• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 OC Selectees

Hi all. PSA:
Hey all. I’m at the doctors doing the medical and they said they added a vaccine requirement on the weekend. We now need proof of Hep B shots up to age 59.

He said I can do a blood test to prove immunity or take a booster. Blood test takes 5 days to get results here in Canada.

cdc. gov/immigrantrefugeehealth/pdf/Vaccine-Requirements-According-to-Applicant-Age-p..

oh thanks for update. I'm getting my blood work done Monday in Australia. Do I just ask for a blood test to see what vaccines I have or should I be more specific to make sure I get tested for more specific things.

Hi all. PSA:
Hey all. I’m at the doctors doing the medical and they said they added a vaccine requirement on the weekend. We now need proof of Hep B shots up to age 59.

He said I can do a blood test to prove immunity or take a booster. Blood test takes 5 days to get results here in Canada.

cdc. gov/immigrantrefugeehealth/pdf/Vaccine-Requirements-According-to-Applicant-Age-p.pdf
Yes, that is correct. CDC recently updated the list.

You should get tested for specific vaccines. The requirements depend on your age. I couldn’t post the link properly but it’s in the pdf I pasted in.

For me I’m in the 18-64 age range and needed to prove: TDAP (tetanus), MMR ( mumps, measles and rubella), varicella (chicken pox) and covid shots.

I’m at the lab now to get my hep B and syphyllis check (the immigration doctor orders it).

Looking closer at the pdf it looks like the flu vaccine requirements might have changed too, so those of you down under might need that too… maybe.
It’s not flu season where I am, so I guess that’s why the doc didn’t ask for it.

Hello OC, I know you only need to provide proof of high school completion. But are people also taking their primary school graduation certificate? My husband and I have no records of our primary school graduation certificates, we have high school graduation certificate ready to go. Has any body taken primary things or just left it out as per guidelines? Just worried they'll ask for proof and we won't have any.
Hi Drm22,

I think you're referring to this quote here which I believe is irrelevant. I'm not sure how your primary school records can prove to the embassy you have what it takes to support yourself in the US. However, having a high school diploma is essential and a Bachelors/Masters degree is greatly appreciated but not necessary.
There are not enough hours in the day BrisOC22 to properly respond to your above post, however I do note as recent as within the last week BS himself had to correct you on one of your pieces of "advice" in this thread. Wasn't it you who also posted some may not be able to afford a transfer to Suva? more of your speculation or you know this as fact?

What a foolish thing to say on a Forum almost certainly monitored by DOS, kind of subjects us all to public charge vetting if read by DOS, that won't affect me, but if your comment is based on fact, it may affect others, maybe you and your spouse?

A question for you and any other plaintiff - DOS offers a deal to your lawyers, drop the lawsuits and we will arrange for interviews for all your clients at a post OUTSIDE OF AUSTRALIA WITHIN A MONTH, what do you do?, Accept the deal or wait for Sydney to open?, If your answer is accept the deal why on earth are you not transferring to Suva NOW? Are you aware as of 20 April 2022 Suva had available interview slots for May?, They actually let me pick my own slot from a list of slots they provided me when I asked to reschedule my interview.

As for your "telegram group screen shot evidence" my DOS issued 2NL trumps that any day, but this is not a contest. Read between the lines, I'm actually trying to help, even you, maybe you and others can reach out to PNG, if Suva are now accepting Australians and allowing them to return to Australia, then post their passport back to Suva, maybe Port Moresby will too, and Port Moresby is closer to Brisbane than Suva is.

I can supply a screen shot of Port Moresby offering to accept my case back in January if KCC allowed it if anyone wants to contact Port Moresby.

Or you can wait for Sydney to open, but read the comments by others who have or are trying to now transfer to Suva, we all can't be wrong, and unfortunately, apart from the FACT others not on this forum are doing the same, as of last Sunday KCC is now being flooded with DV 2023 enquiries and DS 260s, so they may not have the time they had a month ago to respond to transfer requests to Suva in 24hrs like they did with me and others, and you need KCC onboard to do this because relying upon Suva to may not work, I emailed Suva late March, and no movement happened until I emailed KCC in mid April. When I emailed KCC I had my 2NL within a week.

