DS260 form for the baby. Obtain baby’s passport and other applicable documents, ensure baby completes the medical exam with them.

Hello,

I have some questions regarding the interview:
1. I want to travel first to the US, than later my wife and kids will join me, do i ask for a separate interview for them on a later date, or we should attend together and i can travel alone and later they join. I ask this in regards to the sealed envelope, that will contain info for all of us. I'd appreciate a clarification on this matter.
2. What is the age limit for kids attending the interview, I don't think my 3 and 1 year old should attend right ?

Thank you in advance :)

Hello,

I have some questions regarding the interview:
1. I want to travel first to the US, than later my wife and kids will join me, do i ask for a separate interview for them on a later date, or we should attend together and i can travel alone and later they join. I ask this in regards to the sealed envelope, that will contain info for all of us. I'd appreciate a clarification on this matter.
2. What is the age limit for kids attending the interview, I don't think my 3 and 1 year old should attend right ?

Thank you in advance :)
1. You attend the interview together. You, as the selectee, can enter the US first without your family, or together with them. Each person will have their own sealed envelope which gets handed over when each person enters the US.
2. There’s no age limit. Even a day old baby is expected to attend the interview.

Contact the embassy to inform them of the baby’s birth. Request the embassy to unlock their DS260 forms to enable them update their own forms in addition to creating a separate DS260 form for the baby. Obtain baby’s passport and other applicable documents, ensure baby completes the medical exam with them.
Thanks

Hi Guys,

I have a question about providing funds/ assets for the interview. The consulate requires evidence of your own funds/assets to enable you to support yourself in the U.S. in the 2NL email.
I'm the only applicant who will join this interview, but I'm Ph.D. student in New Zealand without income(tuition paid by scholarship). I only have an apartment back in Turkey under my name, and saving is equal to 30k USD saving in my bank account. Will this be enough? Do I need to ask any house agent to evaluate my apartment value then provide an estimated value report?

How much do I need to show that I can support myself in the US? Is there a required amount?

Thank you in advance!