• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 OC Selectees

On the reciprocity page it mentions certified copies available from the AFP, I assume this for taking to the interview?

On the reciprocity page it mentions certified copies available from the AFP, I assume this for taking to the interview?
It seems that could just be a generic statement on the page, I think you just take the original police certificate you receive...

AusOC, that was my take on it originally too, but I’m second guessing everything now, I was expecting my DQ email anytime, but got a request for more docs yesterday. Been tearing my hair out and pouring over every detail now.

AusOC, that was my take on it originally too, but I’m second guessing everything now, I was expecting my DQ email anytime, but got a request for more docs yesterday. Been tearing my hair out and pouring over every detail now.
Yeah totally understand!! Did they at least give you details on what docs weren't correct?? Or just generic "we need more'?
So lucky we have these forums so we don't have to navigate this alone!

No details, same email as the first request, but it included a link to the reciprocity page. I have tried to call them, many times, but they don’t answer. I have sent an email for details, but as we know, that will take 6 weeks.
I poured over my already submitted docs and believe I made an error with our marriage certificate, I only submitted one copy with both our names in the doc name. So I have rectified that to two copies now, one for each of us. But as I mentioned, I’m now second guessing everything else, what if that was ok, what else could it be, maybe I missed something else, etc. I resubmitted all docs yesterday and just have to sit and wait.

No details, same email as the first request, but it included a link to the reciprocity page. I have tried to call them, many times, but they don’t answer. I have sent an email for details, but as we know, that will take 6 weeks.
I poured over my already submitted docs and believe I made an error with our marriage certificate, I only submitted one copy with both our names in the doc name. So I have rectified that to two copies now, one for each of us. But as I mentioned, I’m now second guessing everything else, what if that was ok, what else could it be, maybe I missed something else, etc. I resubmitted all docs yesterday and just have to sit and wait.
That must be SO frustrating, I am so sorry to hear!! Perhaps an overseas police clearance if you lived close to 12 months? Or a court certificate if you had anything on your AFP clearance? Or a marriage certificate from a previous marriage? Or did you Renee passport and not send both?
Or another thought, could the file size / email size be too big and losing some of the docs?
Just trying to help think of what it could be!

Each applicant needs a complete set of documents which requires a separate marriage certificate for each spouse.

BINGO!!! If you only previously submitted one copy of your marriage certificate with both your names in the doc name, that is the reason you got sent another doc request email. You need to copies, each one properly named with each person’s name like the rest of your documents.

I know, it’s killing me.
Both our passports are less than 12 months old.
Neither have been married before.
No military history
No criminal history
My birth certificate is Australian and long form, all parents details
Wife’s is from UK, long form, but hand written original (from 1967).
Correct AFP police check, code 33.
Like I say, I’m hoping it’s my stuff up with the marriage certificate.
Only other thing I can think of is as my wife was born in the UK, they may be looking for a police check from there, but she came to Australia at the age of 3, so I don’t think that should count.

Thanks mom, I realised that after I sent them originally. Damn I thought. So I’ve corrected that one, but the panic has set in and I keep thinking maybe something else is missing or wrong.

I know, it’s killing me.
Both our passports are less than 12 months old.
Neither have been married before.
No military history
No criminal history
My birth certificate is Australian and long form, all parents details
Wife’s is from UK, long form, but hand written original (from 1967).
Correct AFP police check, code 33.
Like I say, I’m hoping it’s my stuff up with the marriage certificate.
Only other thing I can think of is as my wife was born in the UK, they may be looking for a police check from there, but she came to Australia at the age of 3, so I don’t think that should count.
The handwritten certificate could be a problem. Different country but we had to get computer generated versions of the old handwritten certificates.

Each applicant needs a complete set of documents which requires a separate marriage certificate for each spouse.
Hi @SusieQQQ you mean we need to send the same marriage certificate twice with the name of each spouse even if we haven't been married before? Joe_Blogs_marriage_cert and Jane_Blogs_marriage_cert?