• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 OC Selectees

20th Sept. I booked my medical a few weeks ago in anticipation. Good job the 2NL came through today - I was going to cancel the medical this week.
That was smart, I should've done the same - it would've saved me over $1k (I have to travel to Perth for mine)

Can't answer on the hep b for certain but for other ones that you don't have they just jab you with them there I believe, so I would assume hep b. would be the same. So if you don't have it and can't prove it I guess you'll get an injection, they also can do serology tests there for things you can't prove. This is info I've heard about Epworth medical clinic at Suva (assuming youre going to Suva). Not sure if this delays your medical results or anything at all, but don't think it does.

Your best bet is just calling the medical place you are going to do and asking if they do the tests/injections there, will be the quickest way to get an answer. Hep b generally requires 3 doses over 6 weeks (or something like this) but someone else mention you only require at least the first, so even if they have to give it to you there it should be fine.

Also note if you do need vaccinations there, it might cost extra, so make sure you have extra $$ on you.
Did the extra vaccinations cost anything at Epworth? I have had none of the vaccinations so will be needing them all. The only thing I have had is chickenpox but have no way of proving it.

Did the extra vaccinations cost anything at Epworth? I have had none of the vaccinations so will be needing them all. The only thing I have had is chickenpox but have no way of proving it.
If you have had chickenpox you can prove it through a serology test. Im not too sure on if anyone was charged as I think everyone I know that went had all their vaccines, I didn't require any as I had all of mine done and serology tests for proof. Just heard some places charge and some don't (also might depend on the vaccine), so not too sure on Epworth.

My wife and daughter received 3 vaccinations between them at Epworth, we weren’t charged any extra

Hey everyone, I'm a Fiji DV selectee & I have a few questions that I need clarification on;

1) For those that have already arrived into USA through Tom Bradley International (LAX), which specific immigration customs line should we follow?
2) From the travel agency I booked with to secure my tickets (Fiji Airways), they provided me a CDC form titled 'Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination for Noncitizen Nonimmigrants Passenger Disclosure and Attestation to the United States of America' since I have an DV1 immigration visa, do I still need to fill it out even though its for Non-immigrants? Although I'll have my medical package, my proof of Covid vaccinations and other necessary docs the Fiji US Embassy gave me, is there any other CDC form besides the one I received by Fiji Airways that I need to have?
3) I'll be leaving on a one-way ticket with no intention of coming back to Fiji anytime soon, would that be an issue at LAX Customs?
4) If I were to leave USA a year later just for a few weeks, would it be a problem upon re-entering into the US?

I'd really appreciate any answers from those that have already entered into the US or received a similar CDC form. Thanks!

Hey everyone, I'm a Fiji DV selectee & I have a few questions that I need clarification on;

1) For those that have already arrived into USA through Tom Bradley International (LAX), which specific immigration customs line should we follow?
2) From the travel agency I booked with to secure my tickets (Fiji Airways), they provided me a CDC form titled 'Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination for Noncitizen Nonimmigrants Passenger Disclosure and Attestation to the United States of America' since I have an DV1 immigration visa, do I still need to fill it out even though its for Non-immigrants? Although I'll have my medical package, my proof of Covid vaccinations and other necessary docs the Fiji US Embassy gave me, is there any other CDC form besides the one I received by Fiji Airways that I need to have?
3) I'll be leaving on a one-way ticket with no intention of coming back to Fiji anytime soon, would that be an issue at LAX Customs?
4) If I were to leave USA a year later just for a few weeks, would it be a problem upon re-entering into the US?

I'd really appreciate any answers from those that have already entered into the US or received a similar CDC form. Thanks!
1. (General: Especially if the lines are long, ask an agent to direct you. Technically unless there is a “new immigrants” line which only a few airports have, you should enter the non-resident line, but sometimes they will let you use the LPR/citizen line)
2. You’re not a non immigrant, so no.
3. CBP will be only be happy to see a new immigrant on a one way ticket.
4. The issue is not how long you remain before you leave, it is how long you stay out before you come back. Ideally under 6 months, definitely less than a year (this remains the case regardless how many years you have been an LPR). A few weeks out is no problem at all.

To add to BrisOc22 - There are a bunch of vaccinations that are not available in Fiji so they actually tick them off as not administered due to not being available, and you still clear the medical.

What ticketing agents are people in Fiji using to book tickets. One way tickets are ridiculously high, priced at Fj$1996 for one way to Sacramento
Why so much

What ticketing agents are people in Fiji using to book tickets. One way tickets are ridiculously high, priced at Fj$1996 for one way to Sacramento
Why so much
This is pretty normal at the moment for one way tickets. Inflation + covid, ticket prices have been pretty high for awhile, unlikely it will be going down soon. $1250 - 1400 AUD (approx 1900 - 2,128.89 FJ) if you want a direct flight to LAX from Australia (Brisbane) right now, thats close to what my return tickets use to be. Some Australians have gotten deals that have popped up (from Quantas, assume others have random deals too) if you aren't fussed about the dates in particular so you could wait and hope for something like that to come up. Or look into non-direct flights, I found some that were about $500 cheaper than direct that go to Vancouver International Airport first and only adds on about 3-4 hours.

