• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 All Selectees (Consular Processing - CP)

Don’t worry about that haha even there are many people who are not getting , if you wanted to abounded this case just leave it that’s all!! they won’t ask you why you didn’t come to USA
2022AF4xxx, I have not received document email, I want to abandon my case, in future will it still be considered immigrant intent if I tell KCC to stop processing my case now? we are moving to to Germany, I am no longer interested in DV.

Don’t worry about that haha even there are many people who are not getting , if you wanted to abounded this case just leave it that’s all!! they won’t ask you why you didn’t come to USA
my question is unprocessed Ds260 can still be considered immigrant intent when applying for non immigrant visa in future?

Ikshaf

He's asking if he will have a problem in the future in getting non-immigrant visa! because s/he has started immigration process in the past.

dumbani

No one knows for sure in advance. They may or may not pay attention to that.

Sorry in advance for asking a question that has been probably been asked a thousand times...

In May this year I found out I was selected for further processing for the DV2022 -- and in early June I submitted the DV260 form. It's not clear to me if/when/how the KCC is going to get back to me for scheduling the consular interview.

- Is there an estimated timeframe on when to hear from KCC?

- If I understand correctly they select more people than the actual number of available visas for that year, so there's the possibility of not actually getting the DV. Are they going to communicate whether or not the consular interview is going to take place? Or they only contact in case the interview is actually getting scheduled?

- And how are they going to contact? Email? Or should I keep checking the entry status page?
1. I don’t think anyone can provide you with a timeframe of when you’re likely to hear back from KCC. This is because this DV year and the last two haven’t quite been normal. The typical process following your DS260 submission would have been for KCC to send your an email requesting your send in your documents, however KCC is taking longer than usual to send out the email request. We have encouraged selectees to proactively send in their documents in the interim.
2. Once your CN becomes current and your documents have been processed, you’ll receive another email from KCC about your interview. You will not get any notification if you’re not scheduled for an interview.
3. Checking the ESC page is not a bad idea as (1) that is where the interview update will be uploaded and (2) some have reported in the past about not receiving the email notification about interview update from KCC.

p.s. number your questions when you have more than one in a post.

Hi,
just wanna ask if there is anyone who received the “Document Request” email and submitted DS260 on May-20th.

The last date I heard is May-19th. Anyone?

Hi, I am a DV2022EU18xxx, I was born and raised in Spain. My wife has two nationalities. Spanish and Venezuelan. She was born and raised in Venezuela.
Apparently there are two different birth certificates. One issued by Spanish government and another one from Venezuela.

Is it enough to just send her birth certificate from the Spanish government? Spanish passport is now her main passport and the one she going to use to immigrate with me.

We don't have the Venezuelan certificate and it is hard to get.

Please help.

Hi, I am a DV2022EU18xxx, I was born and raised in Spain. My wife has two nationalities. Spanish and Venezuelan. She was born and raised in Venezuela.
Apparently there are two different birth certificates. One issued by Spanish government and another one from Venezuela.

Is it enough to just send her birth certificate from the Spanish government? Spanish passport is now her main passport and the one she going to use to immigrate with me.

We don't have the Venezuelan certificate and it is hard to get.

Please help.
Birth certificates must be from the birth country - the official instructions say “Each applicant must submit a birth certificate issued by the official custodian of birth records in the country of birth, showing the date and place of birth and the parentage of the applicant, based upon the original registration of birth.”

The reciprocity pages list Venezuelan birth certificates as available, which means you are expected to get one (even if it is “hard to get”). They list acceptable alternatives too, please see the relevant section here https://travel.state.gov/content/tr...and-Civil-Documents-by-Country/Venezuela.html

Her (second) nationality and passport is not relevant to the birth certificate requirement.

Last edited:
Hello congratulations for the all winners 2022, my Case No - AS2XXX very low case number. I have submitted my DS260 in 25th of May. and I did some revisions and resubmitted in 30th of September. will it be delay to request my documents submissions and interview? if anyone did submission same date around 25th of May as me, could you please give some good response, thank you.

Birth certificates must be from the birth country - the official instructions say “Each applicant must submit a birth certificate issued by the official custodian of birth records in the country of birth, showing the date and place of birth and the parentage of the applicant, based upon the original registration of birth.”

The reciprocity pages list Venezuelan birth certificates as available, which means you are expected to get one (even if it is “hard to get”). They list acceptable alternatives too, please see the relevant section here

Her (second) nationality and passport is not relevant to the birth certificate requirement.
Thank you very much Susie, we will do our best to get it from the Venezuelan government.

DQ, because as I believe has been explained a number of times before, everyone is “equally current” once you are all current (and again this question is essentially meaningless anyway unless you are both at the same consulate). If you are all current the entire point is that visas are available for everyone below the cutoff. I don’t really understand why this is even an issue. To turn your question around, if someone takes three months after KCC sends a document request to send in their docs and therefore becomes DQ later than someone else who responded quickly, if they are both current is it still “fair” that the sloppy one gets an interview first?
I am not sure I agree, Susie

The order of DS260 should be the only one set by the lottery itself (which is the draft order).
This is, what has been adamantly said, on this forum, until weeks ago (aside for the initial backlog, which makes sense, btw).
Of course, KCC encourages the immediate submittal of the DS260, but it does not specify or hints that the submittal date establishes an order of processing . KCC encourages a timely submittal, so they are not overwhelmed later in the FY.

There could be other reasons (than being sloppy), to wait for the DS260 submittal and the documents submittal (e.g. to get the forms right in the first place, or to have the time to obtain the documents, which can differ from country to country).
Perhaps that delay was due to diligence, rather than sloppiness, when ds260 are submitted say in July and documents submitted soon after (we are talking about months prior the FY even starts...).

Now, what we see is that the order "appears" to be based on DS260 submittal date only.
So if somebody (regardless the CN) may have submitted a sloppy ds260, say on May 11th (and then unlocked for corrections and resubmitted), he has more possibilities of who waited a few days or weeks to get a straight, correct and clean ds260 submittal. At one point, in 2022, all regions will be current and the early submitters will be ahead of the game anyway.

Let's wait and see.

1. I don’t think anyone can provide you with a timeframe of when you’re likely to hear back from KCC. This is because this DV year and the last two haven’t quite been normal. The typical process following your DS260 submission would have been for KCC to send your an email requesting your send in your documents, however KCC is taking longer than usual to send out the email request. We have encouraged selectees to proactively send in their documents in the interim.
2. Once your CN becomes current and your documents have been processed, you’ll receive another email from KCC about your interview. You will not get any notification if you’re not scheduled for an interview.
3. Checking the ESC page is not a bad idea as (1) that is where the interview update will be uploaded and (2) some have reported in the past about not receiving the email notification about interview update from KCC.

p.s. number your questions when you have more than one in a post.
Thank you so much! This was super helpful. I'm going to start preparing the supporting documentation.

I think bulk of the DS were submitted in May so they will move faster June onwards. Your CN will be current next year so hopefully you will be DQed well before then.
From the dates in Simon's spreadsheet, it looks that that is the case.
Perhaps half of the DS260 submittals are within May

Hi all, OC21XX and submitted my DS260 May 30th -- knowing that my application may not be processed is a risk -- would you recommend reapplying for the 2023 DV lottery. If I do so, will this impact my current application -- is there any risk in applying?