• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 All Selectees (Consular Processing - CP)

Thanks @Le_reve_Americain !! My green card arrived yesterday, only after about 2 weeks, so pretty happy.

Just wondering about the re-entry permit. Did you apply whilst in the US? On the website it says you need to be in the country when applying.

Thanks again
Sorry, don’t check this forum that often.
Just like @clefs_games_0f wrote (thanks!), yes you do need to be in the US and stay until you get the USCIS confirmation (we almost blew it by leaving too early). We’re now back for our biometrics appointment and to pick up our GCs, SSN numbers and other docs.

We went for the Re-entry permit because we didn’t think we could find decent jobs and sort out our situation in Europe in one year.

I am still waiting on my green card (have biometrics on the 15th) but have just moved to a new apartment so need to update my address on USCIS (its fine if the green card goes to the current one as its my partner's) but forgot what the timeframe is we have to update it within?

The issue im having with updating it is when doing the AR-11 form on their site it says "Have you filed an immigration-related application or petition and have not yet received a decision notice, card, or document?" which I put yes to as I haven't received my card. But the subsequent question where it asks for case information and makes you select a form number, it does not include I-551 so I'm not sure what I'm meant to select in order to proceed? Should I just answer no so I can continue with the form? Any help is appreciated :)

I am still waiting on my green card (have biometrics on the 15th) but have just moved to a new apartment so need to update my address on USCIS (its fine if the green card goes to the current one as its my partner's) but forgot what the timeframe is we have to update it within?

The issue im having with updating it is when doing the AR-11 form on their site it says "Have you filed an immigration-related application or petition and have not yet received a decision notice, card, or document?" which I put yes to as I haven't received my card. But the subsequent question where it asks for case information and makes you select a form number, it does not include I-551 so I'm not sure what I'm meant to select in order to proceed? Should I just answer no so I can continue with the form? Any help is appreciated :)
You're waiting for something that's called "Imigration Visa packet". In the dropdown it's at the very bottom: OS155A. Your receipt number is the 3 letters (IOE) and 10 digits number you got while paying for USCIS fee.

Sorry, don’t check this forum that often.
Just like @clefs_games_0f wrote (thanks!), yes you do need to be in the US and stay until you get the USCIS confirmation (we almost blew it by leaving too early). We’re now back for our biometrics appointment and to pick up our GCs, SSN numbers and other docs.

We went for the Re-entry permit because we didn’t think we could find decent jobs and sort out our situation in Europe in one year.

How long did it take between applying for the re-entry permit and receiving the USCIS confirmation?

Hi guys, for the ones who already got their Green cards in their hands. Did your GC take more than 40 days to arrive? and I mean this year 2022. Mine is not even being processed yet (status is Fee payment received) and I've been in the US for more than 40 days already.

Hello Team,
Thank you for your kind help from the beginning to till now. I received my GC and SSN too. so now I need a job so please help me to find to get a job in Los Angeles California.

Hi guys, for the ones who already got their Green cards in their hands. Did your GC take more than 40 days to arrive? and I mean this year 2022. Mine is not even being processed yet (status is Fee payment received) and I've been in the US for more than 40 days already.
It can take up to 90 days is what they say. I ahem also been here a bit over 40 days but have my biometric appointment tomorrow. If you haven't got your green card yet then you may receive a biometric appointment soon as well before they can produce the card. Just have to be patient

Hi members, could anybody please tell what is the relationship between GC and biometrics? I have activated the visa last month and came back to tie up some unfinished business which will take about 3 months. I have given my relative's address (who is also my sponsor) for the delivery of GC and I thought the GC will be delivered by post to the given address whether I am there or not. Am I not correct? Appreciated your views and advice.

Hi members, could anybody please tell what is the relationship between GC and biometrics? I have activated the visa last month and came back to tie up some unfinished business which will take about 3 months. I have given my relative's address (who is also my sponsor) for the delivery of GC and I thought the GC will be delivered by post to the given address whether I am there or not. Am I not correct? Appreciated your views and advice.
Biometrics is usually if something previously captured wasn’t good enough to be used to produce the green card. Maybe your photo was too light or your fingerprints captured at the embassy were not clear enough etc.

The GC have been really fast this year, about a month. Seems like if you haven’t received it within that time frame there is an issue with biometrics, which you should return to do once you are scheduled and notified.

If that’s not possible your endorsed immigrant visa
is proof of your lawful permanent resident status for a year from entry.

The GC have been really fast this year, about a month. Seems like if you haven’t received it within that time frame there is an issue with biometrics, which you should return to do once you are scheduled and notified.

If that’s not possible your endorsed immigrant visa
is proof of your lawful permanent resident status for a year from entry.
Thanks so much for explaining this. I stayed 1 month got the SSN but not the GC. Does this mean that there is an issue? Since I heard that it takes about 3-6 months to receive the GC, I left within 1 month hoping to return within 3 months. Appreciate the views of the members.

Hi, one question please. Is there a place where you can check the status of your GC? Any website or any other place?

Yes, you should create a MyUscis account and connect your case using the receipt number for your immigrant visa fee payment.
Thank you, I did that. According to the info, I should get is soon. Appreciate your help. OK, first SSN, then GC. What next? Are there any more formalities?