• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 All Selectees (Consular Processing - CP)

Hello all, hope everyone is doing well. I've entered the US Oct. 20 2022 with my lottery visa. Still waiting for my SSN nr. I checked the box on the application form but still nothing. Could someone one advice me what to do? Usually it takes 7-10 business days I thought..
I checked the box as well but asked the immigration officer when I entered if I had to go to the SSA and he said I did. I went and received it 2-3 days after.

I checked the box as well but asked the immigration officer when I entered if I had to go to the SSA and he said I did. I went and received it 2-3 days after.
Thanks for the answers, I gota go by the office. A lot of people here on the board reported they received it without going to the office if they have checked the box.

Hello here. Hope y'll okay
I have a few questions to put accross

1. I had stated north Carolina (cousins) as my destination address in my DS 260 but however settled in texas at my uncles. Is there any forms to fill in regards change of address and is it necessary.

2. I intend to use My cousins address in North Carolina to petition for my family members as he also has the financial requirements to support our application. Is it possible for him to support despite leaving in a different state.? Thanks

Hello here. Hope y'll okay
I have a few questions to put accross

1. I had stated north Carolina (cousins) as my destination address in my DS 260 but however settled in texas at my uncles. Is there any forms to fill in regards change of address and is it necessary.

2. I intend to use My cousins address in North Carolina to petition for my family members as he also has the financial requirements to support our application. Is it possible for him to support despite leaving in a different state.? Thanks
1. Yes, you are supposed to report any change of address within 10 days until you become a citizen. You can do it online https://www.uscis.gov/ar-11

2. Yes, the co-sponsor can live in a different state. I don’t understand what you mean by using his address to sponsor though.

Hello Team,
I hope you are doing well.
I appreciate your help.
I have one question I arrived USA from Ethiopia the connecting flight from Ethiopia, Addis Ababa to Chicago then LA but in Chicago, the PoE didn’t ask me for any documents we’re in Los Angeles the same too. So Team what can I do to deliver the packet the embassy give me to airport entry I also need a host change. Please help me.
N.B at Chicago I give him a passport and he did stamp and give it to me back but didn't ask for any documents. then I go to LA from Chicago then at LA didn't ask me anybody about anything only out Airport.
Thank you.

Hello Team,
I hope you are doing well.
I appreciate your help.
I have one question I arrived USA from Ethiopia the connecting flight from Ethiopia, Addis Ababa to Chicago then LA but in Chicago, the PoE didn’t ask me for any documents we’re in Los Angeles the same too. So Team what can I do to deliver the packet the embassy give me to airport entry I also need a host change. Please help me.
N.B at Chicago I give him a passport and he did stamp and give it to me back but didn't ask for any documents. then I go to LA from Chicago then at LA didn't ask me anybody about anything only out Airport.
Thank you.
You need to visit your nearest Deferred Inspection site to hand in the packet - see this link to locate the contact details of your nearest site.

Thank you so much !! I give them the packet to my nearest LA but she says the GC will be delivered with in 6 months. is it takes that much time?

Thank you so much !! I give them the packet to my nearest LA but she says the GC will be delivered with in 6 months. is it takes that much time?
For some reason many CBP officers say that, but no, it’s more like 1-2 months usually. You did pay your green card fee (USCIS immigrant fee), right?

Thank you for your kind help. yeah, I already pay my GC fee last month and when I check the status it says "immigration visa fee payment received " on October 10.

Hey y'll

Im a DV 2022 winner settling in Las Vegas Nevada. I would like to petition for my daughter who is making 6 this December and we would like to change her name. Will the name change cause delays in processing our Form- I130.?

Is it rather wise to change the name after we have managed to get together here (LA) for fear of any delays.?

Thank you

Hi everyone, apologies if this has already been asked - couldn't see it in the results.

I entered the US a few weeks ago and my Social Security card has been mailed to me. Forgive this silly question, but I want to double check that this is indeed separate to the Green Card and it will still be delivered later?

Hi everyone, apologies if this has already been asked - couldn't see it in the results.