Just my know it all opinion, but considering our case numbers are close, maybe you should ask yourself why you don't have a 2NL?
--------------------------
2022OC5XX
1NL received 9 May 2021
DS 260 submitted 2 November 2021
No documents requested or submitted
Ready to be scheduled for interview 24 December 2021
Current as of 1 January 2022
2NL received 19 April 2022

Hey Tom. You need to select 33 View attachment 3507
I thought the Police certificate depends on what state in Australia you live in. For example, if ACT then it is via AFP, but say if you like in NSW, then the Police Certificate is the one from the NSW Police.

I guess in theory, it can't hurt to have both, if the option avails itself.

Per the details from the (afp dot gov dot au website), see the last one (the red dot)
1653513995215.png

Advice from others who've been through the process is welcome.

I thought the Police certificate depends on what state in Australia you live in. For example, if ACT then it is via AFP, but say if you like in NSW, then the Police Certificate is the one from the NSW Police.

Per the details from the (afp dot gov dot au website), see the last one (the red dot)
View attachment 3511

As per the department of state website reciprocity page you need to get it from the Australian Federal Police (AFP). Doesn’t matter which state you live in. Also make sure you select the right code (it states which one on the reciprocity page) as a lot of people seem to pick the wrong one.

DD93E5EC-EF12-47AB-963A-712AB67783C4.jpeg

Always follow the Dept of State reciprocity page for what civil documents to get. That is what they require, so that’s what you get. They don’t always want the same things as other country embassies or organizations might use.

I don't imagine anyone in here is one of the few cases 'Ready' at the Auckland embassy? Just curious to hear what month the interview is for if so.
Looks like Fiji took another 16 today and Auckland is still at 0 for July 2NLs

Yes, that is correct. CDC recently updated the list.

Hi Simon,
So I’m slightly stressing out about this new Hep B requirement. My medical needs it, and I won’t get test results for 3-5 business days and my interview is in 2 weeks.

From what I’ve read on the internet, the immunity can fade out of your blood system and might not be detected in tests. I’m pretty sure I got them as a kid but I’m not 100% sure because it was only introduced in Australia in 1983 and it wasn’t recommended to kids till much later around 1996. There’s no medical records either cause things weren’t organized back then. One day you’d turn up to school and get random jabs for a lollypop. No idea what they were for.

Plus I’m flying out to my interview in 2 days.
I tried calling around a few medical clinics to get a booster shot and I can’t get an appointment till mid June, and all the walk-in clinics I’ve called don’t have it in stock.

I’m curious what happened to people when the covid vaccine requirement was introduced and people were stuck between immigration medicals and appointments?
The covid vaccine needs to be taken a few weeks apart, and likewise the hep b shot is a minimum 2 months to complete all 3 required shots. So what happens if you don’t have the requires shots in time for your interview?

I don't imagine anyone in here is one of the few cases 'Ready' at the Auckland embassy? Just curious to hear what month the interview is for if so.
Looks like Fiji took another 16 today and Auckland is still at 0 for July 2NLs
I’m Auckland but I’m still at NVC. I see there is a OC23XX case number ready at Auckland which is quite a high number. How can you tell Suva accepted 16 cases today?

I'm one of the 16 evidently -- I just got the email from Suva saying my interview has been scheduled for 13 July!

In the embassy's original email, they said I would be scheduled in "August or September" so I thought this was interesting that I had got a July slot. Perhaps there have been cancellations? Surprised to have heard back from them so quickly as I was expecting to get this email around mid-June based on what they've been doing.

I'm one of the 16 evidently -- I just got the email from Suva saying my interview has been scheduled for 13 July!

In the embassy's original email, they said I would be scheduled in "August or September" so I thought this was interesting that I had got a July slot. Perhaps there have been cancellations? Surprised to have heard back from them so quickly as I was expecting to get this email around mid-June based on what they've been doing.
Oh nice! Yeah they must be filling some spots. What case number are you?

Hi Simon,
So I’m slightly stressing out about this new Hep B requirement. My medical needs it, and I won’t get test results for 3-5 business days and my interview is in 2 weeks.

