• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Only

We have no way of knowing considering we don’t know your immigration history like you do. Were you ever formally put in removal, or deportation process initiated against you and you subsequently filed for relief as a result? That is what the question is asking about.
No. I just applied for asylum when I was on OPT. There wasn't any deportation or removal process initiated against me. Also, the asylum case I filed wasn't political. Does this mean the answer to that question is NO?

Hello there!
I was selected for DV2022 :) My CN is AS14xxx. I am currently living in US with F-1 so I was planning to do AOS. However my F1 visa will be expired on August 2022. I will be graduated this college FALL 2022 and my I-20 expire date is December 2022. In this case, should I choose AOS or CP?
Thank you for your help!

Hello there!
I was selected for DV2022 :) My CN is AS14xxx. I am currently living in US with F-1 so I was planning to do AOS. However my F1 visa will be expired on August 2022. I will be graduated this college FALL 2022 and my I-20 expire date is December 2022. In this case, should I choose AOS or CP?
Thank you for your help!
No one is going to tell you whether to choose AOS or CP, you need to decide for yourself, but I wanted to point out that it your status expiry not your visa expiry that matters.

No one is going to tell you whether to choose AOS or CP, you need to decide for yourself, but I wanted to point out that it your status expiry not your visa expiry that matters.
Thank you for your reply. I know that no one tell me to choose which way. This is my life so of course I’m gonna choose which one eventually. My question was am I still eligible to apply AOS even my visa will be expired(but will have I-20) around estimated my interview date if someone know about that.

Thank you for your reply. I know that no one tell me to choose which way. This is my life so of course I’m gonna choose which one eventually. My question was am I still eligible to apply AOS even my visa will be expired(but will have I-20) around estimated my interview date if someone know about that.
I thought I did answer that.

Hi mom and everyone.

I have a question about financial document. Do they accept bank statements from my original country(translated)? And also should I submit my bank account in US as well? Either way do I need to submit statements for 3-6 months?

Hi mom and everyone.

I have a question about financial document. Do they accept bank statements from my original country(translated)? And also should I submit my bank account in US as well? Either way do I need to submit statements for 3-6 months?
Take a look at the AOS process spreadsheet.

Hi, @Sm1smom and everyone!
I've been selected for DV2020, and have already had a tons of questions.
1. Is my CN too high?
My case number is AS00022XXX, it seems like pretty high according to other people's comments and @Sm1smom 's blog posts. Is there still hope for me?
2. When can I choose a place to have an interview? Is it possible to change?
I'm currently living in the US with L-2 VISA, but I might need to move back to my own country in a year. I want to avoid the risk of going back and forth between US and my country if it's possible (because it will cost a lot!). It would be the best if I could schedule an interview in a year in the US, but I'm concerning about my high CN.
3. Is it better to hire a lawyer to support the process?
It seems like many people are helping each other on this website and complete the process without lawyer's help. I'm a bit worried about messing up this rare opportinity!

Hello @Sm1smom & everyone:
My case # is about 2022AS25###, I will be filling AOS. I've looked back to the VB and found that in most years (excluding 2014 & 2015) in September the first table says CURRENT.
1. What does CURRENT mean?
2. Indeed, I believe that If we are selected, we will be able to do this in September. My question is once I see CURRENT, then I need to send my AOS file, correct?
3. When I send the file in September then will we be considered for an interview or I'm going to lose it? I mean when will we be safe from being eliminated.
Best
Ahmad

Last edited:
My case # is about 2022AS25###, I will be filling AOS. I've looked back to the VB and found that in most years (excluding 2014 & 2015) in September the first table says CURRENT.
2. Indeed, I believe that If we are selected, we will be able to do this in September. My question is once I see CURRENT, then I need to send my AOS file, correct?
3. When I send the file in September then will we be considered for an interview or I'm going to lose it? I mean when I will be safe from being eliminated.
Best
Ahmad
The September numbers you will see in the DV bulletin this year are for DV2021, not for you.
Please make sure you read the AOS spreadsheet thoroughly, and also britsimonsays website to understand the DV bulletin.

The September numbers you will see in the DV bulletin this year are for DV2021, not for you.
Please make sure you read the AOS spreadsheet thoroughly, and also britsimonsays website to understand the DV bulletin.
I understand, I'm asking about September 2022. I read the spreadsheet!

I understand, I'm asking about September 2022. I read the spreadsheet!
If you read the spreadsheet you should know you can (and should) submit your AOS package well before September 2022, even if you have a high number and it is only current by then...