I entered the US a few weeks ago and my Social Security card has been mailed to me. Forgive this silly question, but I want to double check that this is indeed separate to the Green Card and it will still be delivered later?
Yep, social security card and green card are two separate things. Social is just what you need to get a job + pay taxes + be considered a human basically, anyone staying in the US on a visa get ones (even just 1 year visas etc).

Green card is what shows you are a permanent resident which you'll receive later (still waiting on mine, entered a month ago and hasn't even started being produced yet) :( Can check the status of it when you login on USCIS

Hi everyone,

Sorry, not sure where to post this question.

I read somewhere on the forum that the visa in our passports serves as a temporary green card and that it can be used for this purpose for up to a year? Is this 100% true? We want to make our second entry into the US (to pick up our GC, SSN, etc.) and I just want to make sure that we can do it with the visa only.

I also wanted to ask whether there’s a prepaid mobile plan that we can continue using from time to time while in Europe (for PayPal, bank authorisation, etc.). I heard T-mobile has one so we’ll go there and check it out, but was just wondering whether anyone has better suggestions.

Also, I just wanted to extend my heartfelt congrats to @Butters; I was so happy when I read that you made it. Congrats again, my future fellow American.

Hi @Le_reve_Americain - Congrats on your approval!

I was told by the Immigration Officer at the Airport that the Temp Visa is valid for 12 months from the stamp he added and you can enter and leave on it during that time.

I am in the same boat however. I entered a month ago then came home to prepare the move. I am now waiting to have my Green Card sent to my friend's place and believe it will be arriving shortly. I will be returning to the US in April and was wondering if I can use the temporary Visa to enter still then? Or, as the Green Card has been issued, or do I need to ask my friend to post my Green Card out to me before I enter the US again?

Hi everyone,

Sorry, not sure where to post this question.

I read somewhere on the forum that the visa in our passports serves as a temporary green card and that it can be used for this purpose for up to a year? Is this 100% true? We want to make our second entry into the US (to pick up our GC, SSN, etc.) and I just want to make sure that we can do it with the visa only.

I also wanted to ask whether there’s a prepaid mobile plan that we can continue using from time to time while in Europe (for PayPal, bank authorisation, etc.). I heard T-mobile has one so we’ll go there and check it out, but was just wondering whether anyone has better suggestions.

Also, I just wanted to extend my heartfelt congrats to @Butters; I was so happy when I read that you made it. Congrats again, my future fellow American.
Hi @Le_reve_Americain - Congrats on your approval!

I was told by the Immigration Officer at the Airport that the Temp Visa is valid for 12 months from the stamp he added and you can enter and leave on it during that time.

I am in the same boat however. I entered a month ago then came home to prepare the move. I am now waiting to have my Green Card sent to my friend's place and believe it will be arriving shortly. I will be returning to the US in April and was wondering if I can use the temporary Visa to enter still then? Or, as the Green Card has been issued, or do I need to ask my friend to post my Green Card out to me before I enter the US again?
You can use the visa for up to a year. It has written at the bottom of it that is serves as a temporary green card for 1 year from when it is stamped. So you won't have any issues (doesn't matter if your physical green card has arrived, the one in your visa is still valid as well).

Regarding the prepaid phone - You could also look at Mint Mobile (I use it here in the US), they use T-Mobile's towers so assume its pretty similar but I find their deals are better (and they offer 3 month plans, 6 month and 12 months). Not sure what T-Mobile offers in terms of length but might be worth looking into Mint (they have a map of their coverage depending on where you live + you can sample it for like a week but with only 100mb of data to see if it works). :)

Hey @AussieDVApplicant, thanks! Congrats to you as well. :) We also applied for a Reentry permit because we really want to take our time and find good jobs before moving there. Good luck to you on your journey.

@BrisOC22 Thanks for the reassurance. Now I remember also reading it on the actual visa - duh! :) And thanks for the tip re: mobile providers. We’ll look into it next week.

Thanks @Le_reve_Americain !! My green card arrived yesterday, only after about 2 weeks, so pretty happy.

Just wondering about the re-entry permit. Did you apply whilst in the US? On the website it says you need to be in the country when applying.

Thanks again
Yes, you must apply while physically present in the US. You can leave once USCIS gives you a receipt, but you’d have to return for biometrics. Some wait for biometrics before leaving.