I
This is pretty normal at the moment for one way tickets. Inflation + covid, ticket prices have been pretty high for awhile, unlikely it will be going down soon. $1250 - 1400 AUD (approx 1900 - 2,128.89 FJ) if you want a direct flight to LAX from Australia (Brisbane) right now, thats close to what my return tickets use to be. Some Australians have gotten deals that have popped up (from Quantas, assume others have random deals too) if you aren't fussed about the dates in particular so you could wait and hope for something like that to come up. Or look into non-direct flights, I found some that were about $500 cheaper than direct that go to Vancouver International Airport first and only adds on about 3-4 hours.
I got a flight from Syd-NZ- direct to nyc for $1300

Or look into non-direct flights, I found some that were about $500 cheaper than direct that go to Vancouver International Airport first and only adds on about 3-4 hours.
I believe Fijians require visas for Canada, and may for other transit countries, so that is another consideration.

Also bear in mind that for some airlines it’s cheaper to book return than one way (even if you don’t plan to use the return leg). Always check.

Hi everyone!
Can I use travel insurance as temporary insurance ? I was looking at getting 3 months
I don't see why not if you are entering to activate the visa and then leaving. It's important to have any medical coverage while there but seems that you'll need to enter the US medical insurance system once you finally settle there. Otherwise what would be the point of obtaining medical cover while not there yet?

Perhaps someone else can add to my response.

Hi everyone!
Can I use travel insurance as temporary insurance ? I was looking at getting 3 months
I think you can, thats what the agent at Flight Centre told me the other day when I booked my ticket from Syd to LAX, but he said to check with the travel insurance people. I usually go with Covermoore, so i'll be checking with them soon. I'll be arriving in LA a few days after Xmas. Does anyone know when the best time is to pay the USCIS fee for the greencard. Is it better to just pay it a few weeks before I depart.

I think you can, thats what the agent at Flight Centre told me the other day when I booked my ticket from Syd to LAX, but he said to check with the travel insurance people. I usually go with Covermoore, so i'll be checking with them soon. I'll be arriving in LA a few days after Xmas. Does anyone know when the best time is to pay the USCIS fee for the greencard. Is it better to just pay it a few weeks before I depart.
Doesn’t really matter as long as it’s before or very soon after you land in the US.

Well after 3 months to the day of my interview Suva emailed me this afternoon advising AP of my DV case has been completed and to send them my passport.

Seeing Suva is now mentioning a Visa Packet can I assume this is an approval? as CEAC updated my case status today from Refused to Ready for an interview.

------------------
2022OC5XX
1NL received 9 May 2021
DS 260 submitted 2 November 2021
No documents requested or submitted
Ready to be scheduled for interview 24 December 2021
Current as of 1 January 2022
2NL received 19 April 2022
Interviewed at Embassy Suva 26 May 2022
Placed into Administrative Processing 26 May 2022
Cleared Administrative Processing 26 August 2022

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-08-26-13-43-33-74_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-08-26-13-43-33-74_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    368.2 KB · Views: 17
Well after 3 months to the day of my interview Suva emailed me this afternoon advising AP of my DV case has been completed and to send them my passport.

Seeing Suva is now mentioning a Visa Packet can I assume this is an approval? as CEAC updated my case status today from Refused to Ready for an interview.

------------------
2022OC5XX
1NL received 9 May 2021
DS 260 submitted 2 November 2021
No documents requested or submitted
Ready to be scheduled for interview 24 December 2021
Current as of 1 January 2022
2NL received 19 April 2022
Interviewed at Embassy Suva 26 May 2022
Placed into Administrative Processing 26 May 2022
Cleared Administrative Processing 26 August 2022
Wonderful to see you finally got there…

Hi all, quick question about paying the USCIS fee for the greencard here… hopefully there are still people checking this thread.
Has anyone else had trouble paying for the USCIS immigrant fee? They won’t send your greencard unless you do. I never received instructions on how to do it when I went through customs here and got my visa stamped. I was also told that they would send me instructions in a letter with information on how to pay it within 2 weeks, it’s now been 3 weeks. If I attempt to pay it online it won’t accept my DOS number, and I spoke to the lady on the phone who said there’s not much she can do about it on her end.
So I’m kinda stuck. If I can’t get my physical greencard I’ll have to keep getting my visa stamped every year. And there seems to be no avenue for help.

I’m wondering if anyone else has a similar experience/any advice.

Cheers.