From what I’ve read on the internet, the immunity can fade out of your blood system and might not be detected in tests. I’m pretty sure I got them as a kid but I’m not 100% sure because it was only introduced in Australia in 1983 and it wasn’t recommended to kids till much later around 1996. There’s no medical records either cause things weren’t organized back then. One day you’d turn up to school and get random jabs for a lollypop. No idea what they were for.

I tried calling around a few medical clinics to get a booster shot and I can’t get an appointment till mid June, and all the walk-in clinics I’ve called don’t have it in stock.

I’m curious what happened to people when the covid vaccine requirement was introduced and people were stuck between immigration medicals and appointments?
The covid vaccine needs to be taken a few weeks apart, and likewise the hep b shot is a minimum 2 months to complete all 3 required shots. So what happens if you don’t have the requires shots in time for your interview?
I'm seeing the 2 month variety is for within the US only and that it's potentially as long as a 6 month period for the 3 shots at least in NZ?

Hi Simon,

Can't answer on the hep b for certain but for other ones that you don't have they just jab you with them there I believe, so I would assume hep b. would be the same. So if you don't have it and can't prove it I guess you'll get an injection, they also can do serology tests there for things you can't prove. This is info I've heard about Epworth medical clinic at Suva (assuming youre going to Suva). Not sure if this delays your medical results or anything at all, but don't think it does.

Your best bet is just calling the medical place you are going to do and asking if they do the tests/injections there, will be the quickest way to get an answer. Hep b generally requires 3 doses over 6 weeks (or something like this) but someone else mention you only require at least the first, so even if they have to give it to you there it should be fine.

Also note if you do need vaccinations there, it might cost extra, so make sure you have extra $$ on you.

Can't answer on the hep b for certain but for other ones that you don't have they just jab you with them there I believe, so I would assume hep b. would be the same. So if you don't have it and can't prove it I guess you'll get an injection, they also can do serology tests there for things you can't prove. This is info I've heard about Epworth medical clinic at Suva (assuming youre going to Suva). Not sure if this delays your medical results or anything at all, but don't think it does.

Your best bet is just calling the medical place you are going to do and asking if they do the tests/injections there, will be the quickest way to get an answer. Hep b generally requires 3 doses over 6 weeks (or something like this) but someone else mention you only require at least the first, so even if they have to give it to you there it should be fine.

Also note if you do need vaccinations there, it might cost extra, so make sure you have extra $$ on you.
Sure you will get it at epworth clinic. when we were there in the first week of May, my kids were given a Hep shot.

Hi Simon,

If you’re not able to demonstrate you’ve previously taken a required vaccine, it will be administered as part of your medical, no big deal. And for the purpose of completing the medical exam, the series do not need to be completed, the panel physical will sign off on the medical report following the first shot (you’ll be informed to complete the rest on your own).

The exception to this though is the COVID vaccine, the series must be completed (for a two dose vaccine) before the panel physician can sign off on the medical as being complete. If you attend the interview without having completed the medical exam, the case gets put on AP until the medical report is received. Some embassies however will cancel the interview altogether and request one reschedule after completing the medical exam.

p.s. I’m not Simon.

Hi all. PSA:

cdc. gov/immigrantrefugeehealth/pdf/Vaccine-Requirements-According-to-Applicant-Age-p.pdf
Thanks for the update! I can see on the link it states "refugee". Is this list also for DV?

Thank you @Sm1smom for the reassurance and information. Sorry for confusing you for Simon, lol, I was up late when I wrote that.

I managed to get a Hep B booster today from a Dr that specializes in travel vaccines. Luckily they stock lots of vaccines for emergencies and urgent needs. It cost $119 but I’d rather have the peace of mind than stress about it for another week.

The immigration doctor I saw does not administer vaccines, so not all doctors will be able to help.

@AUDV2022 the link that Mom and I posted is for “Immigrant, Refugee and Migrant Health”. We fall into the Immigrant category. The pdf has the full list of requirements.

I'm seeing the 2 month variety is for within the US only and that it's potentially as long as a 6 month period for the 3 shots at least in NZ?
0,1,6 is the recommended schedule but it can be expedited to 0,1,2 months if really needed. It depends on the country, I saw USA and Canada allow it, I think I saw it in fine print for Australia too. Not sure about NZ.