• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 OC Selectees

Okay. Question. There’s been lots of confusion around it.

My gp said that rotavirus, polio, and hib are immunizations only given to children.
They don’t have a serology test for them.
They also don’t have a test for pneumococcal and meningococcal.

I had my ADT booster, heb b shot, and my serology report informed me that I was immune to Hep A, Varicella, Rubella, Measles and Mumps.

I have also had my flu shot and up to date on Covid shots.

Is this suffice for my medical in Fiji?

Don’t rely on your GP. Call the Suva medical office to verify.

Assuming you are 18-64, it seems like you have everything. Bring proof of all your shots and serology results.

The only questionable one is your ADT booster. Some immigration doctors here in Canada require proof of at least one shot of Tdap/ Dtap which includes whooping cough. Other doctors don’t require it. So you better check what Suva asks for. Also the tdap is not a big deal, if you need it they might just jab you with it on the spot.

My gp said that rotavirus, polio, and hib are immunizations only given to children.

I had my ADT booster, heb b shot, and my serology report informed me that I was immune to Hep A, Varicella, Rubella, Measles and Mumps.

You're going to get different answers depending on who answers, as not everyone is going to the same medical clinic.

For instance the Sydney medical place that does it (when sydney is operating) here says all you require is:
- Flu vaccine (if your medical is before Oct 1)
- MMR (Measles Mumps Rubella)
- Tetanus Diphtheria Pertussis
- Varicella

So these are the main ones, since then HepB and covid have been added. Depending on your clinic (everyone except 1 poster recently) has said their medical gives you vaccines there and can also do serology tests. So depending on your clinic, if they offer that, you really dont have anything to worry about as anything you miss they will just test you there/give you the vaccination there. So unless you're an anti-vaxer, or cant receive certain vaccinations and don't bring proof of why, then you'll be fine.

If you want the true and correct answer though, without any confusion or different answers, you're best off just calling the place you have booked your medical. I've called Epworth Medical Clinic and all they say is to bring, list of vaccinations, passport style photos, and covid certificate and you're good to go. So sounds like (and others have said they have received serology and vacations there) they'll handle everything else that comes up. But yeah tldr; depends on your medical place, best off checking their specific requirements rather than trying to decipher answers from multiple different people going to different clinics.

Most going to Epworth have also been checked for syphilis.

whatever doesn’t suffice, they will give you there. I know aussies like trying to get everything done ahead of time for cost reasons (at least that’s the reason that’s been mentioned a number of times here before), but it’s not necessary (other than for covid shots). The panel doctors will give you what you need. This is part of what they do.

You're going to get different answers depending on who answers, as not everyone is going to the same medical clinic.

For instance the Sydney medical place that does it (when sydney is operating) here says all you require is:
- Varicella

So these are the main ones, since then HepB and covid have been added. Depending on your clinic (everyone except 1 poster recently) has said their medical gives you vaccines there and can also do serology tests. So depending on your clinic, if they offer that, you really dont have anything to worry about as anything you miss they will just test you there/give you the vaccination there. So unless you're an anti-vaxer, or cant receive certain vaccinations and don't bring proof of why, then you'll be fine.

If you want the true and correct answer though, without any confusion or different answers, you're best off just calling the place you have booked your medical. I've called Epworth Medical Clinic and all they say is to bring, list of vaccinations, passport style photos, and covid certificate and you're good to go. So sounds like (and others have said they have received serology and vacations there) they'll handle everything else that comes up. But yeah tldr; depends on your medical place, best off checking their specific requirements rather than trying to decipher answers from multiple different people going to different clinics.

Panel doctors everywhere follow the exact same requirements, per the CDC. The only thing that might differ at a point in time is the flu shot as different regions don’t all have flu season at the same time.

- Varicella

This is great, thankyou

I have seen the latest excel ceac data as @28th May..for OC (Suva mainly)
Alot of cases have been refused...
Any one would like to share the reason for this refusals....

Vinaka

I
I have seen the latest excel ceac data as @28th May..for OC (Suva mainly)
Alot of cases have been refused...
Any one would like to share the reason for this refusals....

Vinaka
One of the reasons could be that these cases are undergoing AP thus will be marked as Refused and another is early interviews in May of cases above 1200 awaiting their case numbers to become current in June so that their visas can then be issued.

I thought the Police certificate depends on what state in Australia you live in. For example, if ACT then it is via AFP, but say if you like in NSW, then the Police Certificate is the one from the NSW Police.

I guess in theory, it can't hurt to have both, if the option avails itself.

Per the details from the (afp dot gov dot au website), see the last one (the red dot)
View attachment 3511

Advice from others who've been through the process is welcome.
I received national police certificate issued by Qld police (name in top right corner of certificate - Qld, NSW etc). Spoke to Suva and they confirmed last week that my Police certificate can only be obtained through the offical AFP website ($42) and no fingerprints are required. So I have ordered a certificate online for myself and my wife. Her's came through within 48 hours but I am yet to receive mine. You receive a digital copy of the certificate but can request a hard copy be sent to you in the mail as well when you order online. Certificates from AFP have a verification QR code on them that takes you back into the AFP website. Hope that helps.

