• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 OC Selectees

It’s truly financially and work distressing to get to Suva in July. I don’t know what to do! What’s the process to find out?
Do you already have an interview scheduled? If not it might be worth trying to go back. If you already have one maybe just take it. Who knows when Sydney will issue more, if you have a high CN and they only do 46 a month (depending on if they are still only doing it 1 day a week like usual or not) you won't be sure when you'll get an interview.

I would check with Simon though if Suva has accepted your file I would definitely go with them. I was on one of the legal cases which I feel is why my interview was picked up....
Should be in CN order otherwise they'd get another lawsuit :p They have to go in CN order

You have 6 months to activate it from your medical. Once it's activated you are a LPR (Lawful permanent residents) and have to follow the rules of being an LPR, and part of keeping it is not being out of the country for more than a year, but you also cant just come back to reset it for a week over and over, since you have to prove your intention is to immigrate (since that is the point of it). So to answer your question basically 6 months from medical to activate, and should be moving within a year. Susie answered the same question here and provided some links on maintaining LPR status - https://forums.immigration.com/thre...ving-us-for-a-certain-period-of-times.345907/

Police certificates are just for your interview, shouldn't matter after that, they also don't expire its just certain places have different dates from what they consider recent enough.
Thank you so much! Super helpful.

It’s truly financially and work distressing to get to Suva in July. I don’t know what to do! What’s the process to find out?
Hi Melb2021, I am a similar situation to you: high case number (20XX) and struggling to justify a trip to Suva with regards to cost and time off work. But..... I have decided to do it - received 2NL last week for July. What made me go for it was the realisation that this is an opportunity, and with that comes with difficult decisions such as these. Added to that is the fact that if the Sydney office is not yet open, and if it does open, it's still not a guarantee that I'll receive an interview there. I realise that there is a significant cost to head to Fiji (for both my wife and I it will be around $4k including airfares, medicals, fees and accommodation), but without wanting to sound too philosophical (or convince you otherwise), many things in life require some degree of effort.

Finally, the experiential posts of people who have already gone through this process have proven so valuable.

Should be in CN order otherwise they'd get another lawsuit :p They have to go in CN order
Yes true! I did see that a lot of DVs lower than me transferred to Suva which is perhaps another reason why my interview came up. Upon reflection, Melb2021, I would definitely go to Suva if your number is in the 2xxx range...

Hi guys.

I just received an interview for Sydney for late June.

Quick question: I graduated high school in 2001 and have a certificate of graduation stating that I completed year 12. However, I am one unit short of completing VCE. Which is needed, completion of high school or completion of VCE? I just asked Simon on his site and thought I'd ask here too in the meantime.

OC3xx

Hi guys.

I just received an interview for Sydney for late June.

Quick question: I graduated high school in 2001 and have a certificate of graduation stating that I completed year 12. However, I am one unit short of completing VCE. Which is needed, completion of high school or completion of VCE? I just asked Simon on his site and thought I'd ask here too in the meantime.

OC3xx
How about work experience instead? P.S. did you get MLC Centre for your interview (I did)? I thought the place was closed...

This morning, I got a 2NL for Sydney June 08....? MLC centre too?? how is anyone expected to even get the medical sorted in time for that.

This morning, I got a 2NL for Sydney June 08....? MLC centre too?? how is anyone expected to even get the medical sorted in time for that.
I have spoken to some of the ohsycians they said we can do it after but I have emailed the embassy to confirm.

I have spoken to some of the ohsycians they said we can do it after but I have emailed the embassy to confirm.
Ive read of past experiences like that too where people go into the interview without the medical and then get approved at a later date.

I have emailed them. I thought that have moved to North Sydney...
would be interesting to see them conducting interview at the old location? that raises the question, why havnt they been doing it all this time and waiting until now to continue using it?

Have you definitely selected the right police certificate? Code 33? Neither my code 33 or code 35 (what most get by mistake) have a QR code on them. I never got a digital copy either and took about 3-4 weeks for mine to arrive in the mail
Yes. Code 33. Directly through the AFP website. Looks different to my other one and has Immigration/Citizenship as a headline.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-06-01 at 3.58.24 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2022-06-01 at 3.58.24 pm.png
    51.7 KB · Views: 13
Yes. Code 33. Directly through the AFP website. Looks different to my other one and has Immigration/Citizenship as a headline.

It seems the AFP has updated their certificates to digital secure pdf (see attached image from their website). It says you can still obtain the hard copy you just have to opt in to get it when applying for your certificate.

The embassy might not be aware or updated with the changes yet, so probably best to still order a hard copy for anyone requesting one.

You could also check with the embassy to see if they’re fine with the new digital one to save you having to pay for another one.

Not sure how long DoS takes to update their reciprocity pages.

83A41F44-9B7E-4B3B-AD4C-FDFBBC923A0B.jpeg

June. Oh man. Whilst I appreciate they are trying to actually DO something, they should use some common sense. If you don't get the medical in time, attend anyway and follow on with the medical results.

Perhaps they can provisionally approve the visa pending a normal medical? Either that or they are setting people up to legally fail to avoid law suites....(that's just my inner cynical mind speaking tho)