• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 All Selectees (Consular Processing - CP)

It’s not a problem, you can correct it in interview. (I don’t even know that you actually need to “correct” these tbh, becasue what you have written is accurate, so I definitely wouldn’t bother unlocking. I seem to recall I wrote our local qualifications as were and it wasn’t a problem.)
Thank you

Hello Team,
I hope you are doing well, I have two questions regarding my DV lottery.
1. I attend my interview on sep-16-2022 last Friday the CO approved my visa and congrats to me but when I check it today my case status it's on AP . so what's the problem please tell me.

2. can I change the host after receiving a visa if yes, how could I change the host?
Thank you.

Hello Team,
I hope you are doing well, I have two questions regarding my DV lottery.
1. I attend my interview on sep-16-2022 last Friday the CO approved my visa and congrats to me but when I check it today my case status it's on AP . so what's the problem please tell me.

2. can I change the host after receiving a visa if yes, how could I change the host?
Thank you.
1. It’s the normal status between interview and issued
2. If you mean change the address for your green card you can do that at your airport of entry when CBP processes you. Otherwise you don’t need to do anything.

You do have an alien number. It’s on your immigrant visa and will be on your green card. You used it to pay the green card fee.

Class of admission, i presume immigrant or 551 or something similar is an option?

i don’t know what 2(8) is or what notification you mean (i hope you don’t expect us to all go find the document and open it and examine it to find a particular question number) but i assume you are aware you can get the permits sent to your closest consulate, if it’s that.

Rest obviously depends on what your plans are.

Hey SusieQQQ, many thanks for your input, as always.

Yes, the 'alien' number is actually the registration number listed on the visa (without the initial letter A).

We used DV1 and DV2 as class of admission.

Yeah, of course I wasn't expecting anyone to go through the actual form; perhaps I should've elaborated further. We already chose the option to send it to the nearest consulate and there was a follow up question as to where to send the notification that the document is ready for pick up. We chose our US address for that as well.

A quick question for you and anyone else willing to chime in - we received the SMS notification that our case was received this morning (EST time). Unfortunately, we left the US this Saturday (17 September). We got a UPS confirmation that the application was delivered (and signed for) at the lockbox this past Wed (14 Sept). UPS was delayed by a day due to weather conditions; it was originally scheduled for delivery on Tue, 13 Sept. As they say, timing is everything. :/

Does this mean that our case is dead in the water? I scanned the forum for other experiences and some people are saying that it's enough to get the docs delivered before you depart, and some are saying that you actually need the SMS notification. This is what the USCIS website states:

You must apply for the travel document before leaving the United States. Generally, an applicant for a travel document must also complete biometrics capture at an Application Support Center (ASC) prior to departure from the United States.

Well, we definitely *applied* while in the US. Is there still hope that our case will proceed further? Our biggest fear is that they'll invite us for a biometrics appointment and then deny the application after that. Will we be automatically denied before this step?

Anyhow, thanks again to anyone willing to put in their 2¢.

Hi everyone, thank you for your advise and information.

So my wife is currently on AP only because she submitted the medical results the day after the interview. Hoping it gets issued soon.

Question is, she just want to fly in and get the visa stamped and make a right about turn the same day without leaving the airport. Is this possible? Any negative impact? We want to make the final move in July 2023. Is it possible to return only after 10 months?

Is there a way to avoid any potential problems? I read somewhere about a form to be filled if staying out of the country for an extended period of time.

Since I wasn't able to get my visa, I plan on getting a tourist visa and joining her in July 2023. Is it possible to apply for AOJ once I am there? Will it be harder for me to get a tourist visa while my wife has a green card? Can I tell them at the interview that I plan on changing status?

Since I wasn't able to get my visa, I plan on getting a tourist visa and joining her in July 2023. Is it possible to apply for AOJ once I am there? Will it be harder for me to get a tourist visa while my wife has a green card? Can I tell them at the interview that I plan on changing status?
You’re not supposed to use a tourist visa to enter and adjust. Even if you try hide your intentions at a tourist visa interview (never a good idea to lie to US officials by the way) they’ll probably figure it out and you are unlikely imo to get a tourist visa given your circumstances. Even if you do, CBP can refuse you entry if they suspect you intend to stay and adjust. You need to plan to wait in your home country for the process to work through, unless you are able to get some other visa, ideally dual intent like L1 or H1B to move in the meanwhile.

A quick question for you and anyone else willing to chime in - we received the SMS notification that our case was received this morning (EST time). Unfortunately, we left the US this Saturday (17 September). We got a UPS confirmation that the application was delivered (and signed for) at the lockbox this past Wed (14 Sept). UPS was delayed by a day due to weather conditions; it was originally scheduled for delivery on Tue, 13 Sept. As they say, timing is everything. :/

Does this mean that our case is dead in the water? I scanned the forum for other experiences and some people are saying that it's enough to get the docs delivered before you depart, and some are saying that you actually need the SMS notification. This is what the USCIS website states:

You must apply for the travel document before leaving the United States. Generally, an applicant for a travel document must also complete biometrics capture at an Application Support Center (ASC) prior to departure from the United States.

Well, we definitely *applied* while in the US. Is there still hope that our case will proceed further? Our biggest fear is that they'll invite us for a biometrics appointment and then deny the application after that. Will we be automatically denied before this step?

Anyhow, thanks again to anyone willing to put in their 2¢.
The date on your NOA is what matters, regardless of when UPS delivered the package. If the received date on the NOA is listed as today (which will be after your departure from the US on 9/17), then yes the applications will most likely be denied. So wait to see what is listed on the NOA.

Here's a Non-Precedent Decision of the Administrative Appeals Office of a denied Re-Entry application based on the applicant leaving the US one day before the application was considered filed, which you might find interesting.