I received national police certificate issued by Qld police (name in top right corner of certificate - Qld, NSW etc). Spoke to Suva and they confirmed last week that my Police certificate can only be obtained through the offical AFP website ($42) and no fingerprints are required. So I have ordered a certificate online for myself and my wife. Her's came through within 48 hours but I am yet to receive mine. You receive a digital copy of the certificate but can request a hard copy be sent to you in the mail as well when you order online. Certificates from AFP have a verification QR code on them that takes you back into the AFP website. Hope that helps.
Have you definitely selected the right police certificate? Code 33? Neither my code 33 or code 35 (what most get by mistake) have a QR code on them. I never got a digital copy either and took about 3-4 weeks for mine to arrive in the mail

Hi all, I have noticed a lot of people mentioning the Epworth clinic as where the majority are booking their medicals but has anyone had any experience so far with the other Fijian authorised physicians? I will be flying into nadi about 5 days before my interview and wondered whether one of the Lautoka Doctors might be a better option as am only planning to travel to Suva just before the interview. Also interesting to see noone has mentioned Dr Rosemary in Suva yet either. Is Epworth where everyone is going?

Hi all, I have noticed a lot of people mentioning the Epworth clinic as where the majority are booking their medicals but has anyone had any experience so far with the other Fijian authorised physicians? I will be flying into nadi about 5 days before my interview and wondered whether one of the Lautoka Doctors might be a better option as am only planning to travel to Suva just before the interview. Also interesting to see noone has mentioned Dr Rosemary in Suva yet either. Is Epworth where everyone is going?
Cant speak on the others, I am just going to Epworth based on the good experience from everyone else that has gone (and it's location).

As for the Dr Rosemary part, the document Suva sent me after confirming my interview with the list of approved physicians only shows 2 in Suva which are Dr. John C. Fatiaki at Epworth Clinic and Dr. Krupali Tappoo at Tappoo Medical Center. After googling it seems like Dr Rosemary is listed on some sites as the Tappoo one, but I guess they've either changed or she isn't the one that does it for DV, but Im guessing this is why she isn't mentioned.

Thanks everyone for sharing regarding medical stuff, as I had questions around this too. So for those of us from Australia i'm pretty sure that we all had to get the Measles, Mumps, Rubella shots from 0-4, though if we were born before 1996 I was told no records were kept before. @BrisOC22 are you saying that shots like these would be detected in the serology report and would probably not have to worry about getting these at the clinic since we've got no way of proving that we had them when we were kids.

What constitutes as immunisation evidence from an Australian doctor if presented to the medical physician in Suva? A certified certificate of immunisation?

Thanks everyone for sharing regarding medical stuff, as I had questions around this too. So for those of us from Australia i'm pretty sure that we all had to get the Measles, Mumps, Rubella shots from 0-4, though if we were born before 1996 I was told no records were kept before. @BrisOC22 are you saying that shots like these would be detected in the serology report and would probably not have to worry about getting these at the clinic since we've got no way of proving that we had them when we were kids.
MMR (measles, mumps and rubella) will be detected in serology tests. I had mine in 2000 (born 1995) and mine showed I was no longer immune against 1 of the 3 (I don't remember which). Being not immune to even 1 of them means you will require another shot of the whole thing, so if you got yours even earlier than that there's a good chance (of course everyones bodies are different so could last longer for some) you will require a booster as well.

But yes serology test can be used to prove MOST (someone at epworth toady was told their hep b serology test wasn't adequate because apparently that one just shows if you are positive or negative, not the antibodies that show if you are immune) so had to pay 150 FJ for a booster since they didn't have records similar to you. But serology test as far as I've been told should suffice for most others as it shows how many antibodies (immunity level) you have.

Hi, I was wondering if anyone would share their experience in Suva. We are arriving in Suva and staying there for 3 days for our medical and interview. Could anyone recommend hotels/ places to visit/ or avoid. We will be travelling to Coral coast for the reminder of our stay for 3 days and then leaving via Nadia. Thanks guys.

I’m considering Lautoka too! As it suits much better to/from Nadi. I’ve sent them an email and will call today to get some info re turn around times.

I’ve already booked Epworth because of everyone’s positive experiences but it means staying in Suva for 7 nights between the medical and interview which is a bit annoying but might have to be done!

Okay I just spoke to Dr. Mukesh C. Bhagat office at Avenue Clinic in Lautoka.
Have any women who have had their medical/tried to book an appointment been told that you can't do the urine sample if you're menstruating at the time? It sounded a little strange...

Hello OC, I know you only need to provide proof of high school completion. But are people also taking their primary school graduation certificate? My husband and I have no records of our primary school graduation certificates, we have high school graduation certificate ready to go. Has any body taken primary things or just left it out as per guidelines? Just worried they'll ask for proof and we won't have any.
Hi,

I took all from primary, secondary and tertiary just in case they might request for it but they only took my tertiary qualifications. Hope all goes well with your family. All the best.

Okay I just spoke to Dr. Mukesh C. Bhagat office at Avenue Clinic in Lautoka.
Have any women who have had their medical/tried to book an appointment been told that you can't do the urine sample if you're menstruating at the time? It sounded a little strange...
That’s quite normal, Google it.