• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Only

1. St. Louis Missouri 63197-9000
2. US Department of State
3. I emailed them on last Friday, and they respond to it on this Monday
4. On Monday, yesterday
5. Yes, I did include SASE, a self-stamped envelope
This delay is a bit unusual going by what is currently being reported on the 2022 Timeline spreadsheet. Do you have a copy of the cashier's check and proof of when it was reportedly cashed?

I suggest you send KCC a new email (fresh page, no reference to the previous email correspondent) informing them of the non-receipt of your payment receipt and request they send you a copy via email. Include copy of the cashier's check showing the check was addressed as required and proof of when the check was cashed/processed.

Hi all,
I’m currently filling the I-485 form and I have a question about the first name and last name fields. My passport only had “NAME” field, it has my last name and first name (in this order) under it. While filling in the DS260, I filled in FNU under first name and my full name under last name because it’s specifically mentioned in the form to do it that way but I-485 doesn’t specify any such instructions. What should I fill in the I485 form?

Hi all,
I’m currently filling the I-485 form and I have a question about the first name and last name fields. My passport only had “NAME” field, it has my last name and first name (in this order) under it. While filling in the DS260, I filled in FNU under first name and my full name under last name because it’s specifically mentioned in the form to do it that way but I-485 doesn’t specify any such instructions. What should I fill in the I485 form?
I believe you misunderstood how to fill out the DS260 considering you do have a first name and a last name (regardless of your passport not having such similar fields). You cannot be FNU if you indeed have a first name. Anyway, what you have on the DS260 may not make much of a difference sincere it the form is not taken into consideration during the AOS process. Although if you want to ensure accuracy with your immigration records, I recommend you unlock the DS260 and make the necessary corrections, you don’t want a situation where this might become an issue in the future.

As for the I-485, since you clearly have a first name and a last name, fill out the form as such.

Hi all,

This question in Form I-485 asks for a date, but in my I-94, "the admit until date" is D/S (During Stay). Also, in my entering stamp on my passport, the CBP officer printed D/S.
Should I print or type During Stay in this box? Is there going to be any problem if I print During Stay instead of giving a date (which I don't have)?
I want to prevent any rejection because of incongruency between answers and boxes.

1643180839777.png

D/S means Duration of Status, not During Stay. Yes, you can and should list D/S as the I-94 expiration date.

This delay is a bit unusual going by what is currently being reported on the 2022 Timeline spreadsheet. Do you have a copy of the cashier's check and proof of when it was reportedly cashed?

I suggest you send KCC a new email (fresh page, no reference to the previous email correspondent) informing them of the non-receipt of your payment receipt and request they send you a copy via email. Include copy of the cashier's check showing the check was addressed as required and proof of when the check was cashed/processed.
This is their response: (which include no attached document to it, I don't actually know what they mean by sending me this)

PA Name: Case Number: Attached is the Adjustment of Status Mail Form. If you are in the United States, you may be eligible to apply to the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) for adjustment of status. The option to adjust status may not be available to all applicants. To determine whether you are elig..

This is their response: (which include no attached document to it, I don't actually know what they mean by sending me this)

PA Name: Case Number: Attached is the Adjustment of Status Mail Form. If you are in the United States, you may be eligible to apply to the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) for adjustment of status. The option to adjust status may not be available to all applicants. To determine whether you are elig..
Looks like there’s some sort of miscommunication going on between you and the KCC. You’ll just have to email them (again) and make it clear you’re requesting to be sent a copy of your payment receipt. Make it short, make it succinct.

How do you all ask EMMA about the biometric appointment?
Every time I ask, it sends me bunch of links to documents nothing related to my case. :(
Also when a bio appointment is scheduled, does it show up on my USCIS account?

I wouldn't count on it. I think the best strategy is to look at the spreadsheet and try to get a sense of what's normal for your FO. Once you're outside that, start contacting the live agent every now and then to check on it until you get the letter. If that doesn't work, you might have to escalate by asking for a tier 2 callback, or eventually by contacting your US representative.

But I would definitely check in with the live agent because occasionally things get lost in the mail and if you don't show up they will assume it's your fault.