EDIT to add additional Non-Precedent Decision of the Administrative Appeals Office (several similar cases available online):
1. Application for Non Travel document - 21882930 (most recent case/decision: 2022)
Application for Non Travel Document - 15206678 (2021)
3. Application for Non Travel Document -13907526 (2021)

Last edited:
The date on your NOA is what matters, regardless of when UPS delivered the package. If the received date on the NOA is listed as today (which will be after your departure from the US on 9/17), then yes the applications will most likely be denied. So wait to see what is listed on the NOA.

Here's a Non-Precedent Decision of the Administrative Appeals Office of a denied Re-Entry application based on the applicant leaving the US one day before the application was considered filed, which you might find interesting.

EDIT to add additional Non-Precedent Decision of the Administrative Appeals Office (several similar cases available online):
1. Application for Non Travel document - 21882930 (most recent case/decision: 2022)
Application for Non Travel Document - 15206678 (2021)
3. Application for Non Travel Document -13907526 (2021)
Hey Sm1smom, thanks so much for the info and the links (which don't sound promising at all).

Is there any way to ask for some sort of compensation from UPS because of delayed delivery? Is it worth involving a lawyer? If we assume that our package was going to be delivered as scheduled (13 Sept) it's safe to assume that the text message would've reached us on Friday and we'd be in the clear. Am I grasping at straws here?

Also, we are now considering filing for SB-1 visa further down the road, once we decide to move to the US. From what I understand, there is no time limit after becoming a permanent resident to file for one, provided that there were circumstances beyond one's control? We would like to do this as we can then file for one while in Europe. We don't want to chance another trip to file REP, because we cannot afford to take more time off work for this. We understand that the risk for denial is greater, but we would go via an experienced immigration lawyer for this one.

Hey Sm1smom, thanks so much for the info and the links (which don't sound promising at all).

Is there any way to ask for some sort of compensation from UPS because of delayed delivery? Is it worth involving a lawyer? If we assume that our package was going to be delivered as scheduled (13 Sept) it's safe to assume that the text message would've reached us on Friday and we'd be in the clear. Am I grasping at straws here?

Also, we are now considering filing for SB-1 visa further down the road, once we decide to move to the US. From what I understand, there is no time limit after becoming a permanent resident to file for one, provided that there were circumstances beyond one's control? We would like to do this as we can then file for one while in Europe. We don't want to chance another trip to file REP, because we cannot afford to take more time off work for this. We understand that the risk for denial is greater, but we would go via an experienced immigration lawyer for this one.
The most you’re going to get back from UPS is the cost of the mailing fee imo.

Quite frankly I think your chances of SB1 are dead in the water. You are planning to leave for an extended period of time - as shown by the REP application. SB1 is for those who did not plan to leave for too long and circumstances beyond their control that later arose prevented their timely return.

1. Sue UPS considering you already admitted their inability to deliver the package as scheduled was due to weather conditions? Something they had no control over, which is termed “an act of God”? Yeah, you’re grasping at straw with that IMHO. You might want to look into the tiny prints of your contract with them as in Terms and Conditions of Service.

2. How does your reluctance to chance another trip to file a new REP (based on your not being able to afford to take additional time off work) qualify for SB1 filing? Considering this is an option you are preemptively considering, I do not see how that qualifies as “reasons beyond your control and for which you were not responsible” (one of the conditions that must be met when applying for a SB1 visa). Good luck with the experienced immigration lawyer you’re hoping to use for it.

As long as you return to live in the US before a year is up (from when you leave the US, not from when you enter) you will be fine. Bear in mind however that an absence longer than 6 months will reset the 5-year citizenship clock, if that is important to you. But that is a different issue to maintaining your green card.
Hello, according to your answer to this question can you please specify it to me how are these 6 months calculated? If I entered the US in September and traveled back to home country in May 2023, will this be counted as 8 months without interruption? Or it will be counted as 3 months of the calendar year 2022 and for 2023 separately? I will appreciate your answer

Also, just wait to see what the actual NOA receipt date is.

Hello, according to your answer to this question can you please specify it to me how are these 6 months calculated? If I entered the US in September and traveled back to home country in May 2023, will this be counted as 8 months without interruption? Or it will be counted as 3 months of the calendar year 2022 and for 2023 separately? I will appreciate your answer
8 months uninterrupted. Calendar year changes have no impact on period calculated in or out of the US.

hello I had my interview at the embassy of usa franfurkt and consular agent said that he grants us the visa and it just remains to print. they will send me an email to recover. I just have a question I am I look at my status I am in AP is it normal?

hello I had my interview at the embassy of usa franfurkt and consular agent said that he grants us the visa and it just remains to print. they will send me an email to recover. I just have a question I am I look at my status I am in AP is it normal?
Yes

I have one last question is it normal that they took my old passport which has already expired with which I played and the new passport the two are at home at the embassy

hello I am stressed I would like to know we generally say after interview if the consul has accepted your visa your status changes it is not my case although consular agent of the embassy of the usa in frankfurt told me that she accepts my visa she will print and send me the email where I have to take but my status has not changed since my wife and I are still in ap. we had an interview yesterday at 10.49 am but so far nothing

Hello here. I would to thank you everyone in this amazing forum. I had my interview yesterday and I checked my status this morning and it is already Issued.
Thank you for helping me and answering all my questionsz

hello I am stressed I would like to know we generally say after interview if the consul has accepted your visa your status changes it is not my case although consular agent of the embassy of the usa in frankfurt told me that she accepts my visa she will print and send me the email where I have to take but my status has not changed since my wife and I are still in ap. we had an interview yesterday at 10.49 am but so far nothing
Have some patience.