Im not trying to be obtuse but the spreadsheet is there to explain things and so that people here (mainly sm1smom) do not have to answer the same questions hundreds of times. Honestly the questions you asked do not indicate a proper reading, please ensure you have gone through all the sheets in the spreadsheet.

3. When I send the file in September then will we be considered for an interview or I'm going to lose it? I mean when will we be safe from being eliminated.
If you read the spreadsheet you should know you can (and should) submit your AOS package well before September 2022, even if you have a high number and it is only current by then...

Im not trying to be obtuse but the spreadsheet is there to explain things and so that people here (mainly sm1smom) do not have to answer the same questions hundreds of times. Honestly the questions you asked do not indicate a proper reading, please ensure you have gone through all the sheets in the spreadsheet.
Thank you for your input and for you to refer this blog to me. However, this place for people to ask questions and for the experienced ones volunteering and who are willing to answer questions. My question is directed to @Sm1smom and she has the full right to reject or not answer my questions. But, I don't allow anyone to insult people's intelligence here, accuse people, or give lessons. Respect should be the key and essential element of people's interaction in this blog. Finally, If you have answers to my three questions you are welcome to answer otherwise, please don't insult my intelligence.

Best

Huh? I didn’t insult or accuse anyone, and your question was addressed to “..& everyone”, but I have better things to do than go back and forth with you. Good night and good luck.

Huh? I didn’t insult or accuse anyone, and your question was addressed to “..& everyone”, but I have better things to do than go back and forth with you. Good night and good luck.
Thank you anyway SusieQQQ. It's a stressful time, you may aware of this. Good night.

Hi, @Sm1smom and everyone!
I've been selected for DV2020, and have already had a tons of questions.
1. Is my CN too high?
My case number is AS00022XXX, it seems like pretty high according to other people's comments and @Sm1smom 's blog posts. Is there still hope for me?
2. When can I choose a place to have an interview? Is it possible to change?
I'm currently living in the US with L-2 VISA, but I might need to move back to my own country in a year. I want to avoid the risk of going back and forth between US and my country if it's possible (because it will cost a lot!). It would be the best if I could schedule an interview in a year in the US, but I'm concerning about my high CN.
3. Is it better to hire a lawyer to support the process?
It seems like many people are helping each other on this website and complete the process without lawyer's help. I'm a bit worried about messing up this rare opportinity!
1. While AS22xxx looks high, I can’t say with certainty if indeed it is high, we currently don’t know the total number of selectees for DV2022.
p.s. @Sm1smom’s doesn’t have a blog, @Britsimon has a belong - they’re two different individuals.
2. When you decide to submit your DS260 form. Yes you can change interview location by contacting KCC.
3. This forum is a DIY, 95% of the people here are going through the process without the help or need of a lawyer. Of course you can decide to hire one if you like, but bear in mind majority of the lawyers (especially if processing AOS) are not familiar with DV based AOS applications, they tend to treat them like family based AOS applications. The remaining 5% still came to this forum after hiring the lawyers to learn more and update their lawyers on what needs to get done and when.

Best
Ahmad
1. “CURRENT” - means all the remaining CNs are eligible to be scheduled for an interview because KCC they may have enough visas available for all the remaining numbers.
2. If you choose to do early filing, yes you can send out your AOS package as soon as the VB is released.
3. You probably don’t want to wait until September to send out your AOS package. The VB covering the month of September usually comes out in July.

I highly recommend you go through the AOS process spreadsheet to ensure you have a decent understanding of what a DV based AOS filing entails and the steps involved. It is a bit of reading, but it is totally worth it.

Thank you for your input and for you to refer this blog to me. However, this place for people to ask questions and for the experienced ones volunteering and who are willing to answer questions. My question is directed to @Sm1smom and she has the full right to reject or not answer my questions. But, I don't allow anyone to insult people's intelligence here, accuse people, or give lessons. Respect should be the key and essential element of people's interaction in this blog. Finally, If you have answers to my three questions you are welcome to answer otherwise, please don't insult my intelligence.

Best
I don’t believe Susie insulted your intelligence in anyway, she is highly valued member of this community and her inputs are appreciated. She is trying to help by referring you to the spreadsheet which already contains information/answers to the basic questions.

Tagging me or addressing a post to me doesn’t mean other forum members are prohibited from responding, they can respond should they choose to. I don’t always have all the answers to all the questions here, other members may actually have a much more accurate response than what I have, so tagging me or expecting me to be the only one to provide a response is really not such a good idea. We are one big forum family members here.