No. Even if you as for the appointment using the receipt number, it won't show up.
What really helped us is USPS Informed Delivery.
At some point it shown that 2 mails from USCIS will be delivered, but we got only one – it was my invitation for the biometric appointment. After 2 days of waiting it became obvious that USPS lost my wife's mail.
I contacted an USCIS agent through Emma and asked to send my wife's invitation by email using Informed Delivery as a proof that the original mail was lost.

Hello everyone one question,

The emailed that I used for form I-485 and my USCIS account will be closed and I will be longer have access to it (this was my university email which will be disabled for old users).

I have read in past AOS threads that USCIS sometimes contacts you via email which is what I am concerned about. The only solution I thought was changing my USCIS online account email.

Do any of you know which email USCIS uses when they try to contact you? Would this be the one you filled on form I-485 or the one associated to your USCIS account?

Any other suggestions?

Thank you very much!

Looks like there’s some sort of miscommunication going on between you and the KCC. You’ll just have to email them (again) and make it clear you’re requesting to be sent a copy of your payment receipt. Make it short, make it succinct.
Here is their response, I uploaded the bank proof which showed they cashed the money, and also a picture of my cashier's check which shows I addressed everything as required. Should I go ahead and send the money again?

Attachments

• DV.jpg
    DV.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 28
Here is their response, I uploaded the bank proof which showed they cashed the money, and also a picture of my cashier's check which shows I addressed everything as required. Should I go ahead and send the money again?
Well, this is something you’ll need to decide on your own. There was a similar case along this line back in DV2021 FY. I believe one of the selectees (back then) @jewelmerit1995 had a tough time getting their payment receipt from KCC. All email inquiries were met with some nonsensical boiler plate response from KCC - I honestly don’t know why that happened. Anyway, this person got frustrated and eventually went ahead and made a new payment. The receipt for the second payment was promptly received. As for the first payment, that receipt eventually showed up too after the second payment had already been processed and receipted.

The emailed that I used for form I-485 and my USCIS account will be closed and I will be longer have access to it (this was my university email which will be disabled for old users).

I have read in past AOS threads that USCIS sometimes contacts you via email which is what I am concerned about. The only solution I thought was changing my USCIS online account email.

Do any of you know which email USCIS uses when they try to contact you? Would this be the one you filled on form I-485 or the one associated to your USCIS account?

Any other suggestions?

Thank you very much!
Why didn’t you just use your personal email address to start with? The address email listed on the I-485 is what will be used to contact you should they have a need to reach you via email. Anyway, I suggest you contact USCIS and enquire about changing the email address associated with your USCIS account to ensure you can continue to access the USCIS account to start with.

Why didn’t you just use your personal email address to start with? The address email listed on the I-485 is what will be used to contact you should they have a need to reach you via email. Anyway, I suggest you contact USCIS and enquire about changing the email address associated with your USCIS account to ensure you can continue to access the USCIS account to start with.
Thanks for the reply @Sm1smom , I will reach out to USCIS and let them know, as you said I definitely should have used my personal email to start with.

Any other suggestions?

Thank you very much!
In my case last year, USCIS field office had an interview cancellation and they reached out to me via email (email address listed in the i-485) to offer that cancelled time slot..so ya sometimes the email is very important !! ....also some universities will extend the email to about a year or 2 upon your request , check that with the university IT as well just in case.

In my case last year, USCIS field office had an interview cancellation and they reached out to me via email (email address listed in the i-485) to offer that cancelled time slot..so ya sometimes the email is very important !! ....also some universities will extend the email to about a year or 2 upon your request , check that with the university IT as well just in case.
Great advce @dhanu159 ! I reached out to IT to see if if they could extend the time I have access to the email, crossing fingers it is going to be a yes, thanks for sharing this info!

I'm a DV 22 winner, my case no. below 2000 and already current, me and my family staying in the middle east. my self I do possess a valid business/tourist US visa. and I have visited the states several times in the past.
my question can I simply jump on the plane and enter the states and apply for AOS since no interview is available in my country.
hopfuly my question is not silly.