• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 OC Selectees

I know but i have clearly mentioned in my post , asia region, sydney location
Yep sorry, I missed that, too early in the morning here.. You've submitted your docs so you've done all you can do to give yourself your best shot. It seems KCC have been quite active the last week or two sending doc requests and DQ emails so it's just a matter of playing the waiting game now. The Sydney consulate should open soon so I wouldn't worry too much about that, FY22 hasn't even started yet, you've got plenty of time.

I know but i have clearly mentioned in my post , asia region, sydney location
Oceania region has less applicants as compared to other regions....so if the case is 1 person is processing documents per region then Oceania applicant ds 260 processing would go a bit faster as compared to other region cause that 1 person has less applications to process as compared to others..this is all an example I am not sure how it really works.... and again I am not implying that kcc is processing based on your ds 260 submissions.

On my DV-260 I listed the two email addresses I use. I just remembered that I have a couple more I set up years ago (possibly within the 5 year period) but haven't used them since. Do you think it's worth unlocking my DV-260 to list them?

On my DV-260 I listed the two email addresses I use. I just remembered that I have a couple more I set up years ago (possibly within the 5 year period) but haven't used them since. Do you think it's worth unlocking my DV-260 to list them?
Hey Geelong 22, I personally wouldn't worry about it... I also had an old one set up and unused that I didn't list.

Thank you! It's funny how much you stress over little things with this whole process isn't it? Haha.
Yes totally!! I was worrying about so many little details initially but after many questions to Britsimon and now the ball is rolling for our year (and I am lucky to be DQ) I'm finally chilling out haha

Yes totally!! I was worrying about so many little details initially but after many questions to Britsimon and now the ball is rolling for our year (and I am lucky to be DQ) I'm finally chilling out haha
That's awesome to hear. Hopefully I am as lucky soon!

Hey all!
Does anybody happen to know what 'freedom' day will mean for the Sydney Embassy come 11th of October? Will it opening back up?

Hi Everyone, the NSW Govt has been informing small businesses to starting preparing for an 11th October 2021 opening date as they expect the vaccination rate in NSW will have reached 80% double dose by that date which is 2 weeks earlier than anticipated. This means that the US embassy in Sydney should be able to open back up on this date, pending no other issues surfacing and pending all staff are double vaccinated.

2022OC2** CN current in November
DS-260 submitted May 11 EST
Documents Submitted w/o request June 29 EST
Family of 2 (husband & wife)
Nothing from KCC yet – still patiently waiting
Any news yet? I ask because I am in a similar boat: 2022OC3** Dual citizen, lived in the UK for 6 years, extensive travel history.

Hey all!
Does anybody happen to know what 'freedom' day will mean for the Sydney Embassy come 11th of October? Will it opening back up?
Haven't read any news, but there is a chance they could be waiting for 80% date or even December 1 (when freedoms for unvaxxed are eased)...
Is anyone DQ and current in November? Perhaps worth emailing Sydney consulate and asking the question if they will accept the case from KCC?

Hey Geelong 22, I personally wouldn't worry about it... I also had an old one set up and unused that I didn't list.
What about YouTube? I have an account but only to watch stuff. I never post anything. I didn’t think to add it as a social media account for some reason on the DV-260.

What about YouTube? I have an account but only to watch stuff. I never post anything. I didn’t think to add it as a social media account for some reason on the DV-260.
Same here, I didn't list it and have seen Britsimon mention that's it's not social media so again, wouldn't stress!

Hi Everyone,

I have been following this thread for a little while now, but first time posting.

OC23XX
DS260 submitted 24 May 2021
I have not submitted my documents yet

Dual citizen (Aus and Swiss)

Q. Which police check has other Australians received and been qualified successfully?
Standard one or fingerprints?

I have travelled overseas 2 times in the last 5 years (Greece and Fiji)
– I am currently looking to go on a holiday to the USA for the first time once Australia allows holiday visas (hopefully 1 December 2021)

Q. Does this mean I will need to unlock my DS260 and update the travel section after I travel but before the interview?

I have many certificates and diplomas and 12 years of experience in one industry but have not included my High school certificate.

Q. Is it recommended to unlock the Ds260 to include my High School certificate within the education section?

– I am now divorced since the completion of the lottery application (so ex-spouse is on DS260 as an accompanying adult).
I have contacted KCC to remove her but they won’t.

Any help with the above questions is greatly appreciated.

Hi Everyone,

I have been following this thread for a little while now, but first time posting.

OC23XX
DS260 submitted 24 May 2021
I have not submitted my documents yet

Dual citizen (Aus and Swiss)

Q. Which police check has other Australians received and been qualified successfully?
Standard one or fingerprints?

I have travelled overseas 2 times in the last 5 years (Greece and Fiji)
– I am currently looking to go on a holiday to the USA for the first time once Australia allows holiday visas (hopefully 1 December 2021)

Q. Does this mean I will need to unlock my DS260 and update the travel section after I travel but before the interview?

I have many certificates and diplomas and 12 years of experience in one industry but have not included my High school certificate.

Q. Is it recommended to unlock the Ds260 to include my High School certificate within the education section?

– I am now divorced since the completion of the lottery application (so ex-spouse is on DS260 as an accompanying adult).
I have contacted KCC to remove her but they won’t.

Any help with the above questions is greatly appreciated.
Hey Mate, we're in similar case range as I too am OC23XX. For the AFP check you don't have to do a fingerprint check (someone correct me if i'm wrong). Its pretty straight forward to fill out though do not make this silly mistake which I made. Make sure for the drop down where it asks for purpose of check you select Code 33, DO not select code 35 as this instruction is also listed on the reciprocity page for Australia as well. I've had to redo my AFP check again because of my dumb mistake costing me another $44.

You do not have to submit your High School Certificate in the DS260 nor when you are submitting your documents so if you've listed your high school and the dates you went there this is sufficient, though if you make it to the interview stage someone on this thread recommended to print a copy and take it to the interview. Regarding your other questions i'm not sure.

I emailed KCC requesting an unlock on August 16th and I’m still waiting so I’d say it’s still an 8 week wait if not longer ☹️
I sent an email to kcc over a month ago on 14 or 15....I still did not get any response yet....

Hi Everyone, the NSW Govt has been informing small businesses to starting preparing for an 11th October 2021 opening date as they expect the vaccination rate in NSW will have reached 80% double dose by that date which is 2 weeks earlier than anticipated. This means that the US embassy in Sydney should be able to open back up on this date, pending no other issues surfacing and pending all staff are double vaccinated.

2022OC2** CN current in November
DS-260 submitted May 11 EST
Documents Submitted w/o request June 29 EST
Family of 2 (husband & wife)
Nothing from KCC yet – still patiently waiting
Case number 2**
submitted ds260 on 2nd June. Nothing yet from KCC

Haven't read any news, but there is a chance they could be waiting for 80% date or even December 1 (when freedoms for unvaxxed are eased)...
Is anyone DQ and current in November? Perhaps worth emailing Sydney consulate and asking the question if they will accept the case from KCC?
It will be interesting to see. It looks like the 80% will be sooner rather than later. Hopefully the embassy starts resuming as normal!

Does travelling to the US between now and one's consulate interview warrant the updating of the DS-260, or is that not necessary as the DS-260 was accurate at the original date of submission? Thinking about going on a trip after the